“Great place to stay!”
Review of Newport Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newport
Newport Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 29 October 2011

A friend of mine and I stayed at the Newport Motel on October 7th & 8th 2011. We went to New Hampshire from Maine to visit covered bridges. We found New Hampshire a beautiful place to visit with some of the most gorgeous covered bridges and very friendly residents. The Newport Motel was great place to stay. It was clean, cozy and very accommodating. The owners were very friendly and made me feel right at home. If I'm ever in that area again I will definitely stay there. Thank you, Bob & Rita for your hospitality!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MainegirL1952
There are newer reviews for Newport Motel

Reviewed 8 August 2011

An independently-owned traditional motel: Friendly, simple, safe, clean, a firm mattress and strong wireless. Easy driving distance to Camp Coniston, our destination on this visit. Will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Camper52
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Friendly and accommodating staff. Quiet. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We stayed here twice for ski days at Mount Sunapee. The first time, we checked into our room and the heat never came on. The owners kindly moved us to a bigger, more expensive room (at no additional cost) that had heat.

The rooms are all clean, if not a little dated. The rooms had everything one would need, including free wifi. The smaller rooms have wood panelling, which, while being a bit dated, is quaint. The bigger rooms are a bit more sparse, but have a ton of space and eat have a folding roll away bed.

The owners are very nice and the continental breakfast they serve is better than that at most chain hotels. Instead of getting pre-packaged muffins and bagels, they had homemade muffins and fresh store-bought bagels and english muffins.

The location is perfect for Mount Sunapee. It's only about a 5-10 minute drive to the mountain at a fraction of the cost of the hotels closer, and it's closer to Newport, giving better access to restaurants and convenience stores. I have added this motel to my list of places to stay in New Hampshire for ski trips. It's definitely where I'll be going when I ski Sunapee.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We found out about this motel from Tripadvisor and we certainly weren't disappointed! The owners (Bob and Rita) are the NICEST people and go out of their way for everyone who stays there. In the morning we had our choice of coffee, tea or hot chocolate and our choice of english muffins, bagels, muffins or other home-baked goods for free. The wireless signal in our room (room 110) was perfect. We would HIGHLY recommend this CLEAN motel for anyone who wants a nice place with nice people and for a great price. We paid $65/night on Columbus Day weekend while all other hotels in the area were MUCH higher. You won't go wrong here!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ntrtainr
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Clean, quiet, reasonably priced. Enjoyed complimentary popcorn and hot chocolate for evening snack, and continental breakfast. Will definitely stay there again when traveling in that area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Newport Motel! I only stayed for two nights but would definitely come back and stay longer.
The owner made you feel welcome right away and had some good tips on where to go and what to do.
Breakfast was great! There were bagels, homemade muffins, coffee, OJ and lots of other things to give you a good start for the day! :)
The rooms were very clean and there was nothing that could have been better.
The location is good, too. I just went out for day trips and the area around the motel is just beautiful
It's a shame that I'm from Germany and that I won't be able to come back that soon - but if I do, I'll definitely stay at the Newport Motel again!
Thanks so much for a great time in Newport! :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank AmeriMehri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Sunapee Lake Lodge
Burkehaven Lodge
Burkehaven Lodge
#1 of 1 in Sunapee
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee

Been to Newport Motel? Share your experiences!