“Great Italian Food!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
North Hampton
“Great Italian Food!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I'm Italian and when I want Italian I go to Momma D's. I love the combination dinners. I always take home half my dinner.

• Visited July 2013

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great service and terrific food!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Our last dinner at Momma D's was terrific! Our waiter was great - very personable, and his knowledge of the menu and ingredients was much appreciated. He checked us on several times to make sure we had everything we needed, so we didn't lack for anything. Our food was delicious, served nice and hot, and we had plenty left over for another meal. My husband had Seafood Marinara, which he really enjoyed, and I had a veal dish that was delicious. We'll definitely be back again!

• Visited July 2013
Somersworth, New Hampshire
“Great personal attention and service”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Once again, a great experience. Soup was hot, and our meals were just right! Excellent and friendly server.

Ira Vermont
“OLD WORLD STYLE ITALIAN FARE,AS IT SHOULD BE!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My Wife and I were at the coast for a mini vacation and were looking for a break from seafood when we spotted Moma D's from the highway,so we decided to take a chance.
First let me say that if you like the food at the major Italian chain restaurant(the rules prevent me from naming it) you may not have what it takes to appreciate the food here. This is the real deal,real Italian,slow cooked from old family recipes. How do I know this? My Grandmother was from Italy and my Mother learned to cook from her,so I grew up eating this kind of food.
We started out with the antipasto for two which was huge and delicious with the house dressing and then for the main course, my Wife had the chicken marsala which she's still raving about and I had the penne(it used to be called ziti) with sausage and peppers. I must say it was like going back in time,it was as good as what my Mother made,not exactly the same but without a doubt,real Italian food.The portions were large enough for us to bring home and have for dinner the next night.
Our waiter, Mike was there with our beverages and food as if on que. Not hovering or in our face,yet there when we needed something. He made a great dining experience all the better!!
Also the dining room with raised sections on the outer areas(where we were seated allowed us a really neat view of the entire dining room with the fireplace at one end. Sinatra and Como music playing softly in the background made for an unforgettable experience. I would highly recommend coming here if you would like to experience real Italian food and take a break from the chains. When we go back to the coast Mama D's will be on our short list for sure!!!

2 Thank BIGBLOCK54
Rye, New Hampshire
“plenty of good food”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We went there for lunch the other day,great service and the food was piled high,bring an appetite.The Egg Parm was made the correct way,baked not deep fried,they had me at the Egg Parm.Very reasonable prices.Bought 3 dishes to take home(buy 2 get 1 free),we'll be back.