“Unforgettably bad”

Cuisines: Sushi, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I decided to go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We called ahead to be sure the restaurant would be open on a Monday night. We were pleased when we found out they were open. Upon arrival we were greater by a man who escorted us to a table. We asked to have a window seat which he accommodated but made the comment that there was not much to see out the window. That was odd and unnecessary, but we dismissed it. He returned to provide us menus and take our drink order. It was May 5th, so in honor of Cinco de Mayo, we chose a special margarita. He returned shortly with our drinks and took our appetizer orders. I had decided on my entree so I placed my order for dinner also. My wife was still deciding. The cocktails were OK but sounded better on the menu than they tasted. The appetizers arrived. I got The Broken Ship which was a bowl of deep fried seafood. My wife got the Wasabie Dumplings. Both dishes were OK but not great. When the waiter delivered the appetizers, my wife placed her order for her entree. A short time later the waiter returned to remove the appetizers and delivered my entree, the Mojo Free Range Duck. The waiter told us he wanted to deliver my entree before it got cold. He added that somehow he/they had lost the slip for my wife's order and it would come out shortly! That was awkward as I sat there with my entree cooling off waiting for the remainder of the order. At my wife's suggestion I began to eat alone as she waited, and waited, and waited. My duck was to be accompanied by a citrus black bean sauce that was missing, was over cooked, and was a typical food service half a duck. Free range my foot! I finally stopped eating out of disappointment and embarrassment. When the waiter finally came by to inform us it would be a short time more before my wife's entree would be ready, he could plainly see that I was not pleased with my meal, not to mention the bazaar act of serving us individually 15 minutes apart. I informed him the duck was over cooked (or reheated too many times) and he said "looks like it is a tough night"! There were only three tables out of a huge dining area being occupied! I put my folded napkin over my dish out of disgust and continued to wait for my wife's entree. It finally came. She ordered the Seafood Carbonara. It was to be served on glass noodles yet came sitting on linguini! She ate her meal as I sat and watched. Her opinion was that it was OK. It was served hot as I could see the steam. The waiter returned to take my covered plate and her dish and offered no apology or anything sympathetic to our experience. "Would you like to try some dessert of coffee?", he asked. "No thank you, just the check"' I responded. He returned with the check, which included every item, no consideration given for the bad duck, and horrible service. Not even a modest apology or acknowledgement of our displeasure was offered. I will never recommend this place. I am a local who has hospitality experience and understand most of what can go wrong in this business yet fail to understand why this could go so wrong on a night when they were slow. Moreover the lack of any attempt to appease us was unprofessional and appalling.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Food is good, sushi is average but entrees quite good. You won't need a doggie bag for most meals as portions are fine but not huge. Expect at least an 80 dollar check for two people including one beer, one wine, and more $ if you want appetizers or dessert. Overall we enjoy going occasionally, just don't expect to be totally wowed by amazing taste and value. But, all in all, it is one of the area's best restaurants. Fun for groups of 6 or more to get the secluded sitting areas. Call ahead in busy summer months for reservations. Happy hours vary by season for appetizer and sushi specials.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Lemon Grass is THE best restaurant in Moultonborough. There are interesting specials in the evenings with fresh ingredients prepared without heavy sauces. Lunch is a great value with the Bento boxes...just the right amount ...and lots of choices. My overall reccomendations are: Fusion salad, Cooper Maki, Dancing Maki, Tom Yum soup, Beet Chèvre salad, Crying Tiger Beef and Shellfish Coconut Curry. The food is consistently delicious and the owners and staff are all friendly and caring.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Although I live in the area I had never heard of Lemon Grass until I found it on trip advisor, I decided to try it and made reservations for me and my wife for valentines day. Although on a main road the restaurant itself is hard to notice it sits back from the road and only has a small sign on the road. We had reservations for 7pm in which we were seated immediately (impressive for a busy night). However with that said we sat there for approximately 15 minutes before I had to ask the bus boy if he could locate our waitress. Once this little oversight was fixed we ordered our meals. We got a couple sushi rolls, some sushi and main courses. The sushi rolls were fantastic to say the least and the sushi itself was very good. Its nice to know that there is a place nearby with such good sushi. As for the main dishes I got the special fried rice which comes with lobster, shrimp and scallops (which it was loaded with each) it was very delicious. My wife got the sukiyaki, I thought it was very good but it was a shade too spicy for my wife.

Its not a big restaurant by any means but I liked it. Its open and you have a view of the kitchen. outside the initial service issue I definitely would go back

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Awesome Friendly Staff, Great Bar area & Fresh prepared dishes! If you haven't gone yet! Your missing a great meal!