“Loved the doll auction” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Augusta
“Loved the doll auction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

I loved the Holiday Inn Nashua! I attended a wonderful doll auction. The general manager greeted me at the front entrance. The cookies were outstanding and service top notch. The lobby was warm and inviting. The front desk staff very professional. I would recommend it to anyone.
Thank you Holiday Inn for a wonderful experience.

• Liked — friendly service,clean and enjoyable
  • Disliked — weather
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hudson, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

Our group held a Networking Luncheon in September and we were amazed at the prompt service, the attention to detail, and the excellent buffet. The Buffet was not put out by the attendees until we had completed our opening ceremonies. The food was hot, the meats were tender, the vegetables were fresh. The coffee was served in carafes at each table and replenished when necessary. Anyone who was interested in a Tea were attended to promptly. We even had a person who was blind and the staff assisted him with getting his food at the buffet to our surprise! That was definitely above and beyond the call of duty! We had a delightful luncheon and our group has requested that I reserve our next networking luncheon here again.
Thank you Holiday Inn for your great service and for accomodating our participants so well!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2008

I went to eat at just about closing. They should have told me they were closed. The fish was so dry, the potatoes and vegetables were cold, the bread was locked in the freezer. I was sorely disappointed as the hotel clerk told me the food was very good there.

• Liked — location for work
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Nashua hotels

CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2008

I'd like to echo this paragraph from the review of another very unlucky traveler:

Got to the room and saw wallpaper coming loose, stained and cigarette burned room chairs, a couple ants coming out of the shower drain, a toilet seat that was painted white, a door that closed off center, a sink straight from the mid 80's where the water came out in a spray due to a broken faucet, carpet that hasn't been changed in I don't know how long and sheets that stretched to fit the mattresses which even then did not cover the entire mattress.

Will add that everything was decrepid with disgusting appliances and floor lamps that were falling over. The bed actually has sharp edges on the frame that catch your clothing when you walk by. The water tastes terrible and there'd be no way I'd make coffee in the room The worst thing was an unbelievable stink that hits you when walking into the room. I could not place the smell but it was horrible every time the room was entered. I can't imagine what must have gone on there in the past.

With all honesty, I would recommend to anyone to sleep in their car rather than spend the night in this hotel.

• Liked — Location and restauarant wer OK, but concerned about the kitchen.
  • Disliked — The room stink was the worst. And for anyone with disabilities, both the entrance and hallways were very lacking.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wend0ver
Hudson, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2008

The majority of our stay was awful!! The worst of it all is one of their staff members coming to us and telling us he was going to have us all arrested! He actually acted as if he had the authority to do so! We had just left a wedding in their function hall as they closed down the bar early, most people paid $80 for rooms so that they didn't have to worry about driving. So when we decided to go and have an after party down the street (within walking distance) they called the club and informed them not to serve us. I am fully aware of serving alcohol safely as I have had this responsability myself, but this was going out of their way to ruin what should have been a great night. I just cannot beleive they treated us so poorly. I would never recommend having a function there, unless you are ok with being policed throughout your entire stay.

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank Oliveoil27
OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2008

Got to the room and saw wallpaper coming loose, stained and cigarette burned room chairs, a couple ants coming out of the shower drain, a toilet seat that was painted white, a door that closed off center, a sink straight from the mid 80's where the water came out in a spray due to a broken faucet, carpet that hasen't been changed in I don't know how long and sheets that stretched to fit the mattresses which even then did not cover the entire mattress.

I contaced the front desk after getting in and then submitted the problem to Holiday Inn themselves. They offered to move me but I would have to change from a double full bed NS room to something else they had available. I needed the two beds so I had to stay here after paying.

Just another reason why you need to look at the rooms before you sign! My mistake.

• Liked — It was a decent rate but I found out why after I got into the room.
  • Disliked — Terrible room. I would describe it as a travesty.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
South Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2007

We were there to attend a basketball tournament and received a discounted rate of $69, which is a fair price. The lobby is nice and welcoming with a (gas?) fireplace which was lit and several comfy chairs/sofas.

The rooms were ok. The rooms and bathrooms we saw were clean but there were a couple that needed some work (wallpaper was coming off one wall of one of the rooms). The toiletries were fine too.

There was free wireless internet and it worked very well.

I was a little surprised at the cost of the breakfast buffet for the Nashua area. $7.95 for continental breakfast and $9.95 which added eggs, bacon and sausage.

We had drinks and dinner with some other parents in the bar one night. The food was good and drinks reasonable. The waitress was very friendly and fun. Unfortunately, being from a state where smoking is not allowed in restaurants and bars, we were overcome by the smoke after a short time.

• Liked — Easy access to highway and cleanliness
  • Disliked — The fact that smoking is allowed in the restaurant/bar area
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family