“The only choice in town”

Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newbury
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for one night during February school vacation week. The town is a one horse town. There was no lunch served anywhere except Mt Sunapee ski resort. The hotel only serves dinner, and service is on the slow side. The room is large with standard time share kitchenette and pull out sofa. I have to keep on waking up during the night to turn on the timed fireplace heater, since the rooms are rather cold or not insulated very well during a particularly wintry day. Pool and hot tub is nice after a long cold ski day. The only complaint is the lack of food choices. Definitely needs better lodging choices in Mt Sunapee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Apart from the fact that they don't serve food during the off season but that there is a store close by, this place has everything you need, Our room was bigger than our London apartment. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen well equipped, the shower hot and it had extra clothes hanging space in the hall. It was only $3.50 to get a load of laundry washed and dried using their machines downstairs. Can't criticise it.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a nice resort with well kept units. We went for a ladies spa weekend. Our facials by Elizabeth were amazing and extremely relaxing. It would be nicer if they improved the waiting room experience. The wicker furniture is not really very comfortable. The pool was nice but a little chilly. We had dinner at the tavern which was cozy but had a limited menu. I recommend this resort for a nice stay near Lake Sunapee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I arrived without a reservation badly needing some R&R.
The front desk person, Joseph M., could not have been nicer or more helpful. I was traveling alone and really needed to feel safe AND have peace and quiet. Since the place was pretty deserted for a Monday off-season, I had my pick of rooms, which Joseph was more than happy to show me 3-4 and then let me choose which room I liked best.

I chose Rm #319 on the third floor, which had a small kitchen with some appliances and cutlery/dishes, a large bathroom with tub, gas fireplace, one bedroom with a queen bed and a den. more than enough room.
Joseph then provided me with toothbrush and paste/comb/shampoo/conditioner, directions to the nearest supermarket and drugstore, phone number for the massage therapist if I needed it and the local grocery store.

My only negative comment would be that there was a very large bright light outside of the bedroom window to light the outside stairwell, shining directly at the bed. The shades were not enough to keep the light out and since I am the type of person that needs total darkness, this made it a little difficult for me to get to sleep. But, this is my ONLY complaint. Room darkening shades in the bedrooms would be appreciated.

But again, Joseph was so helpful sweet, pleasant and kind. He could tell by my haggard demeanor that I was not lying when I said I needed some rest! Customer service is not dead here and even though it has been months since my visit, I knew that I had to write this review for this resort.(And I had promised Joseph that I would, it just took me awhile...you're the BEST, Joesph!!)

I was not there long enough to enjoy the spa or the pools but the entire place and the grounds were very clean and well maintained.

Highly recommend this great spot!

Room Tip: Third floor end is always best :-) Nice view of the mountains
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I have been to Mountain Edge several times, in fact, we like it so much, we bought a time share there. Our most recent stay was disrupted when our traveling companions had a family emergency. As usual, the staff bent over backward, to help. Tom even offered to drive our friends to the nearest airport to pick up a rental car. The resort is comfortable and clean. You are never just shown were your room is. You get a complete explanation as to where every thing is and how to access what you might need or want.
Also, go visit the spa, I had one of the best massages I've ever had, well worth it.
Going to Mountain Edge Resort & Spa is a little like returning home, because that's the way you are treated there, just like family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We arrived Saturday morning around 10am and were greeting with a friendly staff member who moved our room so we were able to check in early. The room was spotless and the kids loved the pool. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I drove up @ 7am to beat the storm yesterday from Boston to Sunapee for the fresh snow and had the nerve to ask the front desk clerk, "how early is too early for early check-in." She smiled and said, "you can early check in now." Thank you Felicia! Please remember I went on a Thursday/Friday, Feb 13/14th, when the resort was quiet prior to vacation week, otherwise I would never ask. Other hotels wouldn't care if the room was empty and would never let you check in that early. Then the next morning I came out to find my car in 18" of fresh powder - yippee! But, was plowed in - ugh. I asked another manager what could he do and he asked Tom, who was removing snow from the front entrance to dig me out, and within ten minutes I was on my way to enjoy the fresh powder runs! Great friendly service. Dave @ the front desk should get a mention also, I'm glad you enjoyed my homemade soup :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank M B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbury
Sunapee Lake Lodge
#1 of 3 in Sutton
Rosewood Country Inn
Rosewood Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Bradford

Been to Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee? Share your experiences!