“Not fancy but excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairway Motel

Fairway Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New London
Fairway Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New London
USA
“Not fancy but excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel looks like your typical roadside hotel from the 1950's or 1960's, and it is. But it delivered excellent value, was clean, and the woman who ran it and lived here was nice. If you come to the Fairway expecting a Marriott you'll be disappointed. The breakfast isn't much, store bought packaged danish and coffee. I skipped the danish and had the coffee, there are other breakfast places close by in New London. For me, the Fairway delivered what I expected and I liked its simplicity.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank clarkstown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New Brunswick, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

It's hard for me to "rate" these places because what am I comparing it to? This place is a classic moteI, very simple -- not a five star hotel, but also not priced like a five star hotel. So for the kind of place it is, in the area where it is I am giving it four stars. I marked sleep quality average because, as with most motels of this type, the walls are thin, and one night my husband was awakened by people talking in the next room. However, mostly it wasn't a problem -- and we were there three nights for a family event. Compared to other options in the area it was less expensive, the pool was in a nice setting and reasonable size, The beds were quite good, the room was clean in general (a few dead flies in the windowsills -- this is the country -- )but I walked barefoot in the room and the floor felt clean. There were windows that could open at either end of the room and in the bathroom -- Wi-fi was slow and there was no coffee maker or frig in the room, but there was coffee available in the morning by the front desk (maybe longer, I don't know) and a microwave that I assume we could have used. Plenty of ice in the ice machine.

Room Tip: Maybe one at the far end #14 -- would be quietest -- it looked like there was a closet between it an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RutheF
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed at the motel in April while my son stayed at a nearby college. I was looking for an inexpensive, no frills, 1 night stay. The price was low, & I wasn't expecting a lot, but I have to say I was pretty shocked when I arrived. There is no lobby, just a front room where the owner/mngr lives. The motel is VERY outdated - like from the 60's. The room was hot & there were 8 large black houseflies buzzing in the windows. I went down & asked for a flyswatter or paper, but she didn't have either, so she gave me paper towels to kill them. The room itself was large, with a tiny/closet-like bathroom. The tv & bed were both nice. The couch looked old & dirty, as did the small table & chairs in the room (I was afraid to put my things on them). There were 5 or 6 dead flies in the closet. The bed itself looked clean & was very comfortable. In the morning I went to use the blow-dryer in the bathroom & there was a large bug on it. There was another of the same type of bug on the floor between the door & the small fridge - it was pretty gross. I was told there was a continental breakfast of coffee & pastries. Yes, there was coffee, but the "pastries" were small, pre-packaged from like a gas station. My son will be attending the nearby college for the next 4 yrs, but I will never stay here again. I feel really bad giving a small mom & pop type of business a bad review, but I would not stay here again, & do not feel right recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jill D
York, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Born and raised in the area and now live in SC. Never even noticed the place before. Was visiting family this passed weekend and found this hotel online. Great stay, clean room, cozy, and a very comfortable bed. Has a fairly large in ground pool that I would assume will be open when it warms up considerably. First weekend in May we still had frost ;)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

While visiting the New London area last night, I chose to stay at this little motel because of the positive reviews here on TA. I now add my own. Aptly named, this small property is located on Route 11, adjacent to the Lake Sunapee Country Club. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by friendly manager Dawn and her friendly dog Bailey. My room was small and basic but immaculate. The heater worked very well on this cold Nee England night. This motel reminds me of other very-well-maintained but older NH properties such as Barton's Motel in Laconia. It is located about a five minute ride away from "downtown" New London and Colby-Sawyer College and the Lake Sunapee/Mount Sunapee area is about a fifteen minute trip.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed at this cute little typical New England motel for 2 nights at the end of August while visiting family in New London. This is a perfect little motel to spend a couple of nights while hiking or shopping or just enjoying the New England air. It's located on the Lake Sunapee golf club, has a nice little built in pool, and a great location to take a morning walk. PLUS the coffee in the morning is delicious. They leave out "pastries" which are pre-packaged and we didn't indulge in them as we enjoyed going into town for breakfast after our coffee and walk.
The beds are comfy, the room is clean and the bathroom small but functional.
We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ellesor826
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH (about 30 minutes away) and really wished we would have stayed for longer! The area is very scenic, quaint and green with mountains, downtown New London and Lake Sunapee for a boat ride tour. The 10 minute walk to the golf course and country club was also very nice. The upstairs room inside was spacious, spotlessly clean, roomy, nicely decorated, updated, and had a very comfortable bed. The air condition worked well and it was very quiet. There was a decent size closet, small refrigerator and an extra cot in the room as well. There was a newly installed flat-screen TV with satellite channels (however no ESPN). The bathroom while not too big, was functional and clean. Danishes and coffee were provided every morning. We hope to be back soon because this was a great location and value for the area. Truly a hidden secret that deserves recognition!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee
Inn at Pleasant Lake
Inn at Pleasant Lake
#1 of 6 in New London

Been to Fairway Motel? Share your experiences!