“Many great returns”
Review of Unums - CLOSED

Unums
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Many great returns”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Almost a year after knocking on the door to be let in early to watch the Kentucky Derby, my friends and I returned. Not only was the same great bartender working he actually remembered we were from Rhode Island.
Though the place was buzzing with Valentine's diners, he casually and gracefully kept us well fed and watered. The food was as good as I had been reading, the service was exceptional and not once did we feel lost in the chaos a holiday brings.

• Visited February 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Tastebud Journey in NH”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Unique variety of food offerings reminiscent of CA wine country cuisine. A quaint restaurant far from the chains. Fantastic experience. Although at about 8:30 they might have started cleaning the open kitchen because it got super smokey, but that is the only negative. I had the pear salad which I found tasty, although I could have done without the sausage pairing. For my entree I had the duck. Absolutely fabulous! It was served with bacon and blue cheese mashed potatoes, bok choy, and a fantastic bing cherry wine sauce. I highly recommend this dish. Only issue was the duck was a little dry/tough on the one side, so even though it is served medium, you may want to ask for it medium rare to keep it tender. The desserts were nice but nothing special really. For NH, the prices were high, but for the selection and quality it was worth it. I would eat here on special occasions and more often if it was not as expensive. The other people I went with had the beer salad, bacon jam scallops, chicken sadler, and hanger steak. All were reported as tasty, but the hanger steak is served cut up which makes it tough/dry like steak tips often are served. Some local beers were on tap and in bottles and they had a vast wine selection and drink menu.

1 Thank JnDsTravelog
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Spot On”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

From the front of the house to presenting the check, this place didn’t miss a beat. Lisa the server was attentive, friendly and unpretentious. She was very helpful and confident making helpful suggestions and she is really a class act. The busser kept the water glass full at all times.
The food was very good. My wife enjoyed the pear salad and duck for the main course. I enjoyed the red chowder which was very flavorful and the veal chop. The veal chop was a bit pricey at $40. My daughter enjoyed the Statler chicken.
The owner of the place came to chat at the end of the meal. His personal interest is certainly a reason that this restaurant is number one in Nashua; which is not an easy task in a great restaurant town.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank BoilerDaveNH
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I love this place. Great food, great staff, fantastic atmosphere.

I have gone to Unums a few time. I had been hanging out at Stella Blu and Michael Timothy, but wanted a friendlier bar. This place is it! The setup is awesome for meeting people or having a conversation. The bartenders are fantastic. Great Martinis. And the food, WOW!

If you haven't tried Unums, try it today.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mike W
Chelmsford, MA
“Fantastic time at Mom's Birthday Party”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I hosted a private party for my mother’s 90th Birthday at Unums a few weeks ago with about 60 people. My mother was nervous about a public setting, so having the whole restaurant for our party was great. Atmosphere was inviting and comfortable as friends and family showed up. Chef Sergio prepared some wonderful food. Appetizers were served as everyone began to gather including shrimp cocktail (my mother’s favorite) and Bruschetta Crostini. The buffet included Roasted Pork Loin, Herbed Risotto, sautéed Green Beans with almonds; and roasted Brussels Sprouts to name a few. People couldn’t stop talking about the Chicken Carbannera and wonderful Antipasto Salad. Service was great and Walter at the bar kept everyone happy. Environment and room layout created a comfortable setting for guest of all ages from the newborn at 2 weeks old up to my Mom, the Matriarch of the family at age 90. Private parking was also a nice addition being in the downtown area. Price was extremely reasonable for such a large crowd. My mother had a fantastic time with great memories. Thanks to Steve, Karen, Sergio and the exceptional staff at Unum’s Restaurant for a perfect event. We and many of the party will be back again.

• Visited November 2012