“Excellent Pool, Hot Tub, Restaurant and Staff as Always.”
Review of Courtyard Nashua

Courtyard Nashua
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at the Nashua, NH Courtyard for 2 nights beginning August 31, 2013. The girl that checked me in was very efficient, friendly and provided a king room that opened onto the courtyard as I had requested. She did provide the Elite keys showing my status.

The room was cleaned and stocked properly as it usually is at this property and everything was in proper order.

We visit this hotel very often and I have never seen the restaurant as busy as it was on Sunday. All the tables were full and there were people waiting for a few minutes to be seated. The 2 ladies Toni and Nancy handled the rush quickly and professionally as they always do. Monday it was much less busy and the ladies were able to take some time to talk which is always enjoyable. On Monday Toni even brought me a LARGE glass of orange juice because she knows I like the juice here. It is touches like this that make this restaurant a big reason why we stay at this hotel. I have tried Marriott's new Bistro's, they are terrible. This restaurant is much better.

The buffet breakfast is 12.95 per person. The buffet consisted of strawberries, strawberries in syrup, oranges, cantaloupe and pineapple. In addition to eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, omelets and hash browns. Also available is a small selection of breakfast pastries.

The pool was a nice temperature. I visit this hotel often and occasionally the management decides to keep the temperature on the low side of the Marriott required temperature. This time the temperature was perfect for an enjoyable and long visit to the pool. The hot tub was very nice as always. The pool area has been cleaned with all the dead bugs that plagued the area have been removed. The pool has had new LED lights installed. These are fantastic to see at night and give the pool room a neat blue glow. It is worth seeing even if you don't swim. The hot tub has received an LED light also and has recently been resurfaced and looks great.

The hall leading to the pool has been remodeled in a gray and blue color scheme. It looks very nice and give the hotel a much more upscale feel compared to the florescent green and red color in the past. This property will look fantastic once the remodel is completed.

The outside of the hotel used to be very nice with many trees and shrubs. Most of the large trees have been removed probably due to their age. This has left the property looking pretty bare outside in the winter. With summer coming to an end the plantings do look nice but soon the hotel will have its barren winter look back, The management needs to add some shrubs and trees to the landscaping.

While the property is getting dated and a remodel is badly needed this property is always an excellent place to stay. This visit was even better than my stays in the past. With the competition in the area it seems the remodeling should keep people coming to this property in the future and will continue to be a place I will stay at many more times.

Room Tip: Request a first floor king room that opens onto the courtyard
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Nashua

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I spent three weeks here on a business trip. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The better rooms to be in are the ones facing the courtyard and pool. The food in the bar/restaraunt on the first floor is very good. The staff is very friendly and are always ready with a smile. Thank you Kris, Cathy, Colleen, Brenda, Izzy, Casey, and Marlene for making my stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the courtyard for a good view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hotel was fine while we were there but I left something behind and trying to get it back now has been an absolute nightmare! I called to find out if they had my things - yes they did. I did not want to pay Fedex international prices to have my 2 swimsuits returned. I had a better solution - my brother was travelling on business next week and could bring them back without incident. Except that no one would call me back. Yes, my brother is there right now but I cannot get anyone to help me. They all say the right things when they (finally) answer the phone but no one ever calls me back and they just say - "don't worry I will deal with this tomorrow".... Believe me, tomorrow never comes. For me they are just used swim suits - maybe $125 but for anyone who might leave behind something of more value - my advice is double check your room! I can't remember the last time I forgot something in a hotel but I guarantee it was handled more professionally than this. Do not be fooled by the CNN report on Marriott - stay at the Hilton and receive real customer service!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
mlesser, General Manager at Courtyard Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with lost and found. Your bathing suits were brought to your brother's room yesterday. There were lots of items left behind from this past weekend that were being sorted through so it took a little more time than usual.

We have a lost and found policy which generally works quite well and creates lots of good will with our customers. I am sorry this process did not go smoothly for you.

Thank You for your feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and I am glad your bathing suits were retrieved.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were in town for one week, and it was a decent stay. The hotel is located right of of US 3, so it is very convenient. However, $189 per night is way overpriced, make sure that you get the rooms for a lesser rate or it is not worth it. Service is excellent and the staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, which is why I give it a 4/5 instead of a 3/5.

Pros:
- Located right off the highway
- Near restaurants
- Good pool and fitness center
- Updated rooms
- Nice lobby
- GREAT STAFF

Cons:
- Housekeeping left a dirty towel in the room, and put the sheets on the mattresses inside-out on both beds. However, housekeepers are human, their jobs are very difficult and they do make mistakes, and little ones like this do not bother me. The room was otherwise clean.
- Didn't sleep too well for a few reasons: the A/C is very loud, and the mattresses aren't the best. One of ours had a large piece of wood under it to (I'm assuming) give it support.
- Breakfast isn't free, but this is common across the Courtyard brand, so can't mark it down for that.

Bottom line is, it is very similar to other Courtyard hotels, and we will be back IF we get a rate lower than $120, which is similar to what the Hampton Inn Nashua rate is. I have been at both the hotels and they are very similar, but the location of the Courtyard is much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank hotellover987
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were here overnight for a quick business trip. The cost was $200 and we took the suite because it was only $20 more thinking it was going to be much better. There was absolutely no view, no glasses in the bathroom to wash my mouth out, no bottled water in room. The bed was very uncomfortable,; I woke up very stiff. There were two rooms and two TVs and it was clean though. The best part was the breakfast - a nice buffet for only $12 each. I hope I don't have to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank audreylebowitz
mlesser, General Manager at Courtyard Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you found the suite very clean and the breakfast very enjoyable.

Unfortuntaely due to the design of the buiding the few suites we have do have a view of the roof. We do not put bottled water in the guest rooms but do have it availale for sale in "The Market" next to the front desk. Water glasses in the room are not kept in the bathroom but in the living area on the dresser. I am sorry that this was inconvenient for you.

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and do hope you will stay with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservations and I can reserve a room with a different view and would be happy to provide you with a couple bottles of complimentary water.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I tagged along with the hubby on this recent visit. We are platinum members so not so fond of Courtyard perks for us they are very few! No breakfast breaks no in room microwave? Spoiled by Residence Inn and concierge areas Marriotts other members. With that being said the hubby ordered an in house refrigerator that was delivered promptly by Ray. A great guy helping out superbly. He also was available to fix/ replace out remote on our third night. The facility is a bit old and dated looking but in tune with other Courtyard sites. A marketplace completely stocked. A morning buffet with a variety of breakfast items along with a made to order omelet station for approximate 14 bucks. A bit steep for us and still feel as if a platinum member should have some type of discount...what would lead us to patronize this branch of Marriott is still a mystery to me. Our decision was based strictly on logistics. The hotel has a gym which is adequate. The room was large enough, however the bed was not the greatest. We felt as if the mattress was Old School laking support with the sheets falling off upon movement? strange. A pool and hot tub. The weather gave us a nice break from the heat wave we were experiencing from Jersey which allowed us to sit on the patio. Seemed a bit odd that there was plenty of room however only two large tables to sit at in comfort. Over all a quiet stay to get plenty of work completed

Room Tip: We ask for top floor due to usual noise we hear. However we find this more in newer hotels. This hot...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EdandMags
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Nothing special about this hotel....although nothing wrong with it. Paid 100$ on Priceline and thought it was not great value for money. Pool is small, only 2 towels in bathroom, and service at bar is slow. Check in staff was friendly and room was very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
mlesser, General Manager at Courtyard Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Nashua Courtyard. I am glad you found the front desk friendly and the hotel clean.

I apologize if the bar service was slow. We typically staff based on volume but every so often can be surprised by a busy night. Extra towels are always available upon request by asking the front desk.

Once again thank you for your feedback. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Best Regards,