“AWESOME STAFF!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Gallatin, Tennessee
“AWESOME STAFF!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We traveled to Nashua to visit family......this hotel was booked through the "pet friendly" site. This usually means no changes in your reservation. Upon arrival we requested an upgrade & the gentleman at the front desk did so with no problem at a nominal price increase which we were glad to pay. The hotel is clean, cozy, with friendly staff and a great bar/restaurant. We continued up the coast to Maine & returned to the hotel on our way back south we enjoyed our first stay so much.....again given a great large room to accommodate our needs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelNashua_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 7 May 2015
I was delighted to receive your note, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel. It made me happy to know you feel at home with us.
I have share your comments with the staff. You are always welcome to stay with us when your travels bring you this way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hebron, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property as part of a vocal singing competition in the area. The property was not the main contest venue, but was tagged by the local team as one of three properties recommended for attendees to stay at. I'm not sure if the event planners shared with this property when they set up the event room rate details about the event itself, but this property fell short of having any connection to the event.

Staff were pleasant enough. The initial greeting was cheerful and encouraging. The facility itself suffers from a lack of attention to detail. This facility was about $30 more per night than a Motel 6 less than one mile away. Yet the quality of the physical building did not warrant the cost difference. Metal doors had large chunks of missing paint and heavily scratched brass kick plates. Hallway carpets smelled very musty - this is one of the first things a guest will notice and will form their assessment about. The room itself carried the same musty smell, but other than that was pleasant enough. Space was ample for 1 or 2 adult guests, and climate was easily controlled.

While we were off site for many hours with the contest, we did leverage the bar area for both food and beverage service. The area was clean and comfortable. Bar staff were very courteous and pleasant to work with. They were very flexible, especially when we were pulling multiple tables together to accommodate a larger group of people sitting together. Both food and beverage services were quick and efficient. Food was of decent quality and had very sizable portions. The only let down was the connection to the event. This was an acapella singing competition, and the bar hosted a relatively dominant rock duo on Friday evening. This prevented us from being able to sing ourselves in not only the bar area, but also the soup cafe (which is wide open to the bar area) or even the open atrium style lounge hallway.

Would I stay at this property in the future? Only if I knew significant investments were made to improve the physical plant to warrant the price difference from local motels costing 30-40% less in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnNashua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
I Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suite. We strive to make our Hotel a better place for people to visit, with your feedback we can do that. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in our lounge area after your contest. Thank you from The Holiday Inn & Suites in Nashua.
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Welcome with a fireplace and a smile, beautiful renovated room, new bed and granite counter in bathroom, flat Tv, great supper with coupons for reduced price offered. Loved the Souper Simple with 5 different kinds of soup, warm buns and salad, all you can eat for 7$. So good after travelling for a whole day, not having to go out again. Apples and cookies offered at the reception, lovely personnel, clean, wouls certainly go again. Thought about shopping around there this summer, i saw a pool in the backyard!

Room Tip: King bed renovated, nice decor, padded huge headboard.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnNashua, Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Lalondee, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am so glad that we could make your stay a pleasurable one. I look forward to future visits from you.
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I don't ever look to stay at a holiday inn. I was here for an event, so stayed over. I was really impressed with everything. Plenty of parking. Check in was a breeze. Really nice and friendly staff. Elevator is fast. The room was very clean. I wasn't expecting it to be as nice and clean as it was. The tv in the room was a little small. Hotel standard seems to be around 42, my room had maybe a 27. Regardless, it was no big deal to me at all. Shower was very nice. It was either recently grouted, or the cleaning staff is just very good . It looked awesome! This may have been the stay that adds Holiday inn to my searches. 99 out of 100 hotels I stay at are either Hyatt or Starwood family of hotels... A+ job to all who keep this place up and running!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank beachbum1004
91offended, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the food and beverage outlets on our property. Killarneys Irish Pub is a local favorite, and strives to create an enjoyable experience for all that enter.
We are contstantly improving and updating our hotel, and are pleased you noticed some of the updates. Perhaps by your next stay we will have updated even more!
Again thank you for your time and patronage.
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is showing some age, both in the common areas and the room itself. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The room was large and well appointed, with a good view out of the window, but did show age.

The wifi signal was weak in the room, and the hotel had just one computer for guest use. That machine wasn't working well at all.

No free coffee in the lobby. I tried to use the coffee vending machine, but it took my money without working. The desk person refunded me, and said the machine was problematic.

During my stay the fire alarm went off and the building was evacuated. Fortunately this was during the day. Workers said it had happened before.

I ate in the pub. The meal and drinks were fine, average pub food, and economical.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my stay and the people were pleasant. It's just not a first class example of the Holiday Inn brand.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear sign216,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Wonderful hotel and close to all shopping. Conveniently located off of the highway. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Large bathroom. I would rate our room as a 4 star. I do not know when the hotel was last renovated but it still seemed fresh. It was a great spot for my wife and I to get away.

Room Tip: Our room was on the north side of the building away. We found the area very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
91offended, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nashua, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We ar the Nashua Holiday Inn are thrilled that we provided you and your wife wife the quality, comfort and care we strive to provide every guest. I will be sure to share your message with our staff. We look forward to serving you in the future.
NS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were quite impressed with our recent stay at your facility for 3 nights. Rooms were big and very clean!! The Irish Bar was awesome, great prices, great food, great martini's and live music. The service in the bar was top notch !! The hotel was so centrally located to the Merrimack Premium Outlets (which are the best) and to the Daniel Webster Highway. Very quiet area and no noise from highway traffic. Cannot wait to stay again next year on our annual shopping trip!!! The only suggestion that I would like to make a comment on is the reception desk. There was 2 ladies that were friendly and that was the day we arrived and the day we checked out. The other lady was not pleasant at all. I think she was working on Saturday. I also waited sometimes more than 5 minutes before I received service at the reception desk. Not major complaints but sure would help if the service was bumped up especially at the front desk!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We truly enjoy our "shoppers" and look forward to serving you every November. We feel a great amount of pride that we have groups like yours coming back year after year. I am sorry about your experience with the Saturday night desk staff, and I will look back as to who was working that night and correct this issue. We want your experience to be 100% positive. Thank you for your review and your repeated business.