“An Overnight Getaway”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for an overnight getaway and felt as if we were really away! The hotel is conveniently located off of Route 3 in Nashua and they have free garage parking! We checked in quickly and efficiently and the staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating. We were earlier than our 3:00pm checkin time and told that our room was ready. We stayed on the sixth floor in a king-bedded room which was simply but nicely furnished with a sitting area. The bathroom was good-sized, clean, and had different spa-like travel-sized amenities!
We went to the bar to watch the Bruins game and met Matty, our bartender, who took care of us through the game and dinner, which we ate at the bar. The menu was as good as a hotel bar menu gets, with a decent wine list, and the food was excellent!
There is a Starbucks in the lobby (key!) which is open from 7-11am, on Sunday anyway, and serves a good selection of coffee and pastries which was just what we needed before brunch.
Brunch was a buffet which included salad, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, eggs benedict, smoked salmon, chicken marsala, roast beef, an omelette bar, and desserts. Everything we had was delicious and really fresh!
We never made it to the pool or the health club so I can't comment on those areas of the hotel but the hotel is clean and bright with an extremely accomodating and friendly staff!
We wouldn't hesitate to refer friends, colleagues, or clients to this property!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear GreenieBoston,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We are all thrilled that your stay here was so enjoyable and relaxing! We are also glad you enjoyed yourself in the bar area and that you were well taken care of - we recently opened il caffe and have had great response to the Starbucks coffee being served there. We serve brunch every Sunday all year round with specialty brunch on Easter and Mother's Day - we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Recently stayed here and enjoyed it thoroughly. Stayed on the club floor at a great rate. Free drinks 5:30-7:00 and snacks. Maureen the Hostess was very helpful and friendly. Free continental breakfast too. I always stay here when in the area.

The Pub at the property is good. Frank, a bartender, makes it a point to know your name and will address you by name the entire time he sees you the. Food is good to excellent.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear hockeygump,

Thank you for your kind words on your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your patronage and we think Maureen, on our Executive Level, is a gem! I'm also glad that you had a chance to meet Frank in Speaker's Pub as well, he is wonderful also! We have so many great staff members here and you pointed out 2 of them! We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Southern NH area.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed for four nights, and cannot fault this hotel. Very clean, quiet, good facilities, and the Concierge floor is a real home from home, Maureen and Maggie looked after me so well. One of the nicest and most peaceful hotels I have stayed in on business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear NeilT83,
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great stay here and you were well taken care of by Maureen and Maggie - we think they are great too! Your comfort and satisfaction are extremely important to us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was attending a large event of about 200 attendees. The support from the staff was outstanding. Everything was done professionally, as well as great food. There was a Buffett line that was hot and well stocked. The prime rib was chef carved and wonderful.h

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Frank E.
Thanks so much for your kind words in your review. We are glad that you were so pleased with everything at your event here. If you are in the area again, we hope to see you!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

we stayed here for one night before heading out to Boston. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They tried to fit us all in even though they only had 1 room available, they added cots for family. The hotel is a little dated and needs to be refreshed. It has great size and nice grounds and can look a lot nicer. All staff at front desk very pleasant but what I truly appreciated was how when I called to ask about our forgotten laptop, they had found it and saved it for us. They helped me make arrangements to have it shipped by FedEx. I was impressed that housekeeping was so honest.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Mary K,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that we were able to accomodate you and your family. I appreciate your feedback on the hotel as it will help us identify where we can improve our property. We do continously update the hotel so if you do have a chance to visit again, I'm confident you will see improvements throughout!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Best in Town. By far not “Asian Standard Crowne Plaza”

I stayed here for four nights, coming from Boston By rental car.

The hotel was hard to find by car-navigation, the actual address wanted me the car to drive to the T-crossing of the Amherst Street and Somerset Pkwy. At this crossing actually the Hampton Inn is situated. Then, on the parking lot of Hampton inn at the opposite side of street, I saw the sign shield of Crowne Plaza hidden away behind some trees.

Arriving at the hotel, there is a big parking lot outside (free parking). There is also an underground parking facility…. Did not use, so do not know if there is a charge for that

Room (401) was average space, with traditional Hotel-decoration; Toilet room with integrated shower-cabin and bathtub. Think I am too much spoiled with the wide assortment of toilet-stuff that I normally encounter in the Asian “Crowne Plaza’s”; Here only the Three bottles of showerGel/shampoo/conditioner and a little soap. Probably available on request, but not part of the standard toilet-amenities: no comb, no tooth paste, no shower hair-cap, no shaver, no……. The bed was just as soft as I like it to be. Sleeping quality was OK. The TV was widescreen LCD with normal news-nets and some film-net like HBO. The internet was WLAN and LAN on the room. Breakfast was just OK @ additional charge on top of the room-rate: special requests you had to make with the waitress (like scrambled eggs with vegetables and toasted bread); even orange juice was not from the buffet, but had to ask for also.

The things that annoyed me and made me only rate like this hotel as average:
a. Upon arrival, as European guest, I was not able to connect the power-plugs for my chargers and computer-power supply. The hotel did not have adapters available… Had to buy them myself the next day.

b. The laundry service was “bad”, I am used to put the laundry outside my room in front of door before 10am, to have it returned the same day by 6pm everywhere else in the world it works like that…not here: It turned out they don’t have the room door-collect-service; one has to bring it to the front-desk. Finally ending up returning my laundry after two days, after several times asking at the front-desk.

c. I visited in the beginning of February. So the temperature regulation was on “heating”. The boiler providing the heat was “hidden” in some cabinet in the corner of the room. It was really very noisy every time it turned on for heating.

All in all the stay was average; for the annoying things above. This hotel staff should be made aware what real Crowne Plaza service could be, by just spending some holidays in Asia Pacific Crowne Plaza sister hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear globetravelerNL,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and will help us improve the quality and comfort of our guests' stay here. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the laundry, we offer a same day laundry service, however it does have to be sent out by 8am so that our dry cleaner has the appropriate amount of time to clean the items and return them to the hotel by 6pm. As for the noisy heating unit, I have asked our Engineering Dept. to take a look at the unit in the room you occupied. We do update our hotel continuously, so if you have another opportunity to visit Southern NH, I do hope you would consider staying with us again so we can renew your faith in our hotel!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I were married in the area, and we had our guests stay on the 8th floor. The service up there was great! Maggie was so helpful to us and our guests, keeping the coffee flowing in the morning and making sure our guests were entertained with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres when the bridal party was taking pictures. The hotel provided a bus to and from the wedding reception. We had a wonderful experience here.

Room Tip: If you are getting married and need a hotel block, definitely consider the Crowne Plaza!