“Tex-Mex”

Ranked #24 of 57 Restaurants in Milford
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Milford, New Hampshire, United States
“Tex-Mex”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I really do NOT like TexMex food! the service was great, good assortment of beer available... I just prefer authentic Mexican cuisine

Visited June 2012

Amherst, New Hampshire
“I've never had a bad meal here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is a great little place. Has a small space for outdoor seating. The drinks are tasty. Has great atmopsphere, and most of all, delicious, inspired Mexican food with larger-than-expected portions. I brought my cousin from metro DC here (a place with an abundance of great ethinc dining choices); she said it was some of the best Mexican food she'd ever had (she had the steak fajitas, I had the fish tacos). Amigos always exceeds my expectations. People are friendly, and prices are fair. Highly recommended. Tip: I've heard this place gets noisy and crowded on the weekend. I've been there on a Friday night, and it's true it was crowded, and some of the waitstaff seemed a little overwhelmed. But people generally looked happy coming and going. Even so, unless I'm really yearning for a burrito, I think I'll stay away during the weekends!

• Visited August 2011
New England
“You won't leave hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Huge portions I thought and good tasting. Good service, good food, a little on the expensive side.

Visited April 2012
Milford, New Hampshire
“Americanized Mexican food, good all around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Amigo's is usually packed and their recipe for success is pretty simple - serve quality food and large portions. Their "Mexican" is rather "Americanized" but it is still very good.

I usually get the Alamo burrito that is packed with meat and is super tasty. The tacos are excellent, along with the chimi's, enchiladas and quesadillas. The fries they serve are fantastic too - nice and crispy but not super thin.

Margaritas are pretty good here, and they usually have some decent beers on tap that change with the seasons.

The prices are reasonable, the drinks are good and the food is good as well. If you go in expecting genuine Mexican cuisine you'll probably be disappointed, but if you're in the mood for decent Mexican you'll be fine.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank kalvinr11
Northern Virginnie
“Great Mexican food - not to mention amazing margaritas and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Whenever we visit our son and his wife in beautiful Southern New Hampshire from Northern Virginia, our go-to restaurant is Amigos in the cute town of Milford. We visited for Christmas and enjoyed another amazing meal accompanied by their not-too-sweet, just-right margaritas. Unfortunately, they were out of chile rellenos the day we were there, but everything at Amigos is delicious.
In addition to the flavorful food, the staff is always friendly, attentive, and helpful with menu choices.
We definitely look forward to enjoying more good times with family and friends here - see you in the Spring!

• Visited December 2011