“Not for Adults.”
Review of Six Gun City

More attraction details
Owner description: Park for children, offering a waterslide, petting zoo, trails in the woods and other outdoor activities.
Reviewed 16 March 2014

As a child, I was there when I was 6 years old, (1976), we rode the stage coach (which was pulled by horse at time), then all the sudden we were pulled over by a robber. He took all of the people on the coach and the general store as his prisioners and threw us in the old jail. I remember this as a kid as the robber asked me if I wanted to get shot, I was trembling and said no, then he said get in jail. He and the Sheriff had a show down and the Sherrif won the duel and let us out of jail. That was back then.... now it is toned down due to the fact the location doesnt want to frighten children. The action has been toned down and made more child friendly... so don't go there now expecting what was there in 76. It is what it is, for children... as it gets them directly involded in catching a robber now instead of the Sheriff hunting him down. I did buy a rather nice cowboy hat at the gift store for myself and a couple of nice cap guns for my nephew.

6  Thank RobertGaudet
There are newer reviews for Six Gun City

Reviewed 24 February 2014

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! It's a wonderful place if you could time travel back to the 60's! they should call it dust bowl city .Overpriced! bathrooms are filthy the last time they cleaned the sinks and toilets are when the place opened. The food place they can only make an order at a time. Service was horrible they asked you what you wanted then screamed it back to the people cooking. They kept screaming "one fry one hamburger" I mean seriously put 6 hamburgers on the grill! there was a whole line of people in the place! The water slide is a joke and there are no real rides. WOULD NEVER GO BACK!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Samantha J
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went in the summer and came back for the Halloween event this past Saturday. We were there during the day because I have a 7 year old. No one really told us what was open, if there was trick or treating or what was going on. A schedule of events, such as they were would have been helpful. We basically did a few of the rides and carved a pumpkin and even that we needed to ask about when we saw others doing it. Yes, I get that it is supposed to be an old Western town but some of the rides like the carousel can use some repair. The staff needs some training on how to be friendly and helpful. If i had to pay the $20.00 they were charging I would have been disappointed.

1  Thank moxie028
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This season Six Gun city opened late. It's a great place for twelve and under. There are several rides, live shows and water slides. Lots of inter action between the kids and the cowboys. We enjoy it every time we go.

4  Thank Carolyn T
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After reading several poor reviews, I was very hesitent to bring my 7 year old to Six Gun City on our father - son weekend. To give you a hint on how our day went, my son asked me if we could come back next year after 7 hours of fun. I expected a quick 3-4 hour day. We vacation in the White Mountains frequently and Six Gun City is not better than Story Land or Santa Village, but it turned out to be a great alternative.

When you read the poor reviews,keep in mind your kids. They will love it. Yes, it is a little run down. Yes, the high school staff doesn't understand customer service and does not have a cheerful approach. And No, it is not SIx Flags or Disney.

But after, unlimited laser tag games, dozens of trips down the large waterslide, 2 rounds of mini gold on a dreadful course, 2 rides on a bumpy and quick "rollar coaster", paddle boats and bumper boats, a raft ride down a waterslide shoot,, an awefully reenacted bank robber chase skit, and several go cart rides, we got our monies worth.

My only regret was that my 4 year old daughter was not with us because she was eligible for most rides and fun at her age.

However, based on my experience, here is some tips: (1) Bring your own food!! The food there was aweful and service was slow. You can bring whatever you want and go back and forth to your car real easy. (2) If your child is a beginer swimmer, keep and eye on the end of the shoot for the waterslide. Do not count on the lifeguards. They did not pay attention even after I witnessed an incident that a child did not properly put on her lifejacket. The ride monitor at the top did not catch it and the lifeguard did no assist after a parent went to help. I personally caught her brother and suggested he strap the jack on correctly. I blame the parents as well as the lifeguard for the childs danger. (3) Keep you expectations at the 4-8 year old level. For anyone older than 8 or nine, they will be bored........

Furthermore, we had the luxury of good weather and no crowds. Bad weather and long waits may have changed my view and experience.

Lastly, I hope Six Gun City remains open as there are rumors of its closing. If you frequent the area and you have chldren from 4-8 years old, this park is a great alternative to others..........

5  Thank JROBBY0206