“Artistry In The Making”
Review of Olde Orchard Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moultonborough
Olde Orchard Farm
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Nestled among the hills of the NH Lakes Region, down a picturesque treelined country lane, you happen upon the stone wall outline of the Olde Orchard Inn, and you are immediately filled with the sense that you have discovered a special place. The innkeepers, Shannon and Tom, are gifted artists, and this inn is their canvas on which they demonstrate their craft. And once you have experienced the artistry they have put into creating this captivating home away from home, you are certain to thank your lucky stars for leading you to their door.
As artists in their own right, Shannon and Tom understand the needs of the creative spirit, which is why they have created an Artist-In-Residence program that allows visiting artists to spend a week at the inn working on their latest project, and giving them an opportunity to share their work with the guests and community. I recently spent a week as the resident artist; stowed away in Plum Cottage working on my latest play. I was also able to share my work with the community at a gathering in their barn, which has been transformed into a beautiful space to enjoy music and dancing, and, in my case, an intimate play reading. Their spirit of generosity gave me the space I needed, and it is a gift I will always treasure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Donald T

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great place to unwind and enjoy the beautiful mountains and lakes. We stayed here first in 2002 under different management and again in May of 2013 and most recently May of 2014. The late 1700's/early 1800's farmhouse is set on a few acres of the original Apple Orchard and Shannon tries hard to keep the historical integrity of the buildings while being sure it is up to date for her clients. Some rooms have spa tubs, most have TV, and there is free wi-fi that works without a hitch. The rooms are well appointed with thick spa type towels and robes. The individual rooms are very comfortable and kept immaculate plus there are sitting rooms and porches to gather if you like. The breakfasts are incredible. They use eggs from their own chickens, homemade maple syrup and local berries when possible. You may get wonderful pancakes, waffles, eggs, or an egg casserole with fresh thick slabs of bread and bacon, sausage or lox! The orange juice is fresh squeezed and the coffee is perfect. A great place for couples of any age and families as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at Old Orchard Inn in January 2014. I found this to be one of the loveliest bed and breakfasts that I have stayed in. The Inn has had updates throughout so that you feel like you have the needed modern conveniences but the owners have left the charm and old country feel in tact. The rooms are very clean with the comfiest bed, linens and down comforter. The shower is hot and powerful and there is a tv and wifi for those that want to stay connected. For those that enjoy more downtime, many of the rooms also include a fireplace and lovely views of the property.

The Inn is located in Moultenborough, NH, a small town with a good selection of restaurants and shops nearby. The best part of the Inn is that you can relax in the rooms and on the property or explore the nearby areas. You can stay as busy as you want to because there are plenty of things to do in both the winter as well as all times of the year. The snow is plentiful so that you can snowshoe, ski, cross country ski or go sledding but the nearby lake can keep you just as busy in the warmer weather. I can only imagine what it looks like in the fall with the leaves changing colors. I plan to bring my family there in the future to enjoy it as well.

The owners, Shannon and Tom are gracious and make sure that all needs are met. The home cooked breakfasts were wonderful, down to the fresh eggs from the chickens kept on property. Shannon and Tom have mastered the perfect combination of being present when needed but "invisible" so you have your privacy and can enjoy a relaxing vacation. I would recommend Old Orchard Inn to everyone who visits this area and can't wait to visit it myself again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This charming Bed & Breakfast boasts delicious nutritious gluten-free breakfasts, including banana pancakes and homemade maple syrup during my visit! The Innkeepers, Shannon Fairchild & Tom Randall, are dual-citizens of Britain & the USA; they have decorated the Inn with Union Jacks and other British motifs.

The Olde Orchard Inn dates to 1792 and yet is an extremely comfortable (and incredibly clean) respite from the outside world. (Free wifi is easily accessible.)

I enjoyed sipping wine in the sitting rooms, visting the goats & hens in the barn, and touring the countryside, including an extensive Country Store in Moutonborough & a "honor system" Creamery in which you leave your cash payment in a box for your cup of ice cream or block of cheese!

The Inn is able to accomodate families and even some pets; though I enjoyed every minute of my relaxing vacation here, I look forward to the opportunity to bring my kids (14 & 10) on a future trip (one room sleeps four in three beds). I suspect renowned Lake Winnepausaukee would be a huge draw for the them & me, but we'd also enjoy visitng the farm animals and collecting the farm fresh eggs for breakfast! This would be a terrific learning experience for kids of the midwestern states!

The area offers unique independent restaurants and taverns to which I would happy return! The locals are so very friendly; it's a "small world" in Moultonborough! I can't say enough about the expansive accomodations of the Olde Orchard Inn & the hospitality of the Innkeepers. This property would be a wonderful family reunion/summer rental property, as well.

In the winter, options include: snow-shoeing; spectating ice hockey tournaments; downhill skiing.
Summer options are endless at the Lake.

Location is 1hr 15min north of Manchester, NH airport, and there is a liquor store on the way.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room, "Maiden's Blush" (rooms aptly named for varieties of apples), locat...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I stayed as guests if the inn through the B&B For Vets program. Everything was spotless and our room was great. Shannon was welcoming and friendly and served a terrific breakfast comprised of all local ingredients-right down to maple syrup made on site. Although located in a rural area, there were several restaurants nearby.

Steve & Pam

Room Tip: Fireside room has fireplace and jetted tub plus windows on three sides.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My family of four (2 adults, 2 young teens) very much enjoyed our recent October stay at Olde Orchard Inn. The other reviews pretty much say it all, but if you're looking for comfort, good food, clean rooms, interesting decor (a clever but harmonious mix of American and British elements), a beautiful setting and a gracious host, then Olde Orchard is what you seek. The website's pictures accurately convey what to expect, and if you have questions, Shannon responds quickly to emails. The four of us fit very comfortably in the Northern Spy room, which has a huge king bed and a single tucked away next to a dormer (plus, one of the pieces of furniture converts into a cot, although the cot is a little on the lumpy side and we ended up not using it). The Inn is within a short walk of a wonderful (if somewhat expensive) restaurant, which we found very convenient when celebrating my wife's birthday. One of the most memorable parts of our stay occurred when we first arrived. As we explored the grounds, one of the Inn's two black cats greeted us, then joined us and essentially led the way across the orchard. We ended up at an old graveyard that abuts the property -- while I suppose this may sound kind of spooky, it really was just delightful. During our fall foliage tour through New Hampshire, we were fortunate to stay at several great B&B's, but Olde Orchard was my favorite. If we're ever back that way, we will definitely return to Olde Orchard.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in the Lakes Region and the inn for a 4-night stay during the summer. The inn was the only one that we could find where kids were welcome. They could not be more accommodating--be it finding a way to provide us two rooms or making terrific suggestions. Shannon's recommendations as to hikes, local eateries, an "honor" ice cream store and watering hole were perfect. She really made for a great stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moultonborough
Mill Falls at the Lake
#1 of 3 in Center Harbor
The Tuckernuck Inn
The Tuckernuck Inn
#3 of 6 in Meredith

Been to Olde Orchard Farm? Share your experiences!