See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2017

This was a nice hotel with an owner that really cares about the property. Romms were pretty clean and our bathroom was nicely remodeled. The room was serviced each day Rooms had a mini fridge and microwave, and the heat was fine for the winter too. It was convenient, even though it was in an 'industrial" area. There is some 'mustiness' in the room (sent my wife's allergies off..) I struggled with rating this, but given the price was higher than I'd expect in that area for that time of year, I gave it three stars. If you can get a good motel price, maybe it's a better value

Room Tip: get away from the main room, but only if it's a remodeled room
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Being from Newport we were plesantly surprised when visiting and staying here. Owned by a lovely couple the room was clean and neat. Homemade muffinsa dn coffee in the lobby were a nice treat. I would recommend staying here if in the area. reasonably priced, friendly staff, close to activities and clean.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

The staff is kind and helpful. The room was clean and cozy with a comfortable bed. AC, mini-fridge, microwave, ice bucket, basic amenities all included. Loved the pool, outside BBQ, and horseshoe pit.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelli M
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I can't say enough about this motel except to begin with, clean clean clean! Quiet and the owner, Mary Anne is just so nice.
You won't get breakfast in bed , but you will get a fridge and microwave and juice etc in the office if you choose.
The pet policy is very fair and again, clean!!!
We have been to several motels recently and you cannot beat this motel for hospitality, cleanliness and friendliness.
Just beyond pleased with this motel, our second stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stroll A
Reviewed 12 June 2016

We are heading to the area for a family function, and booked two rooms for a night two weeks ago. They had the most reasonable rate, they seemed friendly and competent, and we could book for one night - I gave them my CC information and made the reservation. Today, I received a call and was informed they did not have our rooms available as they had overbooked, and they had no options other than cancelling us - and now we are stuck. Other places we looked at two weeks ago either have no availability now, or demand a two night minimum - meaning our $169 night has become a $500 night. This hotel might fine - we will never know - they really disappointed us and left us in a lurch. They get a terrible rating because the number one requirement in the lodging business is to provide lodging, and to meet your obligations to your clientele, In this case, they failed on both.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank MassHouse
Maryann_Branin, Owner at Newport Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Dear Mr H.
I sincerely apologize again for overbooking on the weekend you wanted to stay. As soon as I saw the mistake, I notified you so that you would be able to make other arrangements. Newport Motel is a small economy motel and less expensive than many others in the area, so I understand your disappointment that your trip will now be more costly. This error was partly due to the recent change in ownership and partly due to 2 guests with the same name. I have learned from this mistake and will make sure it does not happen to anyone else in the future.

Please accept my apologies.

Maryann