“Keep driving”

Cuisines: American
Description: 603-476-5485
Description: 603-476-5485
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

We stopped on or way to castle in the clouds. Ordered a veggie burger but they were out of them. Had a salad instead. it was small, pre made and expensive. My wife had a salad with steak tips. It was small under cooked and expensive.

There are newer reviews for Buckey's Restaurant Tavern

Reviewed 29 September 2012

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch on a really cool day in September, so we both opted for the clam chowder. While good and hot, it was nothing special and I've certainly had better, especially locally here in Va. My husband also got a hot dog, which he declared good but my onion rings were quite a disappointment (though the basket was huge) to both of us and had way too much breading. I don't suppose you can judge a restaurant on just one lunch, but to us it seems just average.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Buckey's is an annual stop for us, usually for lunch. The kids love the talking deer head near the front door. Their clam chowder is always really good. This time we had an extremely large party with us for lunch, and they were very accommodating as far as pushing tables together for us, but the service was understandably slow, and things got quite mixed up with the checks at the end. Nonetheless we all had a great time, and nobody left hungry.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Enjoyed out dinner at Buckey's yesterday. Its very popular so don't be surprised if there is a wait. Serivce was good considering the crowd. Has the chicken cordon blue over pasta was very good and reasonable at $15. Others enjoyed their meal too.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

We never miss a chance to stop here when we're in the area. Children LOVE the talking deer head on the wall as you come into the restaurant from the tavern area. And adults will love the clam chowder. I have been told they make it themselves, and I want to believe that. But I don't really care. It's just delicious, whether it comes from a can, or whatever............The last time we were there was during bike week. And this place really welcomes the bikers. I could do without that, but it's not my business. I can see where this a place where locals hang out, but I have never felt out of place here.