“My new favorite coffee joint. Try the Tuscan Breakfast latte!”

Crackskull's Coffee & Books
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Newmarket
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Since I work in Newmarket now, Crackskulls has become a prominent fixture for all my coffee needs. The baristas there are friendly and prompt, and they use Torani syrups! (My favorite!)

I haven't tried the coffee yet but the lattes I've gotten have been some of the best. The Tuscan Breakfast is one of my favorites. I've tried it with both regular and almond milk (I found that the almond milk brings out the almond flavoring in the latte itself). I also love their chai lattes. They will put cinnamon on top if you want, which is a nice touch.

If you get there early for breakfast, try a strawberry cream cheese stuffed croissant! It's so delicious and has just enough filling! Their cinnamon coffee cake muffin is a safe bet,
too.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I live about .2 miles from a Dunkin Donuts and if I had one more tasteless cup of coffee from there I was going to shoot myself. We stopped by Crackskulls on Saturday after leaving our daughter's soccer game in Exeter to grab a coffee. He got a mocha latte hot, I got one cold and they were both delicious! So much so that we went back the next day for the same thing! The people there were super nice and they had a great selection of grab and go food and coffee types. I'm not sure if they have a more extensive menu than just bagels and pastries - I didn't really look. But I know I wanted to break my low carb eating for one of those yummy looking bagels! GO HERE. Skip the mass produced garbage that DD is becoming. I will be back.
Oh, PS - there is a great selection of low cost books and a nice children's section too.

1  Thank Carla_in_Boston
Reviewed 19 February 2014

As soon as you walk in the door at Crackskull’s Coffee & Books, you smell the coffee. It's a very welcoming, comforting greeting.

Crackskull’s is just what one would expect of a bookstore café and more! It features fabulous coffee from award-winning Port City Coffee Roasters in Portsmouth.

The atmosphere is homey. In the front, there are several tables and chairs, two armchairs in the front window, and the newest addition---a couch. The racks and racks of used books in good condition are toward the rear.

There are two guitars hanging on the walls. A bookcase near the couch has board games such as Scrabble and Boggle.

It’s a perfect place to flip through a coffee table book while enjoying a cup of coffee or latte and perhaps indulge in a muffin or other baked item. Although the bagels and muffins looked good, I did not have one.

On my visit, I browsed the book racks first. Within a minute, I found a book of interest. It was a very large coffee table book titled “African Animal Kingdom: A Visual Celebration” by Kit Coppard. Since it had photos from the African National Parks, it was good book for me to begin preparing for a trip to Africa in 2015 or 2016. I flipped through all the pages of the book while enjoying a medium decaf coffee. The book was in excellent condition. The original price was $24.95. Crackskull's price was $8.00. I bought it.

While I was there, several regular locals stopped in for coffee. Several used their laptops so apparently Crackskull’s has Wi-Fi.

The staff and most of the patrons are friendly.

Crackskull’s has Special Event Nights. Acoustic Music/Open Mic Night is from 7:00 - 9:00 PM on the second Tuesday of the month. Prose & Poetry Night is from 6:30 - 8:00 PM on the first Tuesday of the month.

I’ve just added Crackskull’s my List of Preferred Coffee Shops.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

1  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This place is terrific! Such a welcoming and warm environment in a wonderful small town on the Seacoast. It's a great place to enjoy some amazing baked goods and delicious coffee and socialize with the wonderful newmarket locals and staff. There are a ton of books to browse and buy at great prices while you're there. I love it :)

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I've been frequenting this coffee shop & more since I moved to Newmarket in 2005. The owner Michelle is awesome. Very cordial, respectful and just an overall friendly person. I only go for the ice coffee. They have a special flavor of the day that I always go for. Could be Irish cream, coconut, tiramisu or other. The fresh muffins in the morning are also very delightful. I highly recommend this place when visiting Newmarket.