“Great fun atmosphere and great food”

Camp Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Meredith
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Great fun atmosphere and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The most distinctive thing about Camp is the laid-back summer camp theme with special menu items and decor. The food is very good, service is excellent, and the fun is there for all. It is fairly small so keep that in mind. Go early in the high season!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank GoldenMomNana

Meredith, New Hampshire
“Have the Crackers & Cheese - Innovative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great food, camp atmosphere. A Common Man facility with it's expected high standards that are met with each visit.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AnnB-NH
Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
“Cozy Place for Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Camp is perfect if you want to dine in a cozy atmosphere that reminds you of, well, a camp on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee! Everything our party of five ordered screamed "comfort food". We started with the most decadent of "nachos", potato chips smothered in cheese and bacon. So good, and so bad. I couldn't stop eating them. The hit meal of the evening was the pot roast. I ended up sharing my daughter's meal as the server forgot to put my entrée order in. There were appropriate apologies and free desserts, and frankly I was full from the nachos, so no harm done. But, I do think overall you'll find Camp falls a bit short of "fine dining". Call 30 minutes in advance to put your name in should you choose to go.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Matt P
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Great ambiance, ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This place doesn't take reservations, but you can call 30 min in advance and put your name on a list. It's not a huge place. There were 2 empty tables when we arrived, but since we had called, we got the one directly in front of the fireplace. The decor is great. Camp themed, and a little campy.
The food was ok. A couple vegetarian options. The bread and sweet butter that they give you was really good. The Common Man Ale was ok, but nothing special. The salmon special of the night was really good. The Walk in the Woods, an appetizer of mushroom, asparagus, and peppers served on a hot skillet with pita, was ok. I was expecting stronger flavors. A regular salad was also not bad. I saw a lot of people eating dessert, but we were full. Perhaps we missed out? All in all, it wasn't bad, but it didn't knock my socks off.

1 Thank waterangel21
NH
“Not going back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our first night of a two night stay, I left disappointed and hungry. Our table was jammed against the bar at the end, kind of odd. Our waitress was very nice. We both ordered the cod with hollandaise sauce but mine was disgusting. The fish was dry but floating in the white/yellow sauce which to me looked like just lumpy flour & butter, it was gross. Our waitress didn't charge me thankfully but I had to hit the vending machine at the hotel to eat something. We will not go back there.

Visited December 2013