“Neighborhood hangout” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Neighborhood hangout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's like the Cheers Bar. Everyone talks to everyone. Good food. Fast service. Friendly and comfortable. You feel at home the second you walk in.

• Visited March 2014

Milford, New Hampshire
“Another winner on Milford's Oval”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We recently ate here on a busy Sunday afternoon. When we walked in, I think every single person working there greeted us within 10 seconds. They were very attentive the whole time we were there.

One of the things I found odd was that on the weekends, the fryer is not in operation. This limits the choices quite a bit. The other strange thing was that all of their "freshly made" options are also not available on weekends. I was kind of bummed by that, they all sounded very tasty.

With all of the strange menu anomalies aside, the food and service were very good. My wife had a bison cheese burger which she thoroughly enjoyed. Since there are no fries on weekends, she got homefries from the griddle instead - such a good choice. I had pancakes, with sides of bacon and home fries. Pancakes and bacon were far above average, all done properly. The homefries, though, were insanely good. They are by far the best homefries on the Oval in Milford. I could east just an entire plate of them and be happy. The house coffee was pretty good too.

I wish I could make it in during the week, but I work far away and am never home during the day. The other menu choices sound great but I can't speak for them. Hopefully Union Street Grill may make this stuff available for us weekend visitors some time soon.

Please note that they close somewhat early on Sundays at 12:30.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“local hang out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

There's almost always someone there that I know
The food is on the table before you know it
small but I love to stop there for berakfast

Visited September 2013
Milford NH
“if your not a regular you dont matter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

or at least thats how i felt when i was there a few weeks ago, This breakfast place has been on the oval for many years and there fore has many regulars which makes it easy to be ignored when you arent spending breakfast with the staff every morning, other than that food was decent, coffee was good and i am pretty sure they are the only breakfast place in Milford that serves eggs Benny, so i will probably be back.

Visited April 2013
New Hampshire
“Great breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Nice n delicious eggs served with homemade hash. I frequent this little place just off the oval about once a month. Street parking requires a little creativity..

Visited July 2013