“Good food - needs exhaust fan”
Review of El Mariachi

El Mariachi
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Zip Code 03254
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friends. We were not disappointed, the food was great. There were four of us and we thought the total bill was very reasonable, so I don't understand complaints about prices. Our dining partners spend their winters just a few miles from the Mexican border and they thought the mole sauce was the best they had ever tasted. The service was friendly, accurate and quick.

The sizzling fajitas were coming out of the kitchen so fast that there was a cloud of steam and smoke hanging in the dining room. They need a more powerful exhaust fan to keep the air clear. The decor is pretty cheesy but who can argue with good food. I especially enjoyed the table side preparation of the guacamole was fun to watch and resulted in some very fresh and delicious guacamole.

The place is pretty small so you should think about calling a head for reservations before going during busy times. I will definitely put this on my list of places to visit regularly.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

The glowing reviews here are surprising; the food was decent as far as Mexican goes (and I do eat my share of tacos), but the prices were absolutely RIDICULOUS. No lunch specials (only in the winter?!), and atmosphere like what you would expect in an Lakes Region Mexican restaurant that used to be a seafood restaurant. Bottom line, spend your money on a ginormous lobster roll -it would cost A LOT less!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I just didn't expect authentic Mexican food in this small town in the upper part of NH. While visiting a friend we had dinner at this small restaurant and the food was exceptional. They had dishes that I have not seen outside of Mexico such a Chili en Nogado my favorite. The guacamole made tableside was excellent and everyone raved about their dishes!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was worried by how disorganzed and short staffed the restaurant appeared, but we were seated on a Sunday evening of a holiday weekend in about 25 minutes without a reservation. The wait was worth it. The wait staff was excellent and the food even better. Really great Carnitas, Guacamole, Skirt Steak and Enchiladas. Will make reservations next time but definitely going back.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

The service here was excellent-couldn't have been better. The food was the most 'Americanized' Mexican food I've ever eaten- ok, but not at all exciting. The cheese on top of the enchiladas was shredded mozzarella straight out of the bag, not even melted. I guess I'm spoiled by the quality Mexican restaurants back home in Montana. And the margarita. It was the worst margarita I've ever had. It tasted like water. No flavor, including no hint of tequila. Wouldn't have been worth $2, never mind $10. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say it was an inexperienced waitress making it. And I'd also recommend, if you must have one, get it on the rocks- blended definitely waters it down more.