“Perfect Location and Nice Evening”

Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I went out on a limb and bidded on a property on Hotwire and ended up at this location. This was perfect – it was right down the street from where I needed to be. This Extended Stay America location was real nice. These properties put a small kitchenette in a somewhat larger room. The kitchen part was very useful as I decided to dine in. Having a microwave to warm the food, a fridge to store food and kitchen utensils was all very handy. As previously reported, the refrigerator is kind of loud and it might be disturbing to you.

The room facilities, heat/AC, WiFi, TV, bath and kitchen all worked well. The Wifi was flawless – I was able to even stay connected to a distant meeting using Skype. There was both a small kitchen table and work desk area, allowing plenty of room. I was a bit concerned about previous reports of poor cleaning. I can happily report that the room and bath and kitchen areas were all spotless.

The amenities are typical of a 2 star property, although I was offered various bath supplies by the front desk, if needed. The “breakfast” is advertised as “grab & go”, consisting of coffee and muffins. I prefer bagels, but the muffins were excellent!

Check in was quick and the staff was very friendly. The property did not appear super busy this evening, which allowed me to get my preference of a first floor room right near the door, allowing for a quick morning get away. I was also happy that I heard no other guests making noise in the night, which sadly has become a problem everywhere. For a single night, this property ended up being such that I cannot find fault with any aspect of the stay. Well done!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank w1sj
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for the fantastic review you have given Extended Stay America Nashua-Manchester. It brings a giant smile to my face hearing that my staff ensured your 100% satisfaction while with us. I do apologize the refrigerator was loud in your room and I will look into a resolution for this for the future. Still, I am glad your stay was clean, quiet and more than you expected when you booked the room.

We would be delighted to have you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay in Nashua, NH and was overly impressed by one of the receptionists there (Corina). She was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions relating to what the hotel does and doesn't offer and was even able to tell me about all the local eateries in the area. Every evening when i would come back from a hard days of work she would say hello to me by name which made my day a little brighter.

Room Tip: sides of the hotel are the best for noise. Pick the top floor if you can to avoid noise from people...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! It is always a pleasure to hear when my staff gets recognized, in this case Corina. I am glad she went above and beyond and made your stay more than you expected.

Again, thank you and we are looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Pier at the front desk recommended great local restaurants, the rest of the staff were very polite and helpful. The rooms were very clean and the rate was exceptionally reasonable. We would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AmeyG1977
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Amey - Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your stay. I am delighted to hear that the staff was polite and very helpful with your needs and suggesting local restaurants. It always puts a smile on my face to hear a guest was pleased with their stay. We all work very hard to ensure each guest receives a "home away from home" experience.

Thank you again for your feedback about our hotel. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Well located close to the highway at 45 minute of Boston it is a good place to stay if you go to a Bruins or Red Sox game and you want a really nice room but put your money on the best ticket and not on the hotel. Merrimack Outlet is also close if you like shopping without tax! The hotel is recently renewed, my room was brand new, very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff is friendly and efficient. Take notes that it not have every day room service and they supply soap but no shampoo. I thing it should supply shampoo!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank YVezina

Thank you for taking the time to publish a review of your stay. I am very pleased to hear the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff really impressed you. I apologize that we do not offer daily cleaning services as a regular thing. We do however offer a refresh of the room if requested daily for a minimal fee.

We are looking forward to your next visit with us! Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

While seraching for a hotel for a two week stay, I found Extended Stay had very affordable rates. I've stayed at a lot of the major chains and as far as proffessional staff and mangement, they were equal or better. the newly renovated rooms were clean and comfortable. Access to the highway, stores and attractions was really easy. The staff and management were very helpful with where to find the best restaraunts and shopping. I will recommend Extended Stay to my friends and anyone else that is traveling.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank M G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank your for taking the time to write review about our hotel in Nashua NH. It always puts a big smile on my face when I hear such kind words about the staff. Together, we strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our guests to enjoy; it is extremely rewarding to know we were able to do this for you!

Thank you for the recommendation and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I found this to be a disgusting place to stay. The grounds are filthy ([pet doo-doo all over), the elevators past their inspection dates w/pet hair & other debris in the corners of the units, hallways lined w/trash &/or other litter, soiled linens (not during housekeeping hours either), etc...the only redeeming quality is that the lobby is fairly decent & clean.

My room, I'll start w/the kitchen - a coffee maker w/a pot so dirty, I wouldn't even use it to water plants. Hair in the drawer w/the flatware, let me clarify, ON the flatware, dangling long hair - Oh, and if you're the only person in the room, you get 2 pieces of each flatware (i.e. 2 forks, 2 spoons, 2 knives), so plan on doing a lot of dishes if you eat more than one meal a day - they default to 4 of each until they determine you are alone & then they actually go into the room & REMOVE pieces so that you only have 2 of each - totally ridiculous!!! The utensils were so burnt & worn on the end(s), like the spatula, pieces were peeling off & I had to ask for new utensils. There was food splashed up on the cabinet doors from previous guests. I will say the refrigerator was immaculate though! Floor felt tacky as if not mopped in a while.

Bathroom - urine around the backside of toilet seat w/hair as well - VERY GROSS & not sure how a decent housekeeper would have missed that. Floor felt tacky as if not mopped in a while.

Dining area going into bedroom area - carpet had clean areas & then "crusty" areas from who-knows-what being spilled on it from a previous guests. Too gross to walk around barefoot in your own room. Rickety table & chairs that needed some TLC from maintenance at the very least if not needing a replacement - edges so word, pieces of particle board flaking off. Who on staff is responsible for checking these items?? I can tell ya - NO ONE!

Bedroom area - pulled back the bedspread & the sheets were SO OLD, they were full of "pills" that form on fabric from usage, THOUSANDS visible (sheets had been soooo over-used) & it truly made me wretch. Most uncomfortable bed EVER - felt like a rock, absolutely miserable night's sleep!!

Windows in bedroom area were dirty, not sure when wiped down last. Moved the side chair that sits near the window a little closer to the window & when I did, found dead bugs behind the chair. Seriously???

Wifi SUCKED & this is the ONLY PLACE IN THE COUNTRY I have visited where my AT&T cell service was not viable.

Front desk staff didn't seem to care that I was running for my life when I checked out 13 days early, BUT I would like to say that when I called for housekeeping or maintenance assistance, they were VERY responsive & helpful. I feel awful giving this place such a bad rating, I like to find the good in things when I can, but I left in tears w/my friends shaking their head b/c they couldn't believed I even stayed there 4 days before I finally broke down & could take no more. I wasn't expecting anything like the Crowne Plaza nearby, but I was expecting a clean & comfy room, which was NOT what I rec'd. I didn't even feel safe staying there either. :(

Do yourself a favor & stay at the Residence Inn in Merrimack just a few mins up the road! Fabulous facilities & staff there! Great rates...just call & see what they can offer, don't just go by website/rack rates. I felt like I was at the Taj Mahal when I moved there after staying here! There was a whopping $30 difference in the rate from here to there. Just mind-blowing!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank C C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

I am incredibly sorry for the stay you had with us. The problems you mention in each one of the areas of your guest room is absolutely unacceptable. Our goal is to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests to enjoy, so I am extremely disappointed that we were unable to do this for you. We also just refreshed the property in October and November of last year, which included brand new mattresses in all of our guest rooms. I apologize you didn't find them to be comfortable. In response, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve our entire property's overall cleanliness. As well, we will be sure to keep your remarks in mind as we continue to update our offerings in the future.

Thank you again for your review. We are sincerely sorry for all of the issues you experienced while staying with us. Still, we hope you will give us another chance to show you our redoubled efforts in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and have also stayed at other locations and by far this location found a superstar in Mike. He fixed my reservation which originally was set for a smoking room and I don't smoke. Other places would not accomodate this request but Mike did. After I made ut to my room I noticed an odor so I went and talked to Mike and he moved me without a second thought. He made sure my stay was outstanding and it was and I wanted to recognize his efforts because as long as he is there I will be coming back....

1  Thank jbarg33

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The staff and I strive to ensure all of our guests are 100% satisfied when staying at our hotel, so I am thrilled Mike made sure that happened for you. Mike is a great member of our team, thank you for recognizing him.

The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashua
Hampton Inn Nashua
Radisson Nashua Hotel
Radisson Nashua Hotel
#6 of 13 in Nashua
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merrimack

Been to Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester? Share your experiences!