“Non-GMO ingredients appreciated, but some fossil-fuel burning needed!”
Review of Lemon Grass

Lemon Grass
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Non-GMO ingredients appreciated, but some fossil-fuel burning needed!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We could not believe it when we walked in - it was a cold night but there was no excuse for the restaurant to be so cold that all the patrons were wearing winter coats and many were wearing hats. We were put in the private tea room where taking off shoes was required, so many of us put our mittens on our feet. The meal took 2 1/2 hours and the kitchen must have been frozen as well because although a couple of us ordered the same thing, the meal was different. The sukiyaki was really rice noodles with veggies. I used the menus to try to block some of the draft coming off the window, but it was hopeless. One of our party came back from the rest room and announced he could see his breath, it was that cold. It would have been chalked up to a fun adventure, but the meal was $50 each - insane for the fact we didn't have very much food or wine and did not order dessert. We wish this was a better restaurant, because we were excited there was an Asian restaurant in our area. (And, oh yes, good luck finding it tucked in back of a strip mall off the road - half of our party got lost even using GPS's.)

• Visited December 2013

new hampshire
“A welcome change”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The staff was great from the start. The person taking the reservation to the waitress and the bus girl were eager to please. The waitress was from Thailand and gave us much information on the dishes to help make our selection. Since the menu had so many choices, I ordered a half order of two dishes. One was very spicy, which I like and the other was a meat that was basic. They only had one dish they labelled "Spicy". Not sure if you could ask if they could make any of their other dishes more spicy. You can ask for brown rice if you prefer that over the regular rice. If you like you can sit in a private room with cushions on the floor. The food is natural and organic. the meat is farm raised and the fish is caught in the wild. We were told all the decor in the restaurant came from Thailand.
I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the mood for Asian food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank skibones
Meredith, New Hampshire
“Fabulous food and excellent service”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were surprised by the wide selection of inventive dishes. We started by sharing a huge portion of light as a feather calamari with 3 delicious sauces. My husband ordered crying tiger wqhich was kind of like the best beef sukiyaki ever. The beef was rare and so tender. I got grilled scallops which were perfect, but the sides were well prepared but a bit boring. I asked for extra turmeric sauce to put on the rice and the chef whipped it up to order immediately.

The Remy Martin flourless chocolate cake is out of this world.

• Visited September 2013
Stuart, Florida
“Favorite restaurant and gluten free to boot”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Every time I am in the Meredith area, I have to stop at lemongrass for dinner or lunch.
I love the ambiance, drinks and food in particular. I am gluten intolerant and the chef will always accommodate most any item on menu, to fit my dietary restrictions.
Previous reviews have mentioned how expensive it is and potions are small. Well, I totally disagree and wonder if they had either multiple drinks or expensive wine to get their bill up to where it was. A restaurant can't be all things, to all people. Their food is fresh, expertly prepared and the service is usually very good.
I always look forward to eating here.

• Visited August 2013
Meredith, N.H.
“Review of Lemon Grass”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

First rate! Fabulous meal! Service was excellent and so was the ambiance. I am over the moon about this restaurant. The portions were just right. We shall be returning very soon.

• Visited September 2013