“Dirty and unkempt motel”
Review of Matterhorn Inn

Matterhorn Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Moultonborough
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I stayed there for one night for one night because it was a chearper option and did not require a two-night stay on the weekends. The room was small (barely fit two double beds) and was dirty. The coffee pots were dirty with grounds, the bathroom did not look clean, and the sink did not drain properly. The lime green walls and poor lighting were less than pleasant as well. Other people in our party had similarly poor experiences. Luckily, we only stayed one night because we were there for a wedding in town. However, I would hate to see a family use this hotel for a week long vacation. That would be a nightmare!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank oneputt46756

Reviewed 22 August 2010

We arrived for an evening wedding. After the wedding it was too late to back out and faced with a 3 hour ride home at midnight we decided to stay. Should have slept in the car. The room was tiny, dirty, antiquated. the sheets appeared clean but I refused to use the blankets or bedspread. The coffee pot, microwave, refridgerator, tv and clock were all plugged in the same outlet. The coffee pot was FILTHY. Between the late night partiers & the motorcycles- there was not much sleeping. We were out at sunrise. We at least didn't come home with flea bites as some of our family did. Did I mention the bathroom? It was so bad we didn't even shower. Do yourself a favor- dont go

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank lbatten
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Booked room 4 months in advance for a wedding. Got to hotel at midnight only to learn that our room was given to someone else. Forced to drive 3 hours home with my elderly mother.....and had to explain why we deserved a refund. Save yourself a headache and go elsewhere!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cramer1
Reviewed 22 March 2009

The carpet was dirty, the water pressure was low, the heat was off when we got there and it was 25 degrees out. The water in the shower and sink would only get warm. I could deal with how small the room was but the other things need to be corrected.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank kerrysirish
Reviewed 25 January 2009

I had some business that kept me in the area for two days, and wanted a place to spend the night. The Rodeway was about the only place opened, as it was the dead of winter.

I called the location directly to see if I could check in early (around 9am), as I wouldn't be able to check in after 6 PM otherwise. The gentleman that answered was very polite and said it would be no problem to do that.

I arrived at 8:30am and he let me check in as promised. He even was kind enough to help me figure out how to get my electronic key to work (even though I could have sworn I did the exact same thing before I went to bug him).

I got the non-smoking king bed room, which came with a microwave and small fridge. The shower had one of those water saver heads, so it took a bit to get used to. Also, there was a Mr. Coffe coffemaker with a regular and decafe packages of coffee along with filters, various sweeteners and one creamer.

The room itself was very clean and had a good amount of towels and an extra pillow (the bed already had three on it). The only problem was the smell. It was very musty smelling, and there wasn't anything you could do about it. Since it's winter you can't just open a window.

The bed was comfortable, and there was an alarm clock as well as a timer on the TV that you could program to turn on at a certain time too. I used both to wake up the next morning, and both worked.

I filled the coffeemaker with water and used the one packet of regular coffee. However, with the one creamer the coffee still was a bit too strong and I didn't have all that much. Perhaps I should have bought a small container of cream from the Mobil on the Run next door.

Just know that when you stay there the it's not the Ritz, but it's not all that bad either. It's a half-way decent place to rest without a lot of worry.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Allan H
Reviewed 19 August 2008

We had a few unwelcomed vistors in our hotel room...FLEAS!.and other bugs. The bathroom floor, tub and some of the towels were infested with these creatures. The only thing the maid did when she "cleaned" the room was make the beds and throw out the garbage. Very quick. I guess she didn't want to be in there either. But on the bright side, the area is very beauiful and close to things we wanted to do. Too bad we had to cut it short by one day because of those fleas, but we just couldn't stand it. Disgusting....

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank bluedenise
Reviewed 2 January 2008

My husband booked this hotel for us for a quick getaway in NH. I was a bit scared after seeing what he booked. But I was pleasantly surprised. It was not that bad. It is no way a resort hotel but it is what it is. It is a 1 star motor inn. But our room was clean with fresh paint, the bathroom was clean with excellent water pressure and hot, hot water. For a stop overnight it is not bad if the rate is $55 or less. I would not pay a dime over $60. Meredith down the street is a nice quaint town along with Center Harbor and Wolfboro, I highly recommend going to the Canoe restaurant in Center Harbor and walking around the lake and the shops in Meredith Center. Also, skating at the lake in front of The Mills Falls Hotel. (They have skates available to use)

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Remay28

Been to Matterhorn Inn? Share your experiences!