“Great”
Review of Stella Blu

Stella Blu
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella Blu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 257 Restaurants in Nashua
Cross street: Main St.
Mont Vernon, New Hampshire
“Great”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great food, great drinks, great service. Only notable Tapas restaurant around with a wide variety of different foods.

Visited December 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“Could be great, but......”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

There is a lot of potential for Stella Blu to be fantastic, sadly little of the potential is realized. The bar is fantastic and the atmosphere if very nice. Those are the good points.
Now for the food. This is a tapas style restaurant and the selection is fairly large and varied. The food itself is hit and miss. The seared scallops were cooked perfectly, however, the rice and sauce they were served on were bland and took what could have been a great dish back down to average at best. The steak was recommended by our server and was probably the best of the tapas we sampled. That said the steak was just well cooked steak and the real feature of the dish was the noodles and broth served with the steak. The lobster Mac and cheese was far from the best and just not something I would be proud to serve. The Mac and cheese was not well seasoned and greasy. It came with two claws on top and both were cold on the inside. We finished with a cream brûlée that was good, but not great. It was obviously pre made and placed in the refrigerator which is fine, but it was very cold on the inside. The top had been nicely caramelized and over all it was good.
While the food was overall good, when you business is serving small portions at high prices your food should be outstanding. It should leave people wanting to come back and feeling like they got something special for the money spent. This is one point that needs to be corrected to make this a really good restaurant.
The biggest obstacle standing between fair and great is the service. Hands down bad! We arrived at 5:45 on a Saturday evening to find about 1/3 of the tables filled. We told the hostess that we were a party of two and she told is she could find us a table, BUT it was booked at 7:30. Really, we are just having dinner how in the world could we be there for an hour and forty-five minutes? I have never had a restaurant say that to me in my 48 years. If you don't have a table you don't have a table. Anyway, we were seated and we soon realized why time was an issue. It took a fair amount of time for our server to finally arrive and ask for our drink order. Being that it was early and we were traveling we were not really wanting a cocktail. The look on the servers face when we ordered two diet Cokes said she has displeased that we were not ordering from the bar. In fact it was so evident that this caused displeasure that we were guilted into ordering a drink (drinks were very good, no problem with the bar). The entire service was just snooty and pretentious. We did not feel welcome from the start. Make no mistake we were dressed appropriately, so it was not an issue of we didn't fit the atmosphere. Service was SLOW and a food runner was used to actually bring the food to the table. There was no communication between the runner and the server who attempted to clear our dishes before our last serving had arrived. When we did receive our last course our check was deposited on the table without any comment. No I will take that who you are ready or is there anything else I can get you? No thank you for coming or any good bye. Overall just very unwelcoming.
There is great potential here with a beautiful setting, great location, and potentially great food, but changes need to be made.
We are moving to the area and were checking out places. Our first experience will probably be our last.

Plaistow, New Hampshire
“My favorite menu”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I love this menu. Fortunately my girl and I like most of the same foods, and these are the perfect dishes for anyone who likes a wide variety. beef, pork, chicken, fish, vegetarian. They have it. We shared the arancini, brussles sprouts, garlic fries, and the sliders.. we loved the food.

The waiter was great, one small dish after another, I am not going to mention him forgetting the last dish we ordered- because we were stuffed! - He was very attentive without annoying us..we ordered everything from the start, not realizing how fast it would come out..I think next time we will order 1 or two things, and then wait, because after ordering it came out within 8-10 mins.

We will be going back to try more things from this menu!!

Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“Cozy place, good food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After hearing good reviews of Stella Blu, a group of 8 of us decided to go here for a night out. The atmosphere was great for our group, comfortable enough for us to chat and catch up. We placed a reservation online and had a table reserved for us in the back corner. We all enjoyed different tapas including arancini, Mediterranean plates, Kobe beef sliders, Stella fries, BLT pizza, and a couple chocolate cakes for dessert. The service, food, drinks, prices, and atmosphere were overall very good; I would go back.

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Knowingly Over Charged”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Below is an email I sent directly to Stella Blu's owner. After a week and a half of no response I sent it again.
Still no response.
My husband and I live in downtown Nashua and patronize Main St restaurants 3-5 nights a week. A few years ago we use to go to Stella Blu at least once a week and I don't remember why we stopped going but as of last month we have started going there often.
Last Friday we had some delicious food and a couple of drinks each. When the bill came my husband noticed that our Stoli gimlets (vodka over ice with fresh lime) where $11.00 each. He asked the bartender how much Belveder or Grey Goose was. She looked it up and one was $9.00 and the other was $10.00. He then questioned why Stoli was $11.00, she respond with "thats how it rings up". She apologized and moved on to her other customers.
You have a great restaurant and some of the best staff we have seen but I don't feel like this was handled correctly. The cost difference between the 3 vodkas is quit substantial and stoli is the least expensive. The bill should have been adjusted.
Regards,
Melanie

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Melanie T

Been to Stella Blu? Share your experiences!