“Welcome Amenities and a Couple of Surprises”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I had to change plans at the last minute and were lucky enough to stay here - purely by chance. First, the amenities: easy and complimentary garage parking, lovely lobby area, but best of all, a soap dish in the bathroom. Yes, you heard it here first, an honest-to-goodness soap dish. I am really tired of prying a bar of wet soap off the bathroom counter when soap dishes cannot possibly be that expensive, so this was a treat. And it was glass, too, not throw-away plastic.

Second, the surprises. When I walked in to check in, there was a gal offering spring rolls from a tray to the people on line. Samples from the restaurant. Delicious, by the way, but I have never been in a hotel before that served hors d'oeuvres to the check-in crowd, so this qualifies as a big surprise. The other, though, is the restaurant, Speaker's Corner. It is large, airy, and attractive, with a raised bar area and an outside seating area, also. Excellent food and service. Buffalo wings appetizer and cocoanut shrimp were terrific. The next day at lunch, in addition to our salad entrees, which were lovely, I had a delicious shrimp and avocado gazpacho, served appealingly in a martini glass.

And as always at any IHG hotel, the staff was competent and incredibly friendly. All in all, a very enjoyable unexpected detour!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear kcoghlan,
Thank you for your recent 5 star review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that your stay with us was so pleasant and that you were able to enjoy so much of what the Crowne Plaza Nashua has to offer. Also glad that you appreciate the soap dish in the room! We look forward to seeing you again when you have another opportunity to visit Southern NH!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was helping my dear friend plan her daughter's wedding. I was married 20 years ago and had my reception here when it was the Clarion. Tim Hogan is the GM and Jackie Labrie is the Social Sales Manager. Tim was here when I was planning my wedding! Jackie and Tim went above an beyond what most hotels would ever do. The ceremony and the reception were held here and went off without a hitch. The service is impeccable, food is amazing and the hotel is beautiful. I highly recommend planning your events here and staying here when you are in town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Karen T,
Thank you for your recent 5 star review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that everything was so successful with the wedding ceremony and reception for your friend's daughter. Congrats on your own 20 years of marriage! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

...it's beginning to show its age but at the end of the day the rooms are clean; generally good sized; and the location works. Plenty of restaurants close by as are the Merrimack premium outlets. Will continue to frequent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Phil D,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that the location was good for what you needed. You will be happy to hear that we are undergoing some changes within the hotel that will update the property and allow more conveniences and comfort for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent a Saturday night at the Crowne Plaza recently - my bride of 38 years and her 90-year-old mother. Requested adjoining rooms to make sure we could help Mom, called to confirm the request, and double-checked at check-in. We were assigned two rooms across the hall from each other. Went back to the desk, where it was eventually sorted out, but it took a while. Credit where it is due, the front desk staff were apologetic that it took so long to get things straightened out. The rooms themselves were great - we had a two-double, king pair of rooms with a door between, in a quiet section of the hotel. Rooms and baths were clean and well-appointed, though the couch in the king room squeaked when you sat on it. Beds were firm (a little too firm for our taste). Despite having 2-3 wedding parties and a singles dance party in the hotel, our rooms were quiet and we got a good night's sleep. All in all, a positive experience, and we will return!

1  Thank WinterVacationer

Dear WinterVacationer,
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for not having the requested rooms ready upon check in - I am pleased to hear that our Front Desk staff were able to fix the error as that was extremely important, and that you were able to enjoy your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on a Saturday. For us this places only down fall was the tiny uncomfortable bed (perhaps unique to room 601) and pillows (thin offering little support). Everything else about the place was pretty good, rooms were clean service was good, free wifi. I opted to include the breakfast in my rate and as a result I got an early Sunday brunch buffet. It was definitely a good deal. Good location, good service overall, rooms were comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ottawa_uhl
rwilderh, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Ottawa_uhl,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything about the hotel except that the bed was not comfortable for you. If you have another opportunity to visit Southern NH we hope you will give us another chance and please let know your preference in pillows as we can change them out to one you would be more comfortable for you.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

what more can one ask for than a clean hotel, friendly staff and reasonable rates! I agree with a recent review regarding the 8th floor hostess. Could not be more friendly but the same was true with the front desk staff. Smiles and accommodating. The indoor pool area is great for families with kids too. Location of hotel is fine, lots of nearby restaurants and shopping, especially the outlet mall which is only one exit away. Lastly, lots of happy people attending weddings so the ambiance is great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear lash23_14,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The entire experience exceeded my expectations in every way. The staff is extremely helpful and flexible. The hostesses on the 8th floor were very accomodating, friendly and professional. The fitness area is the best I have seen in a hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Diane R,
Thank you for your recent 5 star review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here and that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. We agree that the hostesses on our Executive Level are top notch! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashua
Hampton Inn Nashua
#6 of 13 in Nashua
Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua
Radisson Hotel Manchester Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gateway Hills Nashua

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nashua? Share your experiences!