“Outdated and overpriced”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for a wedding in September. For $150 I was expecting more I guess... Rooms are outdated and need some redecorating. Green carpet, old furniture and bed and terribly outdated curtains Etc. just not pleasing to the eye for a young couple.
It was clean and quiet however. Brunch buffet was reasonable and convenient $13 I think.
I would not stay here again, my sister and her husband agreed as well. My husband said you know you're in an old hotel when the alarm clock doesn't have a place for your iPhone. It's 2012, 1985 called, they want their drapes back!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Samsonj14
hotelmanager539, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Samsonj 14,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Your comments, both positive and negative, help us to know the areas we are doing well in as well as the ones in need of improvement. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your guest room. We are in the process of updating our guest rooms but this of course takes time. We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you felt the hotel overall was clean and quiet. I realize that you stated in your review that you would not return to our hotel, but I hope you will reconsider and come back again once we have finished updating our guestrooms.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

So my husband and I stayed recently for a night away from the kiddo. When we arrived our room was not ready so the clerk says: I'm sorry that your room isn't ready, it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade you. Oh, too bad, I guess we will just have to suffer through that! Sweet!

We stayed in a king suite on the third floor in the "quiet zone" (see the picture). We were actually pretty excited about this since we were REALLY looking forward to sleeping in and not being woken up by our darling child at 6:00 am. Clearly a sign you are getting older when you are excited about being in the quiet zone of a hotel!

The room was nice, it was one of the "accessible" rooms so it had lots of extra space. We ended up getting a mini kitchen which were were not expecting so that was a major bonus.

The room was very clean and passed my OCD bed bug inspection. Yes, I'm that nutty lady that checks all the corners of the bed etc... Anyway - the room was huge and we were pleased. The bed was fairly comfortable - the pillows were not as soft as I like, but as you can probably tell from my reviews I can be a bit of a PIA.

Since we were sans kid and had several drinks we were tired and attempted to go to sleep around 10:30. From about 11:00 pm - 1:00 am the quiet floor was not so quiet. Doors slamming, people carrying on in the hallway etc.. I know it's a hotel and there were 2 weddings going on, but it was slightly annoying especially since were in the zone. Next time we will being earplugs :) The water pressure in the shower was weak, another pet peeve of mine. Overall we were fairly pleased and would stay again. The hotel itself is very well maintained and quite beautiful.

Room Tip: It's all about the quiet zone - when you neighbors are actually quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelmanager539, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear NHmama23,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness and spaciousness of your suite. I apologize for the noise you experienced while trying to sleep. I'm not sure which night of the week you spent with us but our Quiet Zone is only in effect Sunday - Thursday as stated in the lower left hand corner of the sign posted at the beginning of the hallway. Even if your stay was on a Friday or Saturday night there is still no excuse for the noise level being loud enough to keep you awake until 1:00am. Again, I am truly sorry. Should you choose to stay with us again (we hope you will!) please let our front desk staff know immediately if you experience any issues at all during your stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Often have dinner @ Speaker's Corner...they watch over me, particularly as I have some serious food allergies...they ask questions and ask the chefs...they double check again...cautious... from the great host Dave to the waitresses...Todd, the head chef, watchful ....makes our dining out healthy and very happy...many other places are not vigilant and so we very grateful to all the staff there. We bring friends who enjoy the presentations, especially of fish...always a good value on the buffet with lots of choices. Thanks all...this is our number one...we advise everyone to frequent Crowne Plaza, Nashua.
Esther & Joseph Ross
Nashua, NH

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelmanager539, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Esther R,

Many thanks for your lovely review of our Speaker's Corner Restaurant. We are thrilled to know that our staff took such good care of you while dining with us. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the very near future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed for a long weekend in August. We were there for the wedding of a family member. The check in process was smooth and problem free. In fact, the service we received was outstanding for the entire weekend. My family stayed on the executive floor in adjoining rooms. The beds were not world class, but certainly acceptable for a weekend. We had one function in the hotel (brunch) and that could not have been nicer. We also enjoyed an evening in the bar after the rehearsal dinner. Great service there as well. The gym is one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. It had every piece of equipment I use at my gym and more.

The one issue I did have related to the "roll-a-way" that I had ordered. It was not there when we arrived, which is understandable. I called and it arrived promptly. However, it was a really rickety, old fold-up cot with a terrible mattress on it. Instead of a rope or a strap to hold it together when it was in the up position, there was a pieced together bunch of string that was frayed. The sheets were barely acceptable, but the blanket was so rough, my daughter could not sleep with it. The staff offered to try to find another one that would be better. I declined when I was told that the cots were all of the same vintage. I ended up going to Target and purchasing a blow-up mattress and blanket. Certainly not what I would have expected from a Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Russell K,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience us. We are grateful for your kind words in regards to the service of our staff, our Speaker's Corner Pub and the Somerset Health Club. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the quality of our roll away beds. I understand your frustration and appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We will be replacing our roll away beds over the next few weeks. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel and surroundings were great. They went out of their way to assist with our needs. Restaurant within the hotel had a scrumptious breakfast buffet with made to order omelets and a large variety of other choices.

Parking is complimentary in the hotel's parking garage. Convenient.

Buses transport guests to the city of Nashua for shopping and night life. No need to drive, which was a definite plus. Restaurants downtown were wonderful.

The furniture and decor of our room was a pleasant surprise...very tasteful. The room was spacious and we never felt crowded...even when we had guests.

Room Tip: We had a queen room. Wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Julianna 1942,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with our breakfast buffet, staff and your guestroom. We hope that you will choose the Crowne Plaza Nashua for your next stay in the Nashua area.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've stayed here for our annual training event multiple times, and I'm always pleased with the front desk hospitality and service. I called down to the front desk to request something, and someone said they'd be back with me in 15 mins. When I was passing by a few minutes later, someone at the desk asked if everything was OK. I mentioned that I had called, and she told me that the woman who answered the phone was actually in the middle of her lunch break when I called... just then she came running out from the back, still during her lunch break, to take care of me! What service!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mary mcd,

It's wonderful to know that you have had such positive experiences during your multiple stays with us. Thank you for sharing your comments, we appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us with feedback. We look forward to having you back again next year for your annual conference!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

A beautiful weekend in New Hampshire, the weather was perfect for a wedding. As guests, we were given a good rate, and the room was large, comfortable with all the amenities. Our room was ready when we arrived early, and the Receptionist gave us a package from the bride and groom with all the details for the ceremony.

The location was lovely, surrounded by flowering gardens, right off the highway, and easily accessible. Large pool and full workout rooms.

The wedding was at 4 pm, and the busses were due to leave at 3, so we had little time for lunch. We discovered the time when we had an opportunity to look at the schedule. Although we had ordered, we asked that it be put up to take out, as we had to leave. Everyone was very cooperative and we left with the package.

When we opened the container, we were disappointed with the quality. Subsequently, I sent a note to the Crowne Plaze that apparently was directed to their Customer relations. To my surprise, I received an email saying the management had been notified, and a check for the cost of our meal was being sent to us!! We are very grateful for their response, and wanted to share it with you.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor and we had a lovely view of the mountains
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelmanager539, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Mommy lou1,

Thank you for sharing details about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Nashua, your comments are very important to us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the food you ordered from our restaurant. I can assure you that it is not at all typical and hope I that you will give us another chance the next time you visit the Nashua area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashua
Hampton Inn Nashua
#6 of 13 in Nashua
Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua
Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gateway Hills Nashua

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua? Share your experiences!