“Clean Rooms, Very Friendly Staff!”

Rodeway Inn Moultonborough
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Moultonborough
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I recently stayed at this motel during Bike Week, perhaps the busiest week the region has all year. I booked late (March) and my choices were few. I booked at the Rodeway due to the proximity to the event. After booking, I read all the nasty reviews and was not expecting much - but I had little choice. As I was traveling with a friend and not my family, I figured that as long as the bed was clean, I would be happy. The room was very clean and smelled great. We had reserved a non-smoking room and that is what we got. The sheets and towels smelled very clean which is important to me. I talked with several other guests who all agreed the rooms were very clean.

I highly recommend the Rodeway Inn and I will stay there next year. Do yourself a favor and disregard the negative posts below.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms offer more privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pastcha24
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Moultonborough

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My daughter and I went here. I had a business trip and we chose this hotel because of it being part of the Choice Chains.
Rooms were FILTHY. There were bugs in the room. We could smell smoke. The beds were OLD and FILTHY.
My daughter and I both felt bad after being in the room for a few hours. We left and went up the road to the Berry Pond Hotel. MUCH cleaner.

Room Tip: Go to the Berry Pond Motel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The worse hotel I have ever seen. Dirty and smelly. Stains on the walls and carpet. Cigarette burns in the one chair. Fridge dirty and stunk. We did not shower...just wanted to get out of there in the morning. The ads lie about the rooms. Absolutely horrible.

Room Tip: sleep in your car before you stay here
Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank steve s
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Went there because it is a chain of choice hotels. It should not be! It was old, small, dirty. Fridge had stuff left in it and stunk horribly. And top of fridge was not cleaned. The bed was advertised as a queen. It was a full, and very very old and squeaky!! Also had hair on pillow and blanket was dirty. Holes in door and walls. Remote was disgusting. Held onto it with a washcloth, I couldn't even touch it. Other guests were near our room the whole time. Did not feel safe. Especially for the fact where our room was, there was a door that lead into the house part of the hotel, with lock that did not attach to our side of the door!!! Shower was also gross and old. Needs renovations badly and some good housekeepers!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel needs renovations and some love. Somebody’s bottle was left in the refrigerator and a big spider lived right above the shower head. (Not sure when and how the room was cleaned.) The carpet looked dirty. Bed covers looked old. We had to say at friends the night before and had our sleeping bags with us. We chose to sleep in our sleeping bags in the hotel. I tried to connect to the Internet but was not able to. There were no instructions in the room. (I suppose, I could have walked to the front desk but decided not to bother.) The hotel is located by an intersection, which contributes to the noise coming from the outside but if windows are closed, the air becames stuffy. Yet, if the AC unit is on, it is not possible to sleep because the AC unit is very loud. We paid about $140 for a night (with tax), which I feel is too high for a hotel of this quality. At checkout, nobody was at the front desk. I placed my room key on the desk and left.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the road and on the side that does not face the intersection.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ski B
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Upon pulling into the motel’s parking lot late afternoon, I immediately noticed that there were no cars in the lot and the office was closed. I couldn’t help but think about the scene from the movie, Psycho, where the woman pulls into the parking lot late at night and she is the only one there. Since we already had a reservation, we waited until one of the employee’s returned. Apparently the woman who was responsible for running the office was also in charge of cleaning the rooms. Anyway, after receiving our keys, we made our way to the room which was located on the second floor. There only exterior corridors. Upon entering the room, I immediately noticed that there was a musty smell and the bed linens appeared to be dirty. The bathroom also had significant wear and tear. We were only in the room less than 3 minutes and decided to return to the office because we were going to stay elsewhere. The woman who had just checked us in called the manager and he came from one of the motel rooms where apparently he lives. He stated that he would not give us a refund and so we were stuck staying there for the night. The pictures on the motel’s website do not provide an accurate description of what is actually offered. I wouldn’t be surprised if this motel closes in a matter of months.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Travel_Critic83
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Crummy, awful, stained bed cover, no water for a bath or shower, lights not working.
Stay well away. Didn't even feel safe there, with the chain on the door, and warning on the door not to open it to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank marsellas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moultonborough
Econo Lodge
#3 of 6 in Wolfeboro
Center Harbor Inn
Center Harbor Inn
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor

Been to Rodeway Inn Moultonborough? Share your experiences!