“Wonderful for Business Travelers”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Merrimack
Reviewed 22 July 2014

IHG hotels are by far my favorite to stay in. I wanted to preface my review with that in case I prove to be overly biased.
The location is wonderful, right of the turnpike. It's easy to jump on and off at almost any time of day.
There are plenty destinations for the hungry all around the hotel. There are also many shopping destinations in the area.
The room was phenomenal. Clean, great size and very travel-friendly. The hotel itself looks marvelous with brick walls and a raised lobby/dining area.
The breakfast. Oh my the breakfast. There is nothing to complain about and too much to compliment. It was indeed the best free breakfast I've had at a hotel. Period. I would describe it but my suggestion is to have it for yourself.
All in all it was a pleasant stay and I will definitely be heading there when I travel to that area again.

• Stayed: July 2014
MHTHN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Senior Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience on our Tripadvisor site. Thank you for your compliments of our breakfast. We have been working hard to improve the quality of the food and selection of choices. We have pancakes, scrambled eggs, omelets, sausage and gravy with biscuits, cinnamon rolls, Greek yogurt, Almond milk, gluten free muffins, Kellogg's brand cereals, fruit and more. Please come back!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel but probably not my last. Was here for the NASCAR weekend at Loudon. The Staff were very friendly. Hotel was maintained to a high level. The room was smaller than I expected but was very nice, adequate for 2 people. Breakfast was very good and exceeded what I expected, better than most any other free breakfast I have had. The rate was comparable to other hotels in the area, especially considering the major event taking place only about 1 hour away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MHTHN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear David S,

Thank you for sharing your experience on our Tripadvisor site. It was our pleasure to serve you. thank you for the compliments regarding our breakfast. We have been working diligently to improve the quality aand variety of items we have available. We try to offer competative value that will make you want to return. Please come back!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

this was my first stay in Holiday Inn ever and believe me I am very hard to please type of person. Stayed there for shopping to the Merrimack Premium Outlets and trip to CRANE BEACH, Outlets are very close to the hotel about 3 minutes drive. we couldn't go to the beach cause of loads of rain and wind so spent 4days there. went to Manchester mall, Mel's fun park etc. first of all location is right off the Hwy, few restaurants & fast food places & grocery store are at walking distance. ***very clean***, beds r comfy, complimentary breakfast is also good., staff is very helpful & friendly, rooms are small compare to Hilton or Marriot but still big enough for family of 4. by the way if you are coffee or tea lover then this is perfect for you cause that's available 24/7 and 5 or 6 tea choices:). thanks again to all the staff members:)

Regards,
Aujla Family

Room Tip: we were on the 3rd floor and pool view.
4  Thank Ramandeep T
MHTHN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Ramandeep T,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express hotel for your first ever Holiday Inn experience . I am pleased that your experience exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the compliments of our team. They work hard so you can stay relaxed! You didn't mention the pool, I know the fourth was a wash out for your Cranes beach plans, but I hope you got a chance to experience our beautiful outdoor pool on the nice weather days? Please come back!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm a 60 year old lady I came to stay at the holiday inn express because my daughter in law was abusing me Front Desk Brianna and housekeeper Samantha made me feel welcomed and comfortable those 2 lady's made me have tears of joy with how sweet and kind they were to me. I was staying in room 339 when Samantha stopped by to check on me and to make sure I was okay and set with things I needed I was blessed to meet Brianna and Samantha. I checked out the hotel a few days later and Samantha made a gift bag for me has I was leaving to stay in a shelter for the time being. I would request Holiday Inn Express to anyone because you will be treated with respect and people who care for their guests. Thank you Samantha and Brianna.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ginaspalding

Dear ginaspaulding,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience on our Tripadvisor.com site! I am blown away by your story. Brianna and Samantha have been commended for the superior guest service. I hope all the best for you and I am pleased they were there for you in your time of need. Please come back!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were in the Nashua/Merrimack area for 6 days and used this hotel as a base location to visit family in the area. Staff were very friendly, service was excellent, Hotel has been maintained to a very high level, (looks almost new inside). Room was small but adequate for two people. Breakfast was varied, (hot and cold items) and better than most freebies. Rate was comparable to other chains in the area, but in our mind was an excellent value. So, Price, Location, Service all add up to a Good Place to Stay.

1  Thank TeamPandG
MHTHN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear TeamPandG,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor. Thank you for staying with us for six days, we appreciate your patronage. I am pleased you found the staff friendly and the service superior. Thank you for the recommendation. Please come back!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed overnight fir shopping to the Merrimack Premium Outlets which is a 5 minute drive from hotel. Rooms are a but small but comfortable. The pillows were soft, although one was identified as firm. Staff is very friendly and helping. They offer free hot breakfast, outdoor pool and free onsite parking.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bellamonieman

Dear Bellamonieman,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Merrimack. Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience. We are the closest hotel to the Merrimack Premium Outlets where you can shop at over 100 stores. We also have some great restaurants within walking distance like the Common Man and Sweet Ginger. We also have a grocery store and NH state liquor were you can purchase the least expensive wine and spirits in New England! Please come back!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We are here for night two of our two night stay. The hotel is clean, well maintained and I like that the side doors are locked, access is by your room key. The bed is comfortable and you have your choice of firm or soft pillows. The shower is roomy and the amenties are very nice quality. If I had a negative comment it would be that they need a safety bar for the tub. Now there is one at the back of the shower, but if you are sitting into the tub, or for children, there really needs to be a safety bar at the bathtub level. The breakfast area seating is large with a variety of table sizes. There is a good variety on the breakfast buffet but the area is narrow and can be crowded but there is lots to choose from. The hotel is close to gas stations, fast food restaurants and is less than a 10 min drive from the Merrimack Premium Outlets. If we return to this area, we will definitely stay here. It is quiet and handy the Everett Turnpike.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K.C.NovaScotia

Dear K.C. NovaScotia,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am pleased you found the hotel clean and well maintained. The maintenance and housekeeping staff work hard to keep our guests coming back. I agree the breakfast buffet has lots to offer; from Gluten free muffins, to almond milk, Greek yogurt, Kellogg's brand cereals, Nemo's cinnamon buns, Turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, omelets and more! Please come back!

John B. Rogers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrimack
Residences at Daniel Webster
Courtyard Nashua
#3 of 13 in Nashua
8 mi away
Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack? Share your experiences!