“Good in some ways, bad in others”
Review of Sunapee Lake Lodge

Sunapee Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Sunapee
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Can't beat the proximity to the ski area, the heated indoor pool that is great for kids, and the fact that this lodge welcomes dogs (in a subset of rooms with tile floors).
The staff member who was in charge of the breakfast was very friendly and seemed to care about doing her job well.
Now for the bad: a lot of little things that make a big difference aren't maintained. For example: coffee at the morning breakfast ran out, no clean towels in the exercise room OR in the pool area, dirty bathrooms by the pool. Also, no spare rolls of toilet paper or boxes of tissues in the room despite both being very low at check in.
There is a sledding hill at the back of the lodge, which was nice until a group of snowmobiles came tearing through. Another problem back there was the aggressive, off leash dog that seemed to belong to the irresponsible people who live in the house just above the lodge. The snowmobilers and the dog both put a damper on trying to enjoy the sledding hill with young kids.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank HadleySJ
There are newer reviews for Sunapee Lake Lodge

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I spent three nights for a ski holiday in late December 2013. The lodge was just what we wanted - clean, comfortable and great access to Mt. Sunapee via reliable shuttle service. What most impressed me was the friendly, helpful, courteous staff. They were so accommodating, we felt we were being treated like friends or family.

That's what resonated with me the most about the places we visited at & around Mt. Sunapee, including the ski area - everybody is so friendly. We love it there, and will be coming back many more times.

Jim H.
Westchester Cty., NY

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed @ Sunapee Lake Lodge in July of 2012 & 2013! The accommodations were wonderful, the service very friendly & comfortable! I was in a bind stemming from another local lodge in which I was to stay!! This lodge turned out to be a NIGHTMARE & I couldn't be accommodated there & had to leave! I immediately contacted Sunapee Lake Lodge and they totally sympathsized with me & the situation! They had a room ready for me within a half an hour's notice & even remembered me from my previous stay!! During my 2013 stay they helped me out tremendously!! They bent over backwards & catered to all of my needs! I felt very safe there, since I was traveling solo!! I thank all the staff & management on an exempl
ary job & would only reccommend this hotel for anyone's future lodging needs!! You won't be disappointed!! Sincerely, Renee Ondrasek,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank inky2001
Justin B, General Manager at Sunapee Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

I am very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't what you expected. We try to satisfy every guest that stays with us. The room type that you were in, a room with two king beds, are all located on the pool level. These rooms are pet friendly and have tile floors to allow for complete cleaning. We don't provide sheets with our cribs to ensure they are cleaned and disinfected between each guest. We have been a 100% smoke free property for ten plus years and apologize if a guest before you violated that policy. When a room is smoked in we do our best to completely get the smell out, this includes using what we call an o-zonater. If you can contact us we would like you to visit us again and show the quality service that we provide.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We traveled to this hotel on Thanksgiving Day, to spend the holiday with my family. #1. We drove by the 3 times, even though the GPS said you have arrived. Finally I looked at the paper I had with me & saw the Loge information. This hotel had taken down their Best Western sign, cause as of Dec. 1 2013 they will no longer be affilated with Best Western. It had snowed slightly & the parking lot was icy. The staff was nice, I asked about breakfast, continental style only. The clerk said they had Jimmy Deans--none to be found. The room was nice though small, the queen beds are very small. The top of the lamps had dust about a 1/4 inch thick. I would recommend for one night only, no more than that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ginger S
Reviewed 13 October 2013

a great location just a short walk to lake sunapee near a ski area and a short drive to good restaurants and scenic drives the rooms are clean and they have a good breakfast plus they are pet friendly....would recommend

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Comfortable and clean place to stay with our basset hound. The only issue is that the climate system would wake us up during the night. Otherwise the hotel was very quite . Rooms are large and easy to navigate , nice pool and exercise room. Pillows were the standard foam . The location is good but be aware that speed traps are all over the place in NH.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank YogiBasset
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, very comfortable mattress with upscale bedding, immaculately clean, nice indoor pool kept at just the right temperature, completely smoke free (what a relief!) and the windows open to let in fresh air; seasonal sledding and tubing hill and skating rink. Now for the problems: noisy AC/heating unit (the motel is 20 years old and I think that the unit is the original), very limited cell phone reception (the motel offers free local and long distance calls to compensate), breakfast selections are limited (only two small pieces of fruit on the counter and I got there at 6:00 AM, see photo), no family type restaurant/diner close by (the restaurant that was on the property closed and a sign says that a new restaurant called "Nonnies" will open soon), exercise equiment was in poor repair (the tread mill didn't work at all).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 3 in Sutton
Rosewood Country Inn
Rosewood Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Bradford

Been to Sunapee Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!