“I was going to buy a camper on site”

Friendly Beaver Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Boston
Friendly Beaver Campground
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This place is an overpriced over glorified trailer trash park. The way the owners treat their staff is beyond disgusting and the behavior is totally unacceptable. This poor maintenance guy for the campground was running ragged. The guy was just getting ready to punch out for lunch to show me where to go and I said no problem and that he should take his lunch. And one of the owners says. He will punch out when we say...I apologized to the guy and asked what time he started and he said 8am. I said by law its been 4 hours and you deserve a break.

I thanked him. And went on my way.... I rented a site in the Tenters section and was told that a site was for sale. I have friends that love it there so. I decided to go into office to inquire about the site and was told they were to busy to contact the owners. I then asked for one of the owners and this tall scruff looking guy said how can I help you? I said pointing, the gentleman who helped me. By law you have to give him a break, he said miss! You need to not be worried about how we run our business and staff. I stood looking at him I said well its my business to report this campground to the labor board. I was asked to leave the campground.

• Stayed: June 2013
9  Thank campingnh

Reviewed 5 August 2013

It started right from check in should have known............I put a deposit on my card wanted to pay cash when we got there they said that was no problem I found out they charged my card in full when I called to reserve!! They we get there you have to put a 10.00 deposit on a 10.00 Tiny tote of wood! They have childrens activity times and fun stuff like fire truck rides but fail to put in their brochures that you have to purchase tickets!! Nothings free they schedule! We showed up for 3 different things on their calendar of fun and had to pay you had to pay to go in and watch a twist competition for oldies night!! they will do what ever they can to get a $1.00 out of you!! The workers were getting yelled at by and old man in the middle of transactions no one made it a point to smile at you and say have a good time!! This campground is just out to make a buck not ensure your taken care of and happy!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sandy b
Reviewed 4 August 2013

everyone was helpful, the bathrooms, sites and pool areas were clean. everything I didn't have by some strange reason was available in there store. i mean practically everything(more than you could imagine). and reasonably priced.we were swimming ,biking playing kid bingo, watching the sox game in the rec hall talking to people hanging by the fire. playing basketball, running an obstacle course going on a wagon ride. and that was just one day. this is the third time we have gone here and it wont be the last.i think everyone should try the friendly beaver at least once. the most reasonable rates and kid friendly atmosphere bar none.thank you staff of friendly beaver my kids also thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is a great family campground, pools are great, (even has an indoor pool for those cold days)
Staff is very friendly and the seaonal campers are very friendly as well. Great campstore,prices are reasonable.Bathrooms are clean and modern. Activities are fun and we loved our wooded campsite. We stayed there 2 weekends in a row and they let us keep out camper there during the week. One of the best features is the late Sunday checkout. You can stay at your site if noone is checking in until 6pm and if someone is just pack it up and park it and enjoy the campground unitl 6PM
Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John731
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The staff and seasonal campers were very welcoming of us tenting weekend warriors. Of course, there were some of the trashy elements- one family in particular. But the majority of people were great and the pools were amazing. Tons of attention paid to keeping the facilities clean and offering activities. As some posters mentioned the $5 fee for wireless was a bit much, but you could go to the rec center and get on for free. Overall, a great destination!

Room Tip: If you are tenting, look for the wooded sites as in any campground.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We went on the 2 day 3rd. day free deal As mentioned before, nice pools but wi-fi at 5 bucks for use at campsite. No paper towels in bathrooms. It was raining on 2nd. day and we were at the pool and thought I would go to the gazebo for shelter as I wasn't swimming and it was locked. You have to rent them. Also when we booked the campground, they never told us that there was going to be 50 to 100 eleven-twelve year olds were going to use using the pools until 1:30p.m.... It happens once a year and as a teacher told us, its a tradition...they advertise as the friendliest campground in New England...(try Mi-Ti-Jo in Milton N.H.as that campground would win in that category)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank logger101
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Overall majority of spots are for RV and in full sun and "privacy" is not exactly what they boast. If you are going to tent it, be sure you get a wooded spot--there are a few. People seem to get up in arms about seasonal folks. The last time we went the seasonal folks were just fine but we had a less than desirable group of folks that were there for some sort of party or reunion that made the place feel a little claustrophobic and trashy (not the fault of the campground) . Staff did not exactly jump out as the Disney sort but not rude--just about what you would expect your typical interaction with a Wal-Mart employee to be. There are three pools outdoors, two seem heated but the kiddie pool which Is very nice in size and depth for kids under 4 or 5 was ice cold. I found the bathrooms to be very modern and very clean, for camping standards actually pretty impressed but the water in the shower seemed to have two temps hot or cold--and hot was very, very hot. They now rent cabanas by the pool which would be nice for a larger group. At full capacity you really need to not mind crowds by the pool, there are not that many beach chairs or places to drop your stuff, or as we found to do everything at less peak times. I think every time we went to the pool there was someone testing the water or cleaning it. We did not partake in any of the kids/family activities but I must say that it looked like everyone was having a blast doing what was going on. The playground gets super hot during summer days but it is quite nice with lots of places to climb. There were quite a few golf carts around that forgot that the roads were for both cars and pedestrians as well--but this is not the first or last place we have run into that. Overall, at a hotel the kind of activities and amenities offered would be well over $300 a night and even then you cannot know which weekends the fun, family people will be there and when it will be invaded by the Jersey Shore reunion party. I wouldn't drive any great distance to come here but if this is less than an hour or two a way and you want a nice family spot for a weekend I would give it a shot. Good luck finding the place. Try to get directions to the nearest street, and have printed directions as well as GPS because the signal can fail you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AshnaSales

Been to Friendly Beaver Campground? Share your experiences!