“Wonderful place!!!”

Sunapee Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Sunapee
“Wonderful place!!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were having my son's birthday in Claremont, NH. Normally we stay at a place in Claremont, but they were all booked up. It was meant to happen. This place was awesome. The rooms are big, there was a fridge and microwave in the rooms. New got 2 rooms next to each other so it was great that the kids could just go to the next door to see their grandparents. We got to bring our dogs with us, they are a par tof the family too. We got to take the kids swimming and you would never know there were a bunch of other people staying there because it was just so quiet. We went to grab coffee in the morning. They say there is a continental breakfast. Well, there were like 5 different cereals, Danishes, egg sandwiches made up, pancakes, fresh fruit, orange and apple juice, milk and coffee. We will definitely be staying there from now on. Not only that, but their prices are very affordable and if you don't have children, you can go to the restaurant next door. They had a band playing and have good food. When we went to get the breakfast, we got to meet the general manager and the hotel manager. They were very friendly. Love this place!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristen B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed here to catch some great midweek spring skiing. Price was right, snow was great! Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfy. Went for full breakfast at the restaurant next door, fast service and delicious, we were stoked! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank 2dude
Newbury, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to come here for a night for a Valentines escape. With it being so close it was a great choice! We had geat dinner and drinks that night and then went over to the Spa in the morning. We received awesome massages. Neeeless to say we went home very happy and would not hesitate to send anyone here!

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My family & I have stayed here a number of times over the years, everything from check in to the shuttle ride to Mt. Sunapee was great yet again during our most recent trip. We met new faces this year which is always fun & look forward to our next stay hopefully soon for some great spring skiing! Thank you to all the friendly helpful staff!

• Stayed March 2012
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I was running late and needed a place to stay and stopped in to the Best Western in Sunapee, NH. The lady at the front desk was welcoming and very helpful. I was directed to my room and informed about all the ammenities. My room was clean and fresh and I was able to relax a bit before I used the indoor pool. Later I walked to the restaurant for a quick bite and wandered across the street to the general store; snacks for later. Breakfast the next morning was simple and quick and just right.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Susan S
Halifax, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Hair in the shower drain upon checkin, the room key "sleeve" had someone elses name written on it, scribbled out...cheap? or the person who was supposed to get that room thought was dirty and they moved them? well, either way it wasnt cleaned before they gave it to me. The bed had a huge worn out low spot in it.....The free "continental" breakfast DOESNT EXSIST AND IS A LIE ON THERE WEBSITE! They give you a token to take the resteraunt next door where you get $4 off any menu item! Umm, I just wanted the usual free muffin for the road..... went to the resteraunt next door where there were 3 other customer there, yet took 10 min just to be seated....and then 55min for the pancakes to arrive!!! So much for being on the first chair at the Mt. that morning :( After eater we went back next door to get out stuff from the room and grab our lift tickets (ski and stay pacakge) and check ou, at 9am. Well....we COULDNT GET BACK INO THE ROOM BECAUSE THE LADY AT THE FRONT DESK TOOK IT UPON HERSELF TO CHECK UP OUT WHILE WE WERE AT BREAKFAST!.... so....another 10min wait at the front desk for the woman to turn my key back on so I could get in the room and get my belongings and then checkout....grrrr

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mount Sunapee hotels

Boston, MA
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed here last weekend with my son (12 yo) for skiing at Mt. Sunapee. It's super convenient, practically at the entrance to the access road. It's safe and clean. Newer beds + comforters, quite comfy. Definitely no frills; it's not romantic or cozy, just a room to crash in. But for the price we paid ($99) it is totally adequate and just what we were looking for. Free wifi (fast too), TV, fine bathroom, good shower. Could it have been nicer? Sure. If you could find a more homey place in the same area for the same price, I'd say take it. The included breakfast is poor (cereal, coffee, juice, very limited hot options); I suggest walking over to Digby's (across the parking lot) for a big breakfast if that's what you want.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Sutton
Rosewood Country Inn
Rosewood Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Bradford

Been to Sunapee Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!