“Not a professional business”

Friendly Beaver Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Boston
Friendly Beaver Campground
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The rules don't apply to everyone - especially the people who work there. As a previous seasonal camper we were asked to keep our sites clean. The people who work there are not held to those standards. There is an employee who has a site across from the cabins that is probably the dirtiest site I have ever seen - and then to my surprise going by and seeing the door open and crap just piled up inside I can just imagine what is living in there besides the people. How is it that people who pay to be there are held to different standards then the people who work there??? Not only is it across from the rental cabins but it is also at the entrance to the tent sites - this is not going to set a good impression on the transients pulling in. Also they are not very respectful to their seasonal campers. They treat them as though it is a privilege to be there. They are your CUSTOMERS who are paying for a place to get away they don't need you giving them a hard time and they are keeping you in business - maybe the owners should take a management class.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank unhappy723

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This place has some things to work on. We stayed at one of the tent sites and found them to be small, hard and rocky. Although wooded, the ground was nothing more than a spot in a gravel pit. The camground facilities were ok. They have nice clean pools, one inside for cold weather or rain. The "game room" was joke city, nothing more than a half dozen video games stuffed in the corner of the laundry room. The bathrooms/showers were clean, but the showers shut off automatically and randomly and you couldn't control the temp. The staff seemed nice enough but struggled on the phone while handling the reservation. The campground itself was dusty and the seasonal sites were by and large, the epitome of trailer park trash, filthy, tacky and piled with junk. It would seem that the campground would want the seasonals to take better care of the sites and their campers/RVs. The place sends out a weird vibe. Overall we experienced nothing where I would recommend not going. Just go with keeping in mind the caveats I mentioned and decided for yourself. That said, we will not be going back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RJ s S
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This was our second visit. There were 13 of us. The staff were accommodating, friendly an helpful. The store has everything you might need or want and it is extremely reasonably priced, as well as a treat for the kids to get ice cream, slushies and treats. The pools were always clean and a great place to spend the day at relaxing by while the kids play in one of three inground pools. The bathrooms and laundry areas were clean. The only shortfall was the temperature of the shower water but it easily was overlooked as it was mid 80's all week. We all enjoyed our stay this year and look forward to our next trip. I've read other reviews and wonder what people expect out of a campground. I've been to plenty and this one is no different than most. With the exception of having four pools and a great store that sells alcohol food and whatever else you need. The Nunes family!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Solman18
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I love going to the Friendly Beaver Campground. There are so may activities for the children. The campground really focus's on family things to do. They always make sure that everyone is having a great time and are always willing to listen to anyone with a question, comment or concern. I will always recommend this campground to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank princessmom574
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This place is an overpriced over glorified trailer trash park. The way the owners treat their staff is beyond disgusting and the behavior is totally unacceptable. This poor maintenance guy for the campground was running ragged. The guy was just getting ready to punch out for lunch to show me where to go and I said no problem and that he should take his lunch. And one of the owners says. He will punch out when we say...I apologized to the guy and asked what time he started and he said 8am. I said by law its been 4 hours and you deserve a break.

I thanked him. And went on my way.... I rented a site in the Tenters section and was told that a site was for sale. I have friends that love it there so. I decided to go into office to inquire about the site and was told they were to busy to contact the owners. I then asked for one of the owners and this tall scruff looking guy said how can I help you? I said pointing, the gentleman who helped me. By law you have to give him a break, he said miss! You need to not be worried about how we run our business and staff. I stood looking at him I said well its my business to report this campground to the labor board. I was asked to leave the campground.

• Stayed: June 2013
9  Thank campingnh
Reviewed 5 August 2013

It started right from check in should have known............I put a deposit on my card wanted to pay cash when we got there they said that was no problem I found out they charged my card in full when I called to reserve!! They we get there you have to put a 10.00 deposit on a 10.00 Tiny tote of wood! They have childrens activity times and fun stuff like fire truck rides but fail to put in their brochures that you have to purchase tickets!! Nothings free they schedule! We showed up for 3 different things on their calendar of fun and had to pay you had to pay to go in and watch a twist competition for oldies night!! they will do what ever they can to get a $1.00 out of you!! The workers were getting yelled at by and old man in the middle of transactions no one made it a point to smile at you and say have a good time!! This campground is just out to make a buck not ensure your taken care of and happy!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sandy b
Reviewed 4 August 2013

everyone was helpful, the bathrooms, sites and pool areas were clean. everything I didn't have by some strange reason was available in there store. i mean practically everything(more than you could imagine). and reasonably priced.we were swimming ,biking playing kid bingo, watching the sox game in the rec hall talking to people hanging by the fire. playing basketball, running an obstacle course going on a wagon ride. and that was just one day. this is the third time we have gone here and it wont be the last.i think everyone should try the friendly beaver at least once. the most reasonable rates and kid friendly atmosphere bar none.thank you staff of friendly beaver my kids also thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris W

Been to Friendly Beaver Campground? Share your experiences!