“Great food, great staff, can accommodate large groups on short notice”
Review of Village Kitchen

Village Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dartmouth, MA
“Great food, great staff, can accommodate large groups on short notice”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were travelling with an antique car club, and 12 of us showed up for breakfast. The staff not only took it in stride and seated us quickly, but we realized there were other groups of similar size already seated including another antique car group. All the customers loved the impromptu car show! The breakfast menu has lots of variety, and everyone seemed happy with their food choices, from my excellent French toast to my husband's omelette, to the one person who ordered hot cereal. Food was delivered quickly and the coffee mugs were refilled often. It's down home cooking of good comfort food, and the real maple syrup is always appreciated.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 65Wagonaire

Madison, Connecticut
“Great food”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Everything is made on the premises and it tastes like real home cooking. Breakfasts are delicious and the fried clam strips can't be missed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pber50
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Where was the warm welcome?”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I am a frequent visitor to this area and know may people who have reported enjoying the "down home" food and atmosphere at this restaurant. However, I was rather disappointed. I ordered a caesar salad with grilled chicken (pretty standard fare at most restaurants) and it was, frankly, the worse caesar salad I had ever eaten. The chicken was extremely dry and the dressing was rather tasteless. I was also less than impressed with the service. Although I realize that it was not trying to be a particularly sophisticated establishment, I frankly felt as though the meals were almost thrown at us! Perhaps it was just a bad day for the chef and waitress, but as a result of this experience I have no interest in returning.

• Visited July 2013
Shoreham, New York
“Was if I was at HOME ! UPDATE !”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

UPDATE ! Village Kitchen is now known as Country Cookin" while driving along Rt25 noticed the sign "Special Today- Yankee Pot Roast" passed by and started thinking "That doesn't sound all that bad for dinner" and we were very glad we turned around.Excellent home cookin for sure ! A very rustic restaurant with nice mountain views,very friendly and helpful staff. They had a nice overall menu but we opted with the "SPECIAL", the wife had ham split pea soup which she raved about myself I shared tasty lightly battered onion rings with her. Pot roast was very tender and tasty with excellent gravy. We put an advanced order for dessert of strawberry pie which our waitress advised us was going fast so she arranged to reserve us the last two slices. What a choice, thick filling of strawberries and a light crust. It appeared to be a local favorite since mostly everybody knew each other by name as well as orders. It also appears that they have different nightly specials. We highly recommend this country spot that has no real big frills just good down home cookin.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Vacalot
Moultonborough
“Good solid food at great prices”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

nothing fancy about this place, but the food is good. You will have to wait in line to get in during tourist season. Cash only. Most people think the place is called "Country Cookin", because that is what their sign says. The owner's politics leave something to be desired, but you are not there to eat words and ideas.

Visited April 2013