“Must be GOURMET Mexican?”
Review of El Mariachi

El Mariachi
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Zip Code 03254
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

The glowing reviews here are surprising; the food was decent as far as Mexican goes (and I do eat my share of tacos), but the prices were absolutely RIDICULOUS. No lunch specials (only in the winter?!), and atmosphere like what you would expect in an Lakes Region Mexican restaurant that used to be a seafood restaurant. Bottom line, spend your money on a ginormous lobster roll -it would cost A LOT less!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I just didn't expect authentic Mexican food in this small town in the upper part of NH. While visiting a friend we had dinner at this small restaurant and the food was exceptional. They had dishes that I have not seen outside of Mexico such a Chili en Nogado my favorite. The guacamole made tableside was excellent and everyone raved about their dishes!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was worried by how disorganzed and short staffed the restaurant appeared, but we were seated on a Sunday evening of a holiday weekend in about 25 minutes without a reservation. The wait was worth it. The wait staff was excellent and the food even better. Really great Carnitas, Guacamole, Skirt Steak and Enchiladas. Will make reservations next time but definitely going back.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

The service here was excellent-couldn't have been better. The food was the most 'Americanized' Mexican food I've ever eaten- ok, but not at all exciting. The cheese on top of the enchiladas was shredded mozzarella straight out of the bag, not even melted. I guess I'm spoiled by the quality Mexican restaurants back home in Montana. And the margarita. It was the worst margarita I've ever had. It tasted like water. No flavor, including no hint of tequila. Wouldn't have been worth $2, never mind $10. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say it was an inexperienced waitress making it. And I'd also recommend, if you must have one, get it on the rocks- blended definitely waters it down more.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We were headed to Meredith to find lunch and passed this place. Turned around and went back for a fabulous lunch. Try the enchiladas with mole sauce it was divine, just the right amount of heat. The others in the group had carnitas and chimichangas, which they enjoyed. We will go there again when we are back in the area. Service was great. A little pricey but worth it.