“Great burgers at budget prices”

Papa Joe's Humble Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Milford, NH
“Great burgers at budget prices”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

For a non-fast food take out - much better quality meat and grilled on demand this is the place - often have great sides and desserts in the refrigerator.

Visited December 2013

Milford, New Hampshire
“Cookies!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I rarely get anything but cookies from Papa Joe's. The chocolate chip cookies are the BEST I've ever had. They are about 4" across and always perfectly cooked. They come six to a bag,for about $5. Ohhhhhh so good. I believe Papa Joes sometimes has other flavors of cookie but i stick with the chocolate chip.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank jennkenn2
Amherst, New Hampshire, United States
“Good Burger Destination, A Place To Fill Your Gut, But Not Your Soul”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Their website states that the Chef has worked someplace else, with the implication that somehow that implies that the food should be special. Originally located with the Cumberland Gas station and now relocated to South Street, AKA Highway 13, close to 101. Their website claims that they grind their burger meat every morning, and I believe that they do that. They have sufficient signage so as to find them, parking is a bit tight and suggests that most of their business is not "dine in". There are some tables outside on a deck area and some on the front porch. The building appears to be a repurposed home. There is a ramp on the side for people in wheelchairs. Walking inside your are struck by the fact that this is another of those places where the regulars understand the "rules", but newbees are faced with a learning curve. There are a number of burger choices listed on a signboard above, quite a range of complicated choices. The Burger's are named, evidently to honor/recognize people important to the restaurant. They also have a (loaded) french fires menu. Beverages are a bit confusing, unless you want a soda. No coffee, I ordered water, never received it, I believe that I was charged $0.99 for the water. There is cooler on the back wall, maybe I was to have understood that I was to go and pick up my water, but, as I explained to the nice lady behind the counter, I was not familiar with their operation and she gave me no direction, so I assumed that the water would be delivered with the food. There is an open kitchen, and as mentioned, a soda cooler on the back wall, to the right of the cooler is a door with a plaque reading "W/C" which I assume is either the staff break area or the rest room. There are three tables inside, my food was delivered, the young lady who first brought the burger explained that the fork that she also delivered was for the chili-cheese fries, that I had also ordered. When I ordered the bacon cheese burger I was not asked the temp that I desired or given a choice of cheeses. I was asked as to what toppings I preferred. The bun was nice, the cheese was white American Cheese, two nice slices of tomato, although very thin, the few flakes of lettuce were not really present, there was a slice of bacon present, I think, the grilled onion was fine chopped and not very present, and the burger was cooked closer to "hockey puck" well than to "medium well". I ordered a small order of chili cheese fries, and what I received was a large amount of food. The chili cheese fries side dish would have been more than I would normally eat for one sitting. The chili seemed to be scratch made, but the cheese sauce was obviously dumped straight from a can.

Bottom line, the food was OK, neither good nor bad, but not up to the level of what one would expect from an "experienced Chef".

• Visited September 2013