“Nice location, walk to their swim site on Little Sunapee Lake”
Review of Maple Hill Farm

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New London
Maple Hill Farm
Ranked #4 of 6 New London B&B and Inns
Maine
“Nice location, walk to their swim site on Little Sunapee Lake”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We came in the early summer and the place was quiet. Walked past their gardens to the swim spot on the lake, very rural but just off the highway. Rooms are a little plain but nice bathrooms, lots (and lots) of sitting rooms, TV (Bruins fans) room, dining room. Very friendly owners lent us a hiking map and we had a wonderful hike nearby. Then on the way back went to a bog trail about 1/4mile from the Inn. Really interesting boardwalk (a bit unstable) into a huge bog with lots of interesting sites described in a brochure. Nice choice of breakfast, we had blueberry pancakes with local syrup but I couldn't resist adding an egg from their hens.

Room Tip: Nice for cross country skiing or snowshoeing in the winter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank middleagedtraveler53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bow, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at this wonderful place on a very snowy night and I didn't want to drive 40 minutes to get home so I stayed here. The owner made me feel very welcomed! It looked like my grandmothers house with a heated wood stove and hard wood floors! I settled into my room which had a good size bed and my own bathroom and shower. After a nice warm shower I got my pajama's and bathrobe on and went into the living room and watch television. I had the whole place to myself and felt like I was at my own home! The owner poked his head in a couple of times to ask me if he could get anything for me! The next morning he went out and brushed snow off all of the car and shoveled the walkway for us. I would recommend this cozy place! I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: I had a room in the front of the house which I thought it would be loud with traffic, however the ow...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank donna c
Pembroke, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed over for a night with the whole family, Good food, warm rooms and beds. Nice family atmosphere. Very clean we would definatly stay there again and we will. Close to Mount Sunapee Ski resort. Good with Animals and Pets. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Provitom
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I felt like I was in my grandparents home - the way one would imagine it should be! I was spending 2 nights at this spot - sight unseen - because it was my 50th Colby Sawyer Reunion. I was so pleased and felt right at home. The owners made me feel 100% welcome and did every thing possible to make me happy. The cats curled on the easy rockers in front of the wood fire places, the warm greeting of the dogs, and the wonderful smells from the large efficent kitchen told me I was home. My room was so clean and tastefully decorated in the style of an old farmhome. There were afgans spread neatly near the overstuffed chairs but the bathrooms were totally updated. My bed was warm and welcoming at the end of the day. The breakfast was wonderful - I had homebaked apples with homemade bread and jam.
I am anxiously looking forward to returning and taking another walk to the lake and exploring the surrounding trails. They even have an outdoor hot tub under the stars!

Room Tip: I am old fashioned and like the rooms with its own bathroom
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CarolCris H
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This place is clean, cozy, and warm. The staff is welcoming, helpful and friendly. The farmhouse is over 100 years old and is charming with some of its original furniture. There is a lake and kayaks for guest use just behind the house. It's near Colby Sawyer College. It has wifi, cable tv, games, LPs and CDs. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingK222
Bella Vista
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Stayed for two nights - great family running the place, very casual. Was left alone when I wanted to be. Dennis makes the best blueberry pancakes and I had eggs fresh from the chicken outside the kitchen door. The pets are wonderful and friendly, Will and Helene, the kids, are gracious as well. Would to back again.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank pepper5Maryland
Stowe, Vermont
Reviewed 19 December 2008

I did not actually stay at the Maple Hill Farm B&B, but stopped there while returning to Vermont from a business meeting in Maine. We were two desperate housewives trying to get home to our families, but contending with the aftermath of an ice storm in New Hampshire that left almost the entire state without power. No power means no gas stations and we had only fumes left in the car's tank. To make matters worse, cell phone service was down as well, so if we ran out of gas we had no way to call for help. Noticing a light at the Maple Hill Farm, we pulled into the driveway to see if there was power in the area. The inn's owner explained that he had power only because he had a generator, so we were still not going to find an operational gas station. "Not to worry," he said. He had two canisters of gasoline that he poured into the car's tank. It was enough to get us to a location a few miles down the interstate that had working gas stations. The owner of Maple Hill Farm could not have been more gracious and helpful. And on top of it all....he would not accept a penny in return. He was a friend, indeed, when one was most needed. I don't even know his name, but cannot say enough good things about him.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
#1 of 2 in Henniker
The New London Inn
The New London Inn
#2 of 6 in New London

Been to Maple Hill Farm? Share your experiences!