“Great night!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Ashby, Massachusetts
“Great night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here this past Sat. just me and my husband. Nice night out no teenagers. We loved the 8th floor, and felt spoiled rotten by Maureen. She is so kind, and witty and attentive! Loved the room! In fact we'll be back next Wed. and bringing our 16 year old daughter. So we'll be back up to see Maureen then! My daughter will love all the little touches. Too bad you didn't have King suites with the sofa bed up on the 8th, but doesn't stop us. :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy M
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Tracy M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much and that you and your husband were able to get away and relax. We think Maureen is wonderful too!! We look forward to seeing you again and I'm sure Maureen will love to meet your daughter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Bedford, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had been searching for a hotel to stay while visiting our son. Originally I had planned to stay at the Hampton Inn, but chose this hotel as their rate was comparable and I thought it would be a nicer stay for our family. Boy, was I wrong. The room was just ok...nothing spectacular to say the least. First order of business was to take the boys to the pool. The pool was basically non-descript. Nothing special at all...I've seen better pools at less expensive hotels. However, things got worse! We put the boys to bed and I went to take a shower...NO HOT WATER!!!!! NONE!!!!!!!!! Not even lukewarm! By this time, the boys were asleep and I didn't want them disturbed. I figured that maybe this was a temporary thing. In the morning, I checked again...it was a little warm, so I decided to shower...within 2 minutes it went from warm to ice cold! I screamed. When we checked out my husband told the desk clerk who said, "We will get maintenance on it right away. Sorry." That was it! Seriously?? We then were going to have brunch. We got to the restaurant and asked if we had a reservation, I said no, is that a problem? His response was, I suppose not, but it would have been helpful. Looking around the restaurant, it certainly was not packed and we were seated right away anyway. I will never stay here again. There are plenty of other options in the area and I will not waste my money or time on this place!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lori N
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Lori N,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us and I would like to apologize that your stay here was not more pleasant. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it will help us improve the hotel and our guests' stay.
I have noted your comments regarding the hot water and our Engineering Dept. is looking into what the issue could have been so we can avoid something like this from happening again in the future. I would also like to apologize for the response you received during check-out. We set a very high standard for ourselves to resolve guest issues at the time of the problem, I regret that we were not aware of a hot water problem within the hotel so that we could have fixed that for you.
Also, you probably noticed that our Health Club/pool area is undergoing renovations so that area will be significantly improved.
Let me assure you that we do value our guests here and I apologize that you did not get that impression while staying with us. It sounds like you may have another opportunity to visit the Southern NH area while visiting your family and we hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again.
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was at the Crown Plaza, Nashua, NH for a convention. This is a fairly new facility that is well kept, clean and spacious. The meeting rooms are large and well lit.

One of the things that I use as a major rating on a hotel facility is the staff. This hotel would be at the top of the list. From the greeting as I entered from the bell man at the front door, the the very friendly and helpful front desk staff, everyone you encounter at this facility are willing to do whatever is necessary to make you stay nice.

The room I had was large, bright and clean. Bed was comfortable with a good size desk for work.

This would be a good pick if you have the need to stay in Nashua, NH!

1 Thank Bryant A
Dear Bryant A,
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. It is great to see the staff here recognized for their hard work and service to our guests. If you have another chance to stay in the Southern NH area we hope to see you again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, but outside of the famous Peabody, I can't remember being greeted by a family of ducks before. Attended a conference held at the Crowne Plaza, and was pleased from the moment I arrived. Not your average cookie-cutter box shaped hotel. Lovely spacious lobby, nice meeting rooms. Everything bespoke of a well cared for property. My only "complaint" was the lack of a lobby gift/snack shop for quickly picking up items/snacks. This is something still appreciated by travelers.

• Stayed January 2014
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear DCHinckley,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, we appreciate your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's ironic that you would mention a gift shop as we are currently developing space just off the lobby for a coffee shop (proudly serving Starbucks coffee!) and gift shop. We plan to have this open in February, so when you have another chance to visit Southern NH you will be able to grab coffee, food items and sundries as well! We look forward to seeing you again.
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We recently used the Crowne Plaza Nashua NH as the home base for our wedding guests and reheasal dinner venue. Because we reserved the entire executive floor for our guests, we were able to use the large common area as a giant living room where our guests mixed, mingled and had a wonderful time. The wedding coordinator, Talia, arranged all the wedding details from room assignments, to transportation to the church and reception, to handling the flowers for the rehearsal dinner with attentiveness and grace. We had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: For a large family gathering the 8th floor is perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear mostnh,
Congratulations on your recent wedding! Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are thrilled that your guests' stay with us was so enjoyable - what a wonderful way for them to be able to visit with each other. Also happy that the rehearsal dinner was a success and that Talia could be so helpful - she is a gem! We wish you the best and hope to see you again soon!
Giessen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel is close to exit 8 of route 3 down to Boston, shopping and restaurants are just in walking distance, room is spaceous and is fine for business travellers, stayed there for 1 week, rate was ok with 127 US$ (corporate rate), regular is > 165 US $. Breakfast is not that thrilling, mainly US style, only toast, butter and fruits as continental style. Heating/Air condition is very noisy, needs to be shut off during the night. Hotel needs remodelling in some areas in particular the pool area. New Comffort Inn is getting build next door, so competition will push for upgrading.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear blueskies 15-10,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, your feedback and observations will help us improve and we are glad you found your stay with us enjoyable! Based on your description of breakfast you must have been taking advantage of the continental breakfast that is available to our guests who stay on the Executive Level floor, we do offer a full hot breakfast in our restaurant, Speaker's Corner either a la carte or from the buffet. I do apologize for the noise coming from the HVAC unit in your room, I have shared your comments with our engineering staff. You probably noticed the remodeling going on in our Health Club as we agree, it did need some updating. Perhaps if you have a chance to stay with us again you will see the changes when they are complete. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Essex, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The staff are extremely attentive.. the accommodations better than expected. the Pub has great food and good service. Definitely above our expectations. parking was fine. Breakfast also fine. Thank you!

Room Tip: Higher up probably quieter..
Dear Gotalife54,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that everything met or exceeded your expectations! We hope to see you again when you get another chance to visit Southern NH.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashua
Courtyard Nashua
Residence Inn Nashua
Residence Inn Nashua
#4 of 13 in Nashua
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Court Inn & Conference Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua? Share your experiences!