“Not Friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hampton
Twin Tamarack Family Camping
“Not Friendly”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We just bought our camper and have been visiting different camp grounds before we settle on a seasonal location. This is definitely not the location I would choose or recommend.
The place is aweful, the staff is unwelcoming and the sites are inadequate on space and privacy.
No welcome package provided, no rules given, no activities announced. We were charged for our visit, given a map and sent on our way in the dark.
All summer we have camped at different places and this is by far the worst of all as far as cleanliness, friendliness and convenience.

• Stayed September 2012
14 Thank unicornqueen70

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Middlefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Overall we had a very nice stay at the Twin Tamarack. We were two families traveling together (4 adults; 5 children) and were happy that they accomodated our request to have our sites next to each other. We were originally disappointed with the sites -- they seemed very small and the ground was rocky. We almost went to the front desk to request new ones. And then we realized that we were the only two sites (167, 168) on this particular "road", and across from us was a huge rock that the kids immediately started climbing on. So we decided to stay, and in the end, realized the location of our sites could not have been more perfect for our party. The bathrooms are very clean. I appreciated that they put us near (but not too close) to the bathhouse. In fact, I found it very thoughtful that when I spoke with Lori while making the reservation, she asked if we needed to be close to a bathroom due to the age of our children.

The amenities were fine. The pool was very clean; they have a a nice playscape, and I saw lots of teenagers taking advantage of the "rec hall" which is actually within the office. Although, our kids mentioned that the arcade games were a bit dated.

I was not very impressed with the staff. When I called to make the reservation, Lori was great. Energetic, nice, helpful . . . and then we arrived and the woman manning the front desk was not very pleasant and actually a bit rude. For instance, when we checked in, I paid for 2 bags of ice as did the other family checking in with us. Since I finished checking in first, I grabbed 4 bags of ice, and this woman nearly stormed out the door and questioned me for taking 4 of them. Just a bad first impression. But we did not deal with the staff again really until checkout, and that went fine.

Would I return to the Twin Tamarack -- maybe. I don't have any other campgrounds in NH to compare it to and not sure it's the best one out there. But overall, we had a very good experience and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank colbs714
Orland, Maine
Reviewed 18 August 2012

First of all, the "beach" is smaller than the rv site we had. Oh, by the way, the "beach" - you have to cross a very dangerous road to get there. Route 104 is a major throughway from route 93 to Meredith, NH. So you have to drive across this main road to get to this crap beach. And don't bring your wave runner if it is less than a 3 seater, it isn't allowed. Why? Yet when we called for reservations, they said you could have it on the lake.
To many rules, to many speed bumps. I understand protecting the children, we had out two year old granddaughter with us, but the speed bumps did nothing to slow down speeders. Signs around the area give the message and fewer speed bumps are less harmful to our vehicles.
No, this place is a waste of time and money. We couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank Sandra P

Travellers are raving about these New Hampton hotels

Claremont, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Tent Camping - Sites were somewhat close together with limited to no free firefood
laying around. So either bring your own, or buy some on your way there. Site 148
and 149 were two of the best sites there.

Bathrooms - Amazingly clean with free showers.

Pool & Hot Tub - Very well maintained and enjoyable

Lake - Across the road, but for a small lake was clean and fun to swim and canoe in,
with a neat itsland in the middle to explore.

Atmosphere - Was slightly loud but around midnight it quited down a bunch when the
campfires went out. Waking up at 3am to use the bathroom, I found the campsite to
be as silent and still as a tomb. Was very peaceful.

Overall - My girlfriend and I went here and had an amazing time.
It's defintily a good place to stay when your looking for a place to relax in the
woods, but would like to have the option for activities and fun. It's a definite
place to check out in the area.

Room Tip: Tent Camping SItes 148 and 149 were the best
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2012

our site was on the little stream.. Very happy we chose to stay here.. that we booked another weekend for a couple of weeks from now. and plan on atleast 1 weekend a next year. I noticed that our site had been raked and cleaned befor we got there. the Bathrooms (porapotties) were conveinently located through out the campground. and noticed maintained 2 times during my 3 day stay.. the bathrooms are really cute notty pine doors and maintained daily. free HOT showers.. no pushing buttons or adding quarters. they partole the campground it seems all night. although after midnight I really wouldn't know. But it did make me feel a bit safer. quiet time is at 10pm we did have some campers being very loud.. til about 12am But when the patrolers went around they seemed to know and quieted down.til the golf cart went by. Doesn't matter where you go theres always going to be loud people.. so I cant fault the camp for this. I also didn't complain as I sleep like a brick anyway. Monday... we stayed late and noticed all the maintenance being done to all the sites. lawn mowing, sites being cleaned and raked. potties again being cleaned. Saturday night they had activities.. sounded like fun but we just stayed at our site. staff and owners seemed very nice..helpful.. I can't complain really. only slight complaint would be the pool.. It's not ment for small children.. but the park is very cute.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msnmax
Narragansett, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This campground's facilities were not clean. I was disgusted by the bathrooms and did not want to use them. There seemed to be a lot of seasonals & most of them did not like other people. It was like a turf war, which is not something I can be bothered with when I am trying to relax. The seasonals seemed to have free run of the campground-a few worked there & were not very nice. Other employees were helpful, so I guess it depends who was working when a question arose. The pool here is small and was not very well maintained. There could have been more seating around the pool as well. A lot of the people were white trash. My site was actually located on a boulder! This made it extremely difficult to set up my camper. The roads are very narrow, adding to the difficulty of setting up, as it made it difficult to back in.

Room Tip: It depends on what a person likes.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Leigh C
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My boyfriend & I have been going to Twin Tamarack for four years now. I chose this place at random, and the choice couldn't have been better. It was the first year for Laurie & John owning the campground, and they have done a great job. The rates are very reasonable, the customer service is excellent, and the grounds are clean. The restrooms & showers have always been kept clean and well-stocked. The cabins have been well-maintained. They had put in a brand new grill on our cabin site this year.
We will be back to enjoy Twin Tamarack each year. Evidently, many people feel this way, as we see the same camping neighbors back each year as well. We've never had a problem with the noise levels at night, and they have employees who monitor the grounds throughout the evening to ensure that everyone is quiet late in the evenings.
The location is perfect! Just off the highway and with the convenience of stores & coffee shops very close by.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Sanbornton
Nutmeg Inn
Nutmeg Inn
#2 of 6 in Meredith

Been to Twin Tamarack Family Camping? Share your experiences!