“Very Enjoyable”
Review of Meredith Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meredith
Meredith Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Meredith B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this lovely, old Victorian home during the holidays. We rented 4 rooms for our two families. The rooms were very large, and very comfortable. The entire Inn was spotlessly clean. The breakfasts were excellent, and the Innkeeper could not have been nicer. Very good value, and a very pleasant stay. We will come back.

Room Tip: We had a chance to look at all of the rooms. They are all really nice. Rooms facing the back of the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Meredith Inn

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I planned a fall color trip through New Hampshire over the busy Columbus Day weekend. After much searching, I decided to stay at the Meredith Inn in Meredith, NH. According to their online website, they had availability left in one room for 10/12/13. I had searched other inns and hotels and found little vacancy so I was thrilled to be able to book this charming B&B.

I called and talked to the owner directly. She confirmed the availability. I gave her my credit card information. I then asked about a confirmation number. She replied (words to this effect), "Oh, no, we don't do that. You are in the book!" I then canceled a reservation I had made at another hotel for that night.

Two days before our arrival (while I was in transit to NH), my husband got a call from the owner telling him there had been an overbooking and we did not have a room at the inn. How could that be? She told me we were "in the book". The owner advised my husband she had found us a smaller room in a B&B 5 miles from the Meredith Inn.

Upon picking me up at the airport, my husband informed me of the change. It took us over 2 hours to get to our hotel where I immediately researched the new B&B we had tentative reservations at. I could find no online reviews of this new B&B. The website for this new B&B had all rooms available out into the future. When I called the new B&B to get information about it, the owner answered the phone with a simple "hello" as if it weren't a place of business. I had to inquire if it was a B&B.

I did not want to stay in a place that I could find no information on. I scrambled online and, after a tense two hours of looking, was fortunate enough to find a wonderful B&B (Rosewood Country Inn) that had a cancellation. It was, however, 75 miles away from where I had wanted to stay. (We took it and enjoyed this B&B immensely.)

When I looked at the Meredith Inn's reservation calendar, I found that the room we had been booked in suddenly was booked for an additional night. I suspect, but have no proof, that we were bumped to make way for someone who wanted to reserve two nights instead of one.

I am sure that the Meredith Inn is a lovely place to stay. But advance reservations don't always mean you will have a room reserved.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USAroamer
Reviewed 4 October 2013

A very homely and welcoming B&B Our friends staying in hotel accommodation nearby were jealous!
Very friendly and helpful Inn Keeper and housekeeper.We had a spacious quiet and comfortable room and excellent breakfast on both mornings that we stayed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Lovely structure, with historical charms intact. (I especially dig the doorknobs with the scrollwork!) Even though I booked one of the "lesser" rooms (Rm. 1), I found it to be spacious and inviting, and the en suite bath was not an afterthought squeezed into a corner as it is in some B&B's I've experienced, but rather a decent sized room with an enormous tiled shower. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast Janet (the innkeeper) served was scrumptuous. I have no hesitation recommending this inn for a relaxing, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We are usually hotel, not B&B, people but wanted a nice less expensive place to stay while in Meredith for a wedding. We could not have chosen better. The Meredith Inn is a lovely Victorian home with all the latest amenities, within walking distance of Lake Winnipesaukee. The very clean room was large with comfortable king bed, AC, flat screen TV, fireplace & huge bathroom with jetted tub & bidet! The breakfasts were made to order by Janet, the charming owner & there was coffee/tea available 24/7. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Two floors...We loved room 8 on second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oneoftherns16
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Meredith Inn for more than a decade and are always more than satisfied by our experiences. We spent last weekend there as we were attending a alumni function at Camp Lawrence on Bear Island. We love that the Inn is right in town within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. Upon arriving on Friday afternoon, we parked the car and walked to the waterfront for ice cream from the Town Docks, a Common Man company.
The room was very comfortable with good AC in this hot weather. The breakfasts are alway superb. Janet is a great cook as well as a super hostess. It is always interesting to share breakfast conversation with folks from all over the country and around the world. We usually spend an hour or more at the breakfast table sharing stories and coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side are somewhat quieter, but the entire Inn is very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Janet the owner who has completely renovated this place has done a wonderful job. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the inn is just a short walking distance from town. A great place for family reunions.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Peter B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meredith
Mill Falls at the Lake
#1 of 6 in Meredith
Nutmeg Inn
Nutmeg Inn
#2 of 6 in Meredith

Been to Meredith Inn? Share your experiences!