“Trip to Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newbury
Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Newbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast. The breakfast was great. Linda and George are great inn keepers and asked us when we wanted to eat breakfast each day. We stayed a total of 2 days. The porch is wonderful. There are 3 bedrooms upstairs and each has its bath and porch. The bathroom was very clean and up to date. I would of wished the room had an air conditioner, but the ceiling fan and opened windows worked well for us. The back yard is very relaxing and beautiful. I would definitely stay here again. The inn is close to a "major" street and during the morning areas there was some noise from the traffic yet at night it was very quiet.

Room Tip: We were very happy with the " Starry Night " room - it is on the 2nd floor and in the back...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
MollysMomNewburyNH, Owner at Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you, Nathan, for your kind review. George and I so enjoyed our first guests from Oklahoma and hope that the rest of your travels in New England were enjoyable.
Linda

There are newer reviews for Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We enjoyed a delightful three day stay here in June to celebrate our anniversary... delicious breakfasts, fruit from the garden, a large bedroom and bath, a flower-filled deck overlooking Mt. Sunapee. Many thanks to our very gracious hosts for everything. Sunapee View ranks at the top of our Bed and Breakfast list.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryEllen143
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I made reservations with the owner George, the owner, in January to hold three rooms for our wedding in August and sent him a deposit as per his request. The rooms would be held util July 1st. He said, and at that time if they were not reserved by our guests they would be released to the general public. I agreed...by the way, thats how every other B&B and Inn in the area dealt with us as well....Not a problem. His wife, Linda called yesterday, April 13, and said that someone else wanted the rooms we had reserved for August since our guests had not made their reservations yet. I told her that the invitations for our wedding had not even GONE OUT YET but I'm sure as soon as they do our guests would call and make their reservations. She gave me lame excuse after lame excuse so we just decided to cancel our reservation with them. I have heard some negative things about problems other people have had with this B&B and I'm very happy that our guests will not be staying there. We are local and that's NOT the way neighbors treat neighbors !

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NHARTIST
MollysMomNewburyNH, Owner at Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

George and I feel very badly about the misunderstanding that resulted in your requesting to cancel your reservation for your special event. Clearly both parties had a different impression of the verbal interaction that occurred last January when you visited the inn. We have learned a valuable lesson that even with friends and neighbors, we will clarify dates and expectations in writing so there is no confusion and disappointment later. We notice that you have not yet cashed the check that we returned to you on April 13. Please let us know if you have not received it.

We would have loved to have been your home away and wish you peace and joy on your special day.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I was in the area to visit an old friend and to learn to ski at Mt. Sunapee. Without a doubt, this is the nicest B&B I've ever stayed at. It appears to be newly renovated and is very well kept. Linda and George perfectly played the fine line between being helpful and friendly and giving privacy to their guests. The breakfast was wonderful each morning, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cheese and crackers in the afternoon and homemade cookies in the evening. The room was clean and had a lovely view. We enjoyed the common areas as well: sitting area with a fireplace and another sitting area with TV and books. I told my friend that if she ever has guests staying in the area that I highly recommend that they stay at the Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: Watch the video on their website. It is an accurate depiction of their 3 available rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly C
MollysMomNewburyNH, Owner at Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you so much for your nice review Theresa! We loved having you both stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the summer.
Linda

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is now the third year that six of us have settled into the Sunapee View B&B for our New Year's celebration and we are looking forward to returning again next year. Linda and George are wonderful hosts, very warm and welcoming, and the rooms and common spaces are cozy and inviting with beautiful views of Lake Sunapee. The delicious aromas coming from the kitchen lured us downstairs each morning for Linda's delicious breakfasts. Make sure you try the ginger pancakes, the baked pears with cinnamon and the basil fritatta- amazing!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank linda a
Reviewed 12 November 2012

George and Linda are so welcoming and Linda is a wonderful chef - don't go with a small appetite. Perfect place for a retreat. Comfortable, well decorated rooms. Great views from individual rooms and deck. Warm and cozy fireplace. The previous reviews that have been written provide an accurate description of our experience this past weekend.

Room Tip: If you like a large shower the Mountain Mist room has a two person shower with multiple shower heads...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I did not spend the night here, but I liked it so much I want to write a review. We had a special lunch for our local group at the Sunapee View B&B on a fall weekday (not sure if they do this regularly), and it was a beautiful spot for it. Cozy dining room fit our group perfectly, and the food was delicious (artichoke boursin soup with sweet potato puffs, three kinds of quiche, distinctive roasted butternut squash salad, apple cranberry crisp). The hosts were very welcoming. I wish I could have another sweet potato puff right now! Very close to The Fells historic site--you could walk there for a tour or just to walk around the grounds, and close to Mt. Sunapee for skiing or Lake Sunapee and New London beaches for summer trips. I would enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbury
The Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee
#1 of 2 in Bradford
Burkehaven Lodge
Burkehaven Lodge
#1 of 1 in Sunapee

Been to Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!