“Good hotel to stay”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
South Berwick, Maine
“Good hotel to stay”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Met my daughter and granddaughter in Merrimac, NH to shop at the outlet and we stayed at the Holiday Inn, not far from the outlet, in Nashua. I had never stayed with this change before but was very happy with the outcome. We stayed in a suite and it was extremely comfortable. The staff with very accommodating, pleasant and willing to help with anything we asked for. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are going to the outlets for the day!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had car problems and had to stat in Nashua.
This was a nice surprise, the front desk clerk could not have been more helpful to us than that.
Gave us a special price because of beeing out of town and had car problems. This was very appreciated. We used the huge pool after dinner and we enjoyed it alot. Extremely clean rooms. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning and the food was very good and not that expensive at all. I recommand in a minute

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am glad that we were able to make your unexpected stay with us a happy one. We strive to make every guest feel like they are a part of our family. I'm glad my staff was able to accommodate your needs.
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just a few grips here:

1. I showed up late and when I entered the room, it was hot, so I turned on the air conditioning. Shortly thereafter it stopped working. It would turn on for about 15 seconds and then turn off by itself. This happened again and again so I finally just gave up.

2. The coffee pot machine in the room was disgusting - looked like it had never been clean. I was about to pour water in it and then saw how dirty it was and chose to get coffee at the restaurant instead.

3. I was disappointed that there wasn't any complimentary breakfast in the morning - I think that's a first for a holiday inn for me.

4. And lastly, I've noticed with other holiday inn's that there are complimentary newspapers to pickup - nothing available.

So are these issues the end of the world? No. But for the price they were charging, I didn't think the above were issues that should have happened.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris R
I wish to thank you for taking the time to respond to the review. I am so sorry that we fell short with your high hopes. I can assure you that we are taking each point and trying to figure the best way to handle each one. I hope that you will give us another chance.

Travellers are raving about these Nashua hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our second time visiting this hotel and again we were not disappointed. From the front desk, to housekeeping to food and beverage everyone was pleasant and quick to help. We will certainly return again.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool. Did not hear any noise at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am so glad that we could make your stay an enjoyable one. We take pride in making you a part of our family and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We spent 3 days at the Holiday Inn. My husband's company is in the vicinity and they use the Holiday Inn for their employees when they travel to "headquarters". I happened to tag along. My husband has platinum status. We were assigned huge room on the 4th floor. The room had a king bed, sleep sofa and a chair with a lot of room left over. We had ample storage space, a fridge and a microwave. Our room also had a lovely balcony with two chairs overlooking a beautifully landscaped courtyard and outdoor pool. The hotel is clean. They offer continental breakfast for $8.95 and cooked to order for $9.95. We had a complimentary breakfast coupon. Food is good. Staff is attentive. There is also a pub/bar off the lobby; Killarney's. We ordered quesadillas to go that were delicious! Great happy hour drink prices and half price appy's. There is also a McDonald's across the parking lot. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing! So nice to have an outdoor pool in New England. You won't be disappointed with a stay here. We highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Nashua :-)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am glad that we could make your stay an enjoyable one from the room on down to the pub. I look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Love playing trivia at Killarney's bar with live Irish music! Nice not having to drive after work! Pool is nice too!
If they could open their party room where the bounty us more often it would be great. Mary makes a killer margherita and is always willing tovtry new drinks!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ERP3
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am so glad that Mary makes your visit to Killarney's an enjoyable one and I will be sure to pass that on to her.
houston
Reviewed 7 August 2013

In some cases its not always the hotel that makes the stay. In this case it was the staff. Hands down the staff far exceeds many 4-5 star hotels I have stayed at. The late evening staff on the 27th July was excellent and the next morning. The hotel is a older hotel, that has really been kept up very well. The hotel/rooms are very clean and certainly worth the stay. Sunday brunch (fee) was well worth the cost (Mc'd next door) and there is a outdoor pool. Plenty of parking. Cant wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Right off the highway
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I am so glad that your recent stay with us what all that you expected and more. Every staff member works to make this hotel, your home away from home. I will pass on how pleased you were with them and we looking forward to seeing you again.