“Great!”

El Colima
Ranked #16 of 265 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Fresh, authentic and delicious! Always have to get and order of Guacamole!!! Located right off Main St., Nashua.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This is the real deal. 200% authentic freshly made Mexican food. The reason I am giving it 4/5 stars is that I have eaten there both eat in and take out and when you eat in, you get 1 round of chips and salsa on the house. If you ask for more, there is an extra charge which, I guess is understandable to a point. Here's the kicker though, when I ordered take out at a later date, the chips and salsa didn't come complimentary. If I wanted them they would cost me extra and the reason for that according to the person who helped me is because they are free for eat in customers only which didn't really make much sense to me. I'm buying food from them (which isn't the cheapest) while allowing other patrons to come dine in. In other words, I'm not taking up space, which they don't have a lot of. At another very popular Mexican restaurant in Nashua, they give you all the chips and salsa you want for free; eat in or take out. That would be my only complaint. But they have easily the best food around. Guacamole is amazing. Definitely recommend. First place Id go to if I want Mexican. Second place would be La Carreta.

1  Thank Wilmer I
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We decided to try El Colima based on the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. After our meal we were quite puzzled by the high ratings. The frozen Margaritas were pricey and lacking any taste of tequila. The flavor of cilantro in the guacamole was non-existent and the complimentary salsa was too bland for our taste. My husband's Pollo Ranchero was just okay and he missed the onions and mushrooms that are served with the chicken at our favorite Mexican restaurant. My choice of the El Burrito was a poor one. The flour tortilla contained a small serving of flavorful steak and was mostly filled with rice and beans. The order came with a side of rice and beans which was made the meal mostly rice and beans! For the same amount of money I should have ordered the Chipotle Burrito which contains just beef. The restaurant is very cute inside although one of the booths in the area where we sat was badly cracked and in desperate need of replacement. The service was unbelievably slow and was not overly friendly either. We love Mexican food and have eaten our share while traveling through Mexico and the American West and Southwest. Our all time favorite Mexican restaurant is located in Nashua. We will be returning to La Carreta very soon for the fantastic food and wonderful frozen Margaritas.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Worked in Nashua and drove by the place daily and thought it was a convinence store. Glad the sister in law recomended going there. Service was great and very friendly. Drinks were good. Food was great. I got the Tacos but the brother in law got the "El Molcajete" the pricier of the items but amazing would go back just to get this, you could definitely split this and be full. Be sure to stick around for desert and get the "los Monkeys" one of the best desserts I have had in a while. Between 4 adults we had a couple of cocktails meals and split dessert and shelled out $110 before tip. Money well spent and look forward to returning.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I read about El Colima in the Boston Globe a few years back and saved the clipping. Boy am I glad that I did!! We were warmly greeted at the door and seated promptly for lunch. Our waitress, Ely, was professional and personable--the Real Deal!!! What followed was beyond our expectations. Favorite Dinning Companion ordered Letter G: 1 chicken burrito, 1 chicken enchilada, rice, and sour cream – $8.50. I ordered Letter M: ½ Order Carnitas – delicious fried pork served with rice, beans, pico de gallo, and tortillas. - $8.50. We were a little skeptical ordering by letter but should not have been. Simply stated: the chicken in Companion's order and my carnitas were melt in your mouth tender and delicious. The pico de gallo was the BEST that I have ever been served!!! The wine list is very respectable--superior to many area restaurants. The only suggestion I would make would be to add a few craft beers..

Been to El Colima? Share your experiences!