Newport Motel
Sunapee Lake Lodge(Mount Sunapee)
US$173
US$75
RodewayInn
Fairway Motel(New London)
US$119
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
US$153
US$146
US$97
US$132
US$184
US$175
US$92
All reviewshomemade muffinsmini fridgemount sunapeeroom was cleantwo queen bedsvisiting familyair conditionernew hampshiretwo nightsstay there again
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Newport Motel! I only stayed for two nights but would definitely come back and stay longer.
The owner made you feel welcome right away and had some good tips on where to go and what to do.
Breakfast was great! There were bagels, homemade muffins, coffee, OJ and lots of other things to give you a good start for the day! :)
The rooms were very clean and there was nothing that could have been better.
The location is good, too. I just went out for day trips and the area around the motel is just beautiful
It's a shame that I'm from Germany and that I won't be able to come back that soon - but if I do, I'll definitely stay at the Newport Motel again!
Thanks so much for a great time in Newport! :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank AmeriMehri
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We stayed for 3 nights on a ski trip to Mt Sunapee that was only about 5 miles away. Newport Motel was within a few miles of lots of inexpensive restaurants. Room and bathroom were spotless. Friendly hosts and nice continental breakfast of juice, hot coffee, hot chocolate, yummy home made muffins, and bagels. Great value and saved over 50% compared to the hotels closer to the mountain. Easy access from car to room with all ski equipment and lots of of ski bags. HIgh speed internet available. We would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2009

You never know what to expect when dropping less than $80 a night on a room, but at the Newport Motel, I can say you get quality. Place was in very good condition- clean / comfy beds, clean bathroom, clean pool (only a few feet deep, but perfect to refresh yourself in), and hospitable owners. If you're expecting the place to have that brand-spanking-new feeling and are uncomfortable with staying in a room that has obviously been around for awhile, it may be best that you spend your night elsewhere. But for the price, this place delivers. They also have larger / deluxe rooms, which I didn't get a peek into (other members of my family were staying there while we all attended a local family reunion), so perhaps those have a different feel.

The majority of my family already re-booked for next year, and I anticipate we will as well. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Our stay at the Newport Motel was great. The room was very very clean. The bathroom looked like you were at home. The Owners Bob and Rita were absolutely the nicest people we have met in a long time. The room was good size. And it was close to a lot of things. I will be going back to their motel again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank angylleyes1964
Reviewed 15 March 2009

In mid-March, we had a gathering to attend in Sunapee, N.H. As the home we were visiting would be overflowing with over-night guests, I wanted to find alternate accommodations for the two of us- plus our chocolate lab. Scouring the Internet, I looked for a place to stay that would be clean, budget conscious and pet-friendly. After several false starts, I found these things at the Newport Hotel- located 10 minutes from our original destination in Sunapee.
Having called the front desk to tell them we would be checking in later than originally planned, arrangements were made to leave a key for us . Upon opening our assigned room, we found it warm and clean, with cable TV and a mini-fridge for those whose stay might be longer than ours...Not a place with frills; nor sound proof walls to accommodate a neighboring guest that may border on boisterous...but a safe, comfy haven to lay your head at the end of the day- and one whose owners' concern for their enterprise is reflected in the way they care for their property, and treat their guests.
We checked out 12 hours after arriving, and found fresh coffee and sweets offered for breakfast at the motel's office.
Thanks to the Wagner's for providing EXACTLY what we had hoped for.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple