“Very Nice Stay. Consistent Quality and Excellent Staff.”
Review of Courtyard Nashua

Courtyard Nashua
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Connecticut
“Very Nice Stay. Consistent Quality and Excellent Staff.”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed at the Nashua, NH Courtyard for 3 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. We arrived on Thursday, Thanksgiving day and left the following Sunday. The girl that checked us in acknowledged my Elite status and thanked me for being a member. Often the front desk personal will not acknowledge the status and this was a nice way to start the stay. After moving the car the same girl asked if the room was ok.

The room was available for early check-in and on the first floor as I requested and the room was clean and everything was in proper order.

The buffet breakfast is 12.95 per person. The buffet menu does change slightly each day. The choices this time for fresh fruit was minimal with only strawberries in syrup, oranges, cantaloupe and honey dew melon. In addition to eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, omelets and hash browns. Also available is a small selection of breakfast pastries. The 2 ladies in the restaurant, make for an enjoyable visit remembering what your preferences and even where you prefer to sit. One even brought 2 glasses of orange juice because I happen to like it.

During our stay the hotel was not very busy with regular guests. However there were 3 semi-professional hockey teams staying in the hotel. All the players were very polite and respectful.

The pool was definitely cooler than it has been in the past. The hot tub was very nice as always. But, the entire pool area needs a through cleaning. The rooms are cleaned very well however the pool area has been neglected.

The outside of the hotel used to be very nice with many trees and shrubs. It seems all the large trees have been removed probably due to their age and the recent storms. This has left the property looking pretty bare outside. I hope in the spring the property receives some much needed landscaping.

This property is a always an excellent place to stay. There is a new manager at this facility and he certainly seems committed to maintaining the properties excellence.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2012

stayed here for 2 nights and had no problems whith this hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful.. the breakfast in the morning was good Not a big selection but just enough ...

Bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean ...

Room Tip: try and get one facing the main road comming into the hotel not one which backs onto the highway ...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fiumes61
Pembroke, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My family booked a regular room and a suite so we didn't have to drive home after a nearby wedding. The suite was spacious and had flat screen TV's. The regular room was nice but no flat screen. Room service was good but pricey. Loved the pool in the morning and the breakfast was very good and we had great service.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Phoenix
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I booked this hotel directly through Marriott and stayed for 4 nights. Check in was smooth, quick and efficient. The front desk agent was friendly. I was put on the second floor with a courtyard view. The room was clean and nicely laid out but somewhat small. I appreciated the flat screen television and the work desk. The WiFi worked like a charm and I had no problem connecting. There is a business center with printers on the first floor near the lobby that came in handy one night during an urgent matter.

The room was serviced regularly and housekeeping was never an issue. If I had neighbors I never heard them. The bed was very comfortable. The shower had plenty of hot water with good pressure. Parking is free and ample. The gym was sufficient. I didn't use the pool. The grounds are very pretty and I like how the hotel is tucked back away from the main road. It is a little close to the highway but I never heard any highway noise.

I ordered room service the first night, Sunday, that was not delivered in a timely manner whatsoever (1.5 hours). They also forgot some essentials which they quickly remedied. I ate at the on site restaurant one night and the service was good but the food was only mediocre and slightly pricey. The lobby is quite lovely and inviting with a fireplace and lots of seating. The location of this hotel is great and within easy access of the freeway. There are plenty of restaurants around too.

Would definitely return if I was in the area again. All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The Courtyard in Nashua, at exit 8, is a nice location. The rooms are laid out well and have a good work surface; and the flat screen TV is positionable to be viewed from multiple angles.

I was given a room right next to the ice machine which was surprising since I'm a Marriott Gold member; I could hear it in my room although it was never loud enough to wake me from sleep. I'd suggest asking for a room away from ice machine.

Room Tip: ask not to be near ice machine
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Wasn't very pleased to find bugs in my room. Stayed 2 nights for business. The first night, I saw the bug and killed it. The second night, I came to my room and saw another bug but was too tired to do anything and went to sleep. When I woke up, I saw two more. I took a picture of the bugs. When I showed the manager, his response was that he already knew. Apparently they are stink bugs and they can do nothing about it. I find it hard to believe. Still wouldn't want to stay there knowing they have a pest issue.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
NashuaCY, General Manager at Courtyard Nashua, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Nashua Courtyard. We are terribly sorry that you had some bugs in your room. We do have an Ecolabs contract and they treat our entire facility to prevent pests from entering. However, the "stink bug" is unique, not affected by pesticides and this is a national problem and a huge issue in Nashua right now . In Nashua they are in all homes and public places. They are seen on the outside of windows also. We do the best we can to control them for the short period they are around but it is impossible to control the entire situation. When they come in it is through vents and screens. Pesticides are not used to kill them because they are ineffective. The good news is that they are harmless - but annoying to see.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and apologize for this situation.
Mark Lesser
General manager
NH
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Wife and I stayed over on a Saturday night to meet some friends for drinks and didn't want to drive all the way home . Easy check in, the room was on 4th floor overlooking the courtyard. Very neat and clean. Not the biggest room I've seen but remember this is a business hotel not Las Vegas. We went to dinner and met our friends in the hotel lounge. It is small and quiet perfect for our evening. In the morning ate at the buffet it was good , the staff friendly.
I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple