“One of the worst dining experiences in a long time”
Review of Unums - CLOSED

Unums
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I took my brother and his girlfriend out the a nice meal. We had tried unums once, hadn't been impressed but we're willing to give it a second chance based on other friends ' suggestions and experiences.We had a 8:45 reservation. Immediately upon walking in we were informed by the hostess that is was very busy and it was be awhile before we received any food. Then we were promptly seated in a corner and forgotten about for 20 minutes. (I watched the clock, as I was ready to walk at 20 on the dot). At 19.5 minutes with nothing but water our waitress finally came over and asked for drinks. Drinks took another 20 mins. However, the biggest problem for me was when I ordered my appetizer, even though I explained I had a soy allergy, it came to the table with soy sauce all over it. After waiting for her to return (another 15 minutes), instead of apologizing profusely and sending over a manager, she just said "oh". My next round of the appetizer didn't come out until almost meals came out. All told it was over two hours for food. We were literally the last table in the restaurant and had to flag someone down to get our bill. After speaking to a manager, the bar gentlemen who did try to smooth things out and ask us to come back, but then no one ever came back to get our credit cards for another 20 minutes. I ended up getting up and having to bring it to the bar myself. Bottom line. Everyone has bad night's but with the allergy miss, the food was mediocre, the service was abysmal and then not to come back after all that. I brought my brother and his girlfriend and was completely embarrassed. Again, I understand everyone has bad nights but even after trying to fix it, the staff still completely ignored us. You would definitely do well to examine how you treat patrons with allergies. Other restaurants are awesome. A manager always comes to the table, introduces themselves and then personally delivers my plate every time.

1  Thank FoodieGirlNH
There are newer reviews for Unums

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We eat in Unum's often, either sitting at the bar or at a table. They have excellent wait staff who are very friendly and really know the menu. The food is excellent! Love the grilled romaine salad and the scallops. If you want to see your food being cooked you can ask to sit with a view of the kitchen. It is interesting to watch the food being prepared. Go visit, you will love it.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have eaten at Unums several times and have never had a bad experience. I love Chilean sea bass but don't like one of the sides that comes with it, and they have always substituted something that I do like. I had the sea bass special last night with tempura vegetables and a basil crab topping. It was a perfect dinner. Everyone at our table was extremely pleased with the food and drinks. It can get noisy when they are busy but if you sit on the lower level it is quieter.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Had a date night with hubby and decided to try a new place. So glad we did. Its small but the atmosphere was great from the minute we walked in. We were immediately greeted by a friendly hostess. We didn't make reservations so we decided to eat at the bar. Bartender was welcoming and talented. Hubby ordered a long island iced tea and was impressed that it was made correctly. The food was very tasty. Hubby had the scallop app and chicken entrée and ate every bite. I had the filet mignon and was grilled to perfection. It was a great night out and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We met a few family members for dinner. My husband and I arrived first, about ten minutes before the rest of our group. We were told that we could sit at the bar, but we didn't want to. We asked if we could sit at the table (the restaurant was not busy, there were plenty of tables). The hostess told us we couldn't sit at the table, so we waited in a small area that wasn't particularly comfortable. After a few minutes, I asked again, could we please sit at the table (there were lots of empty tables). The hostess then agreed and just pointed to the table, "it's there", she did not seat us. The evening didn't get a lot better after that. The waiter was pleasant, though the service was slow. Our salads were excellent, the main entrees were good but not outstanding, especially given the prices. Then we had problems with getting the bill paid correctly. Overall, not a satisfying experience for the price.

Unums, Owner at Unums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Good day,
I apologize for the response to your review. This is the owner of Unums, I have taken over responding to reviews. I would like to have you visit us again, if you would please allow me to make up for the experience you had. I unfortunately was not aware of some of the behaviors and events that were occurring at Unums during the time I had appointed someone to manage them.
I appreciate your feedback this will help in the training of how we work together as a team and individually. Please contact me directly at
unumsres@gmail.com or you can reach me at 603-821-6500
I look forward to hearing from you.

Sergio Metes