“A old fashioned treat”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I chose this because of a special offering by IGH loyalty club. I really enjoyed being there and was treated well by all staff despite our bargain rate. I requested and received an upgrade despite the bargain rate, We were 3 adults and the upgrade made it much more private for us. We chose to wait in the bar while the upgraded room was made up. Sarah, our bar server was very helpful and friendly. We had dinner and breakfast there as well, and Michael our evening server was very helpful despite being stressed by our cook son changing his order repeatedly. He was very knowledgeable about the food and made some good recommendations. There were some deficiencies in the food such as a horribly fatty beef rib, and a totally bland low calorie fish/rice dish. But I'd say we enjoyed the meal in the lovely old dining room since we had excellent service, atmosphere and wine. Our breakfast was average, my oatmeal good, my husband's basic childs breakfast not so hot. The buffets are $13 with no omelet and $18 with the omelet. Or per the menu actually $18 with the chef's participation! Steep enough to make one look for another place to eat I think. However, when I use one of my complementary or "points" stay I like to patronize the place to make up for it. We did go to the hot tub/pool. I liked the temperature, very hot, and the very high pressure of the jets. We didn't go into the pool. I feel that the charm of the hotel would make me return although this is an area we rarely go through. Out of route between NJ and ME!.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CarlanneNewJersey
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear CarlanneNewJersey,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to receive an complimentary upgraded room also. I am sorry that you found the food in our dining room lacking, your comments, both positive and negative, will be passed along to the appropriate staff so that we can improve our restaurant and encourage the staff members who did such a great job! I'm sorry to hear that Southern NH is not along your route of travel however if you find yourself in the area we would love to see you again!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here for one night on the executive floor. The staff was pleasant, but the offerings were meagre. The hotel has an old world style to it, which unfortunately extends to the health club. The pool is small and dingy. The same is true of the bath. Although it did have jacuzzi jets, no amount of cleaning will make it look worthy of bathing in.
The place in in need of a makeover.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank waiake1
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear applejuice12,
Thank you for your recent feedback. We'd like to thank you for staying with us and apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your room. As you probably saw, our health club is undergoing renovations to improve it's appearance and our hotel rooms are regularly updated as well. Feedback such as this helps us identify where we need to focus next. We do hope that if you have another chance to visit Southern NH that you will consider coming back here to see what improvements have occurred.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My daughter and her fiancee chose the Crown Plaza after considering many in the area. I don't know if you call New Hampshire in February a Destination Wedding, but they booked the entire 8th floor including the Presidential Suite. We were not disappointed. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the staff very accommodating.There was a large common sitting area where the guests could sit and relax before the wedding reception. Although I didn't try it I also heard from guests that the food in the grill (Speaker's Corner) was also very good. All in all, this place is a winner.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear DMG1214,
Thank you for your great review of our hotel and congratulations on the recent marriage of your daughter! We are so happy that it was such a great weekend for everyone involved and that you and your family and friends were able to visit and relax on our Executive level in comfort and privacy. Best wishes to everyone - especially your daughter and son-in-law!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The restaurant and bar area is very nice. A little pricey, but good food and drinks. Great place for a gathering with friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Cathy S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy some of the amenities that the hotel has to offer. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again the next time you have an opportunity to visit Southern NH.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I booked the valentine weekend special. We stayed on Saturday night, February 15, 2014. Our room wasn't ready and we waited 45 minutes for staff to find another room. It wasn't a big deal and sometimes this happens. The staff was courteous and friendly. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and the food and the presentation were very nice. The room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable.
The cons were things that were easy fixes but demonstrate a lack of attention by management. There was a tile in the bathroom off, wall paper was pealing and worn. Again, not a big deal, but an indication that they aren't paying attention.
The bar seemed dirty and also needs attention. Fabric on the seats was worn and the entire bar was dated. It looks like it wasn't touched in the past 20 years.
All said, we would go back. The cons we minor and hopefully will be addressed. The staff was nice, they have a parking garage and, issues aside, the rooms are nice.

Room Tip: There are plenty of family friendly restaurants in the immediate area. There is a really nice outle...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear srtrvlr_9,
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. Thank you also for your feedback on the guest room and restaurant - it will help us address needs within the hotel. I do apologize that your room had some issues and we will be more vigilant upon inspection of the guest rooms. We do update rooms throughout the hotel continuously so that we can try to avoid these situations. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself here regardless of the issues and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here this past Sat. just me and my husband. Nice night out no teenagers. We loved the 8th floor, and felt spoiled rotten by Maureen. She is so kind, and witty and attentive! Loved the room! In fact we'll be back next Wed. and bringing our 16 year old daughter. So we'll be back up to see Maureen then! My daughter will love all the little touches. Too bad you didn't have King suites with the sofa bed up on the 8th, but doesn't stop us. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Tracy M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much and that you and your husband were able to get away and relax. We think Maureen is wonderful too!! We look forward to seeing you again and I'm sure Maureen will love to meet your daughter.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had been searching for a hotel to stay while visiting our son. Originally I had planned to stay at the Hampton Inn, but chose this hotel as their rate was comparable and I thought it would be a nicer stay for our family. Boy, was I wrong. The room was just ok...nothing spectacular to say the least. First order of business was to take the boys to the pool. The pool was basically non-descript. Nothing special at all...I've seen better pools at less expensive hotels. However, things got worse! We put the boys to bed and I went to take a shower...NO HOT WATER!!!!! NONE!!!!!!!!! Not even lukewarm! By this time, the boys were asleep and I didn't want them disturbed. I figured that maybe this was a temporary thing. In the morning, I checked again...it was a little warm, so I decided to shower...within 2 minutes it went from warm to ice cold! I screamed. When we checked out my husband told the desk clerk who said, "We will get maintenance on it right away. Sorry." That was it! Seriously?? We then were going to have brunch. We got to the restaurant and asked if we had a reservation, I said no, is that a problem? His response was, I suppose not, but it would have been helpful. Looking around the restaurant, it certainly was not packed and we were seated right away anyway. I will never stay here again. There are plenty of other options in the area and I will not waste my money or time on this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lori N
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Lori N,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us and I would like to apologize that your stay here was not more pleasant. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it will help us improve the hotel and our guests' stay.
I have noted your comments regarding the hot water and our Engineering Dept. is looking into what the issue could have been so we can avoid something like this from happening again in the future. I would also like to apologize for the response you received during check-out. We set a very high standard for ourselves to resolve guest issues at the time of the problem, I regret that we were not aware of a hot water problem within the hotel so that we could have fixed that for you.
Also, you probably noticed that our Health Club/pool area is undergoing renovations so that area will be significantly improved.
Let me assure you that we do value our guests here and I apologize that you did not get that impression while staying with us. It sounds like you may have another opportunity to visit the Southern NH area while visiting your family and we hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again.