“Problems everywhere!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Merrimack
nashua
“Problems everywhere!”
Reviewed 11 January 2009

From my reservation to the "free" shuttle service and on to billing, everything was a problem. I was given a decent rate by Mitch, till I went on the website and found it $20 less per night. They did honor it after I printed it out for them. The shuttle did not pick me up at the airport and I had to take a taxi ($35)and they would not reimburse me, saying I made the mistake. The hotel was not really clean, I had to switch rooms twice and then had to call to get towels (which I had to go get myself). The internet was down the 3 days I was there. Television service was interupted once, and most of the staff does not speak English enough to tell me why. Breakfast was a joke. When I asked for more milk, I had to wait for 15 minutes while someone went to the store.

I was also double billed when I got my hotel receipt mailed to me. They could not print one out when I checked out because the printer did not have paper.

I Do NOT recommend this computer.

• Disliked — Smelled funny
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank bigdog1Nashua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Puppop
Reviewed 9 October 2008

I came to spend 2 days with my family here because of the reviews, big mistake. I could immediately smell something and it got worse when I went to my room, #111. I complained to the front desk (Chris) who said it was the owners relative "cooking"!!!
Are you kidding? These rooms don't have kitchens. I asked to be moved, but was told they had to find a "clean" room first. No thanks! As for the "great" breakfast, it would have been nice to have someone there that spoke English to help with the waffle machine and to clean up. I asked (front desk) about getting a banana and was told they did not HAVE to buy them, it was not a
requirement. I do not reccomend this place unless you want to just save money and deal with the service and smell.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Puppop

Travellers are raving about these Merrimack hotels

Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2008

OUTSTANDING! NEW MANAGEMENT. New Rooms within the past 2 years I believe. Clean and Fresh. I even moved the bed and furnature to see if I could find dust and all was clean. We are very picky and I will stay here again when we are in the town. LOW Prices too! Wonderful weight room off lobby, sitting room, dining area for breakfast, free local newspapers, in room safe that is bolted to the floor, tv, refrigerators, microwaves for every room plus a sign in each room saying if you forgot anything to just ask and they have complementary items available. (We needed toothbrushes and toothpaste and they were quick to give them to us.) First floor ice machine and laundry with very clean washers and dryers. The manager was very helpful and pleasant. We had a wonderful conversation and I told him that the only thing that I did not like was the color of my blanker lol. He told me to call ahead of time when I return and he will bring a brand new one in of a different color from home. Our room had plenty of new clean towels and wash cloths. There were five of each item type for just the two of us. On the sink lined up were complimentary soap, shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion which I found to have a pleasant scent and not just the tacky ones that most motels have. They sat on a oval mirror to accent the room. In room hair dryers. Our room was two queen beds which was my choice for only 80.00 a night on a weekend. The mattresses, pads, sheets all looked brand new. The beds were very comfortable and not lumpy. We sleep in a waterbed and usually have trouble sleeping away from home but found our beds very comfortable. The air conditioner/heater fan was quiet with the fan in excellent working condition. Two smoke alarms had been built into our room.

Great HUGE breakfast which included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, freshly made ex lg. belgin waffles and syrup, pasteries, white and wheat toast, bagels and creamed cheese, english muffins, three different large muffins, Dannon yogart, fresh fruit (4 different kinds), two juices, two coffees, tea, milk, two different types of cereal and I must have forgotten something but you get the drift. The breakfast was set up and maintained by a lovely lady who goes out of her way to make sure that nothing runs out. She is so cute that she even lines up the sweetner packets in a large tray, all 500 of them! Up early I helped myself to some tea at 6:30 am and the breakfast was out. We finally went down to eat at 9 am and all items had been replenished. When we checked out at 11 am, all of the items were still available. At night I checked to see what was available late at night and found the coffee and the tea water were hot and available along with a huge bowl of fresh fruit. Not all Comfort Inns have this extended breakfasts. I was told that it is up to the management.

I took a bunch of pictures with the intention of putting them on here but I just looked and I think I reformatted my memory card without saving them. If I find them in the near future I will post them. But, believe me this place is real nice.

This place is only one block from the Anseuser Busch brewery where they have free tours of the plant and of the stables to see the Clydesdales. Plus free beer (large size glasses (not mini glasses) - 2 for each adult. See my other recommendation on what to do.

• Liked — Clean rooms and the HUGE breakfast
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Rollinsford, NH
Reviewed 3 May 2008

Everything is new, even the staff. A new owner took over and cleaned house. And I mean cleaned house, staff and all. Clean and bright rooms, outside all done over. They treated me like gold. I felt like I was at home there. I will stay ther every chance I can. I thank you all for making my stay there the best. Thanks Laura, Stephany, Ryan, Cam, Margarite, and the owner himself-Mitch. Hope to see you again soon. Frank

• Liked — The people.
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
oklahoma
Reviewed 30 April 2008

We checked into this hotel in mid February using it as a place to sleep and rest while working on our home in Pepperell, MA. Our plan was to stay a short while but the work necessary at our home required a longer stay. We did not like the hotel or the staff but our focus was on our property. The hotel was poorly run and I thought when I had time I would contact Choice Hotels and report the problems.
Suddenly without warning a wonderful change happened. THE HOTEL WAS SOLD!

The new owners have done wonders immediately. This property has changed from a flop house to a first class, well run venue, desirable for all travelers looking for a mid-range moderately priced value.
The property looks great with first class landscaping completed, the building cleaned and painted on the outside. It looks so good I often feel I have returned to the wrong location. WHAT A CHANGE!

Inside there are very positive changes as well. The staff is well trained and customer oriented and “at your service”. This is a big change also as the last group was a passel of complainers that did not know how to serve the public.

Breakfast is FRESH FOOD, warm food, egg sandwiches, sausage, bacon, waffles, bagels, toast, HOT delicious coffee, fresh juice, fresh fruit, and clean fresh fresh fresh…….

The rooms all have a microwave and refrigerator, clean attractively made up bedding with all the amenities necessary to make your stay comfortable. There is reliable wireless internet and full Comcast cable TV all in tip top working order……That is also a change…

I can not say enough about this metamorphosis at this COMFORT INN. It is great today and ready for all your travel needs. I would recommend it with out reservation.

• Liked — The NEW professional atmosphere!!!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
West Islip, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2007

Seems that they updated the rooms. New shower head and corian countertop. Very clean and modern.
Beds were great and room was modern, too.
I would highly recommend it. Spent $80 with AAA.
Free wireless an breakfast, too.
Looks to be family owned.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gbarry
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2007

We stayed here one night during the NCAA Hockey regionals in Manchester. We checked in after the games and were surprised that the hotel had a big "Comfort Inn Coming Soon" banner on top of a Days Inn sign. The hotel was pretty empty and there seemed to be some confusion checking in because one of the rooms we were assigned had not been cleaned. After several minutes, the reception person got us moved and we got the keys to our two rooms. No troubles with the rooms, which were nice and clean and modern. In fact, we had a full selection of digital cable channels, which was a first for me in a hotel room. The only real problem was the wireless Internet. I was able to connect once, but that was it. I asked at the front desk and they were aware of the problem but it was unlikely to be fixed before Monday morning. I tried to call the toll free number for Internet support that was given in the room, but the phones were not set up to allow toll free numbers with an 866 area code. So I gave up. In the morning, the breakfast was nothing special but good. Our other problem was at checkout, when both rooms were charged to my credit card (that was used to hold the reservation) even though my friends in the other room tried to put their room on a different card. Overall, things were OK and I think the problems were because the hotel was in the process of switching from Days Inn to Comfort Inn. I'd be willing to give them another chance.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable.
  • Disliked — Internet problems.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jtdriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merrimack
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack
Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua
Courtyard Nashua
Courtyard Nashua
#3 of 13 in Nashua

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!