“Not worthy of being in Choice chain”
Review of Matterhorn Inn

Matterhorn Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Moultonborough
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I really like Choice properties, and frequently stay with them. This property is not worthy of their affiliation. It was dirty, mold was growing on the ceiling of the bathroom, bugs around and the sheets did not appear to be very clean. I would never stay there again

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Windsweptphot

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Very basic motel with simple rooms, but then some unexpected features (e.g. fridges in the rooms, a nice grill available for use, a basketball hoop). If you're tired of granite countertops, come here.

Because its no-frills, it's a much better value than anything you'd find in nearby vacation-town Meredith. In that regard, it's a good choice for the budget-conscious traveler. Nonetheless, the price is still higher than you'd expect for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This place was clean and inexpensive. It is old and outdated and in need of renovation. But it was a place to stay the night not vacation. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I recently stayed at this motel during Bike Week, perhaps the busiest week the region has all year. I booked late (March) and my choices were few. I booked at the Rodeway due to the proximity to the event. After booking, I read all the nasty reviews and was not expecting much - but I had little choice. As I was traveling with a friend and not my family, I figured that as long as the bed was clean, I would be happy. The room was very clean and smelled great. We had reserved a non-smoking room and that is what we got. The sheets and towels smelled very clean which is important to me. I talked with several other guests who all agreed the rooms were very clean.

I highly recommend the Rodeway Inn and I will stay there next year. Do yourself a favor and disregard the negative posts below.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms offer more privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pastcha24
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My daughter and I went here. I had a business trip and we chose this hotel because of it being part of the Choice Chains.
Rooms were FILTHY. There were bugs in the room. We could smell smoke. The beds were OLD and FILTHY.
My daughter and I both felt bad after being in the room for a few hours. We left and went up the road to the Berry Pond Hotel. MUCH cleaner.

Room Tip: Go to the Berry Pond Motel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The worse hotel I have ever seen. Dirty and smelly. Stains on the walls and carpet. Cigarette burns in the one chair. Fridge dirty and stunk. We did not shower...just wanted to get out of there in the morning. The ads lie about the rooms. Absolutely horrible.

Room Tip: sleep in your car before you stay here
Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank steve s
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Went there because it is a chain of choice hotels. It should not be! It was old, small, dirty. Fridge had stuff left in it and stunk horribly. And top of fridge was not cleaned. The bed was advertised as a queen. It was a full, and very very old and squeaky!! Also had hair on pillow and blanket was dirty. Holes in door and walls. Remote was disgusting. Held onto it with a washcloth, I couldn't even touch it. Other guests were near our room the whole time. Did not feel safe. Especially for the fact where our room was, there was a door that lead into the house part of the hotel, with lock that did not attach to our side of the door!!! Shower was also gross and old. Needs renovations badly and some good housekeepers!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Eric M

Been to Matterhorn Inn? Share your experiences!