“Fantastic Lobster Rolls!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
New Canaan, Connecticut
“Fantastic Lobster Rolls!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hot lobster rolls were fantastic! The other items were very good also, but I think everyone in our party wished they had ordered the lobster rolls.

Visited August 2014

NY
“Please avoid”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I am not sure how come people on TA would like it. We went to the establishment based on TA review and expecting no more than a good basic sea-food meal. Our party of 9 ordered Fish&Chips, Salmon, Mahi Mahi tacos and a lobster dish. Fish in Fish&Chips were soggy with cole slaw that looked and tasted stale. Salmon was seasoned weird, not sure how can you ruin a fish like that. It perhaps too was not fresh. Salads were horrible to look at, let alone how they tasted. Only the tacos apparently were good, as suggested by the person that ordered them. Lobster, an expensive order, was a mistake. We had more fresh lobster on a salad at Sawyers the day before.

They recommend ice cream below their restaurant. Thee ice cream was terrible, very creamy and much like Eddy or similar brands. It was a let down as we were expecting a freshly home-made type ice cream and not a bad version of a commercially available freezer quality stuff. Will not go back and neither would recommend anyone to visit this place. Even the kids complained of lack of food quality.

1 Thank Sabmar
Connecticut
“Lakeside fun”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Walking the boardwalk in Meredith we decided to stop here for dinner. Had two good salads, my husband had the lobster over mixed greens and avocado. I had the seared tuna nicoise. Both were very good, nice quality lettuces, not drowning in dressing and quite large. There was lots,of the usual beach,bar type food with wonderful-looking onion rings going by but we did not indulge. They have a nice selection of summer cocktails. The cucumber cooler was delicious. Restaurant was pretty crowded with families, couples and small groups but the service was very good. Our server Abby was pleasant and attentive. There was a musician playing folk music which was quite nice and not intrusive.

Visited August 2014
“Another great meal at Town Docks”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We ate here as we were heading out of town, great last stop on our trip.

Loved eating outside at the picnic tables with our toes in the sand and water views all around. The food came out fairly quickly and all was very good. For a very busy spot all day every day in the summer, I have to say the servers were very good about checking back in with you.

My only complaint is that the drink I ordered was TINY and I do really mean TINY. Very big dissappointment. It was one of their margaritas, so ask if your drink comes in a normal sized plastic cup or the teeny one...

Ashburn, Virginia
“Great meal, LOBSTER ROLL, place to relax”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great location for a quick bite or to relax with drinks. This location has plenty of outdoor seating selections from a table for two to large picnic table seating. This location also has rooftop seating which provides even better views of the adjacent lake. I had a cold beer and the lobster roll, which is available two ways/ cold like a salad or hot with dipping butter. I had it hot with dipping butter, lots of large lobster pieces/claw with a very fresh taste. I liked that the lobster was the star of the sandwich. The service here was exceptional, they were very attentive. This was my first visit to this location and I was welcomed once seated by one of the managers "Paul", I observed him going from table to table welcoming every guest. I have traveled all over the country and still don't understand why every business doesn't get what Paul does. It is about feeling welcome, a place away from home and where a stranger makes you feel like family.

Great job guys, hope to see you next year!