“A great few days!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newbury
Blue Goose Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Newbury B&B and Inns
southport
“A great few days!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I loved staying at the Blue Goose Inn. The rooms were really nice, the bed was comfortable and the breakfasts were awesome!! Ron and Margaret are so friendly and helpful. I completely enjoyed my three days there and will absolutely go back!

Room Tip: I choose the room that had the little seating area and television. I also had my own entrance.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nadine s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My Dad and I had the pleasure of staying at the Blue Goose Inn in early May for two nights. We had the two rooms on the main floor and they were both spacious with wonderful beds! Ron and Margaret are delightful hosts ---very welcoming and accommodating. Breakfasts were delicious! Next time I'm in the area, I'll definitely stay there!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank colliegirl2001
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We enjoyed a lovely one-night stay at Ron & Margeret's lovely Inn, which is located at the bottom of Mt. Sunapee's access road. The place is immaculate, with a country flair that is subtlety disrupted by touches of modern interior design especially in the bedrooms. The owners really care about their place and the comfort of their guests. We stayed in the suite and my only complaint is that the mattress in the master bedroom was starting to sag, which was not so comfortable. But the rest of our stay certainly made up for this little detail.

Room Tip: Avoid the Salt Hill Pub in Newport, NH. We found a menu in the Inn and it was pretty bad.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We came up to Mt. Sunapee for a weekend of skiing with friends. After doing a little bit of searching online for a place that was close to the mountain and that could accomodate all of us, we came across the Blue Goose Inn. We are really glad we did. We had arrived that first day early and skied all day before checking in so we were pretty tired by the time we arrived at Blue Goose. We were welcomed to the Inn by the owners Ron and Margaret and they were very nice and immediately offered us a drink and a snack. They showed us around the property and to our rooms which were very clean and well appointed. The Inn had a peaceful vibe to it and was very comfortable for us. The real shining star though is the breakfast that Ron whips up. Very hearty and delicious, it probably was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at a B&B. A perfect start to another great day on the slopes at Sunapee. We will be going back to the Blue Goose and I recommend it to anyone looking for a terrific stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have stayed with Ron & Margaret on a regular basis over the last year - I am one of the rare folks who come through the area on business. They know how to treat you right, the rooms are well appointed and the breakfasts are simply wonderful!
Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Natick, MA
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This was our second stay with Ron and Margaret at the Blue Goose Inn. My daughter, husband and I stayed in the Bean Goose Suite on the first floor -- comfortable accomodations with a separate entrance, a large bathroom with tub, and electric fireplace to add to the ambiance. Best of all it was a straight shot to the kitchen for Margaret and Ron's masterpiece breakfasts and the porch area for afternoon snacks! To celebrate the New Year we fueled up on homemade cranberry applesauce with mint garnish, a delicious blueberry buckle that Margaret baked the night before (why did I take only one piece?), a tasty tomato and cheese frittata, and orange juice and coffee (I chose a decaf Caribou blend piping hot from their Keurig brewer) while watching (well fed!) wild turkeys in the side yard. As always our hosts made every attempt to make our stay enjoyable. We left as Margaret was whipping up a batch of brownies for that afternoon. A great way to start 2013 -- highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Bean Goose suite can accomodate 3 guests and has a large walk-in closet and electric fireplace.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
01915
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Blue Goose Inn. Margaret and Ron were very welcoming and hospitable. Comfy room and terrific bath. Great breakfast and even afternoon tea and treats. We plan on staying here in the winter as well for skiing. The location is perfect for Sunapee Mountain and Sunapee Harbor. It was priced right. What more could you want?

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbury
The Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee
#1 of 2 in Sunapee
Rosewood Country Inn
Rosewood Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Bradford

Been to Blue Goose Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!