“Great Burger, Friendly and Comfortable Place”
Review of Chapanga's - CLOSED

Chapanga's
Cuisines: American
Amherst, New Hampshire, United States
“Great Burger, Friendly and Comfortable Place”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This is a former chain restaurant building that has been remodeled into a "sort of Sports Bar". When they first opened I had a couple of breakfast dining experiences which were "adequate", so tried a lunch experience, ordered a burger "Medium Rare" that arrived very "well" with no further visit from the Server, then visited another time, had a Reuben that was burned beyond recognition, so wrote this place off. But the place has survived, so I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and check it out, after all, places can evolve. Walking in there is the experience of the "Cheer's From Hell" in which nobody wants to know your name, but I ignored that. The patrons all seemed to interact well with each other, but the Staff was very friendly, so I grabbed a table. All of the table tops in sight had gouges and severe wear, which caused me to question my decision to give them another chance. What saved the day was Linda, who got me seated, her frioendly greeting was infectious, and I decided to stay. My coffee arrived quickly, tasted great ("black" of course), and I checked oput the menu. Breakfast is available all day, and they offer any of the sandwiches as a "half sandwich and soup" spoecial, or chilli if you prefer, I was interested in checking that out, and will next time, but I wanted to test them on their Burger. I ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger, Medium Rare. It was busy, so I was not surprised that my order took a while to arrive. But when it did arrive I was pleased. The bun was fresh, soft, warm ... the tomato was obvioulsly freshly sliced to the order, a nice touch, and the fries were clean in appearance, (obvioudly the oil had recently been changed). Tastes: the frries were fantastic, obviously cooked to order, note that the place was busy so one would not be surprised to have fries copoked ahead of time, but these fires were obviously cooked at the same time as was the burger. Ordered Medium Rare, the burger had a great char, not too much, the burger was really almost perfect. So, the food had all of the fine touches, the table tops need some major touches .... check it out, get there for some great food, ignore the tops of the tables, might just be the result of customers grabbing the tables in ectasy from the taste of great food!

• Visited February 2013